phatrat

2017 Completed Trades Thread

For the league in my signature, moved Paxton and Knebel for AJ Pollock and a 2nd rounder next year. I have way too much pitching and closers come and go, so couldn't miss out on the chance to get on the D-Backs train!

In an original round keeper (keep 3) I just traded Cody Bellinger and Felipe Rivero for Zach Greinke.

After a good week last week In jumped to 8th in my 14 team keeper. This week I am playing the last place team and should be able to at least jump to 7th overall (Top 6 make playoffs.) I shopped around with "that guy"in my league who's team is so young it won't compete for 5 years, and found my Villar replacement. My sig is out of date, but JBJ probably my worst keeper right now (keep 12.)

Gave

My $4 JBJ

Got

His $54 Robinson Cano

the first-place team just traded Brian Dozier straight up for Gio Gonzalez (to the back-to-back champion)

I am adamantly against vetoes, but I can't deny that I am f****** pissed. 

Gio is going to crash so hard.

For reference, CBS has Gio ranked as the #82 overall starting pitcher and Dozier ranked as the #5 second basemen.

and last week, the same team acquired Jason Kipnis for Addison Reed.

These managers are so freakin stubborn when I try to make trades with them... then they go out and make these awful trades. It feels like we are playing Uno and people keep handing this guy Wild Draw 4's. Really takes some of the fun out of the competition... these random gifts. 

I'm in 2nd place in my 10-team roto dynasty league and trying to repeat as champion.  My pitching numbers are trending downward fast, and I have a lot of OF depth, so I just offered my Jake Arrieta and Michael Conforto to get Max Scherzer from a rebuilding team.  It was accepted instantly, which made me worry a bit that I might have left something on the table, but I figure aces aren't going to come cheap this year, and Mad Max is among the best.

Here's my team before the trade, with backups / bench bats in parentheses and DL players crossed out:

C: Realmuto     1B: Bellinger (Pujols)     2B: Murphy     SS: Nunez (Gyorko)      3B: Carpenter (Franco)     IF: Pujols (V-Mart)

OF: Trout, Cruz, Conforto, Ozuna, Khris Davis, (Maybin, Altherr)     Util: Souza, Broxton (Bird)
SP: Arrieta, Carlos Martinez, Cueto, Pineda, Estrada (Wacha, Faria, Chase Anderson, Cobb, Salazar, Karns)

RP: Holland, Oh, Knebel, Kintzler

After the deal I'm suddenly not super deep at OF, but I've seen worse.  Meanwhile, I go from not having a real ace on my staff to one of the top 3, and it takes a lot of pressure off of my other arms.  Of course Scherzer's 32, so I don't know how much I'll get out of him, but Arrieta's 31, so I don't feel like I lose much there, especially the way Jake's looked this season.  Conforto looks like he could turn into something special, but he's still young, so he could also hit a long cold stretch and not help me much this year.

Anyone think I massively overpaid?  I usually don't pay much for pitching because of the injury factor, but Sherzer's been as reliable as it gets.  The one worry I had was having his workload reduced with the Nats so far ahead in the division, but I'll take 90 of his innings over 120 of just about anyone else's.

2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

I'm in 2nd place in my 10-team roto dynasty league and trying to repeat as champion.  My pitching numbers are trending downward fast, and I have a lot of OF depth, so I just offered my Jake Arrieta and Michael Conforto to get Max Scherzer from a rebuilding team.  It was accepted instantly, which made me worry a bit that I might have left something on the table, but I figure aces aren't going to come cheap this year, and Mad Max is among the best.

Here's my team before the trade, with backups / bench bats in parentheses and DL players crossed out:

C: Realmuto     1B: Bellinger (Pujols)     2B: Murphy     SS: Nunez (Gyorko)      3B: Carpenter (Franco)     IF: Pujols (V-Mart)

OF: Trout, Cruz, Conforto, Ozuna, Khris Davis, (Maybin, Altherr)     Util: Souza, Broxton (Bird)
SP: Arrieta, Carlos Martinez, Cueto, Pineda, Estrada (Wacha, Faria, Chase Anderson, Cobb, Salazar, Karns)

RP: Holland, Oh, Knebel, Kintzler

After the deal I'm suddenly not super deep at OF, but I've seen worse.  Meanwhile, I go from not having a real ace on my staff to one of the top 3, and it takes a lot of pressure off of my other arms.  Of course Scherzer's 32, so I don't know how much I'll get out of him, but Arrieta's 31, so I don't feel like I lose much there, especially the way Jake's looked this season.  Conforto looks like he could turn into something special, but he's still young, so he could also hit a long cold stretch and not help me much this year.

Anyone think I massively overpaid?  I usually don't pay much for pitching because of the injury factor, but Sherzer's been as reliable as it gets.  The one worry I had was having his workload reduced with the Nats so far ahead in the division, but I'll take 90 of his innings over 120 of just about anyone else's.

I don't think you overpaid. It's a classic win-now versus win-later. Conforto is a great re-building piece and Scherzer has a lot of innings on his arm. But with Arrieta struggling and Scherzer beasting, in addition to your outfield depth, I think it's a win-win for both teams. Scherzer could be the piece that puts your squad over the top. And as they say, flags fly forever!   giphy.gif  

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

6 hours ago, Donkey Doolittle said:

Arenado, Thames, Urias for Trumbo, Harrison, Paxton, McCullers

The only way this works is if you have the hitting to back it up.  If so I think you won the trade.

flags fly forever

Justin Turner and Carlos Martinez for Nolan Arenado. 

Yes.

First place team in my league offered me Billy Hamilton, Aaron Judge, Chris Archer  and Luis Severino for Mike Trout. Should I take the trade?

just deal bryant and kintzler for jd martinez and osuna

1 keeper league, could not keep bryant, but get to keep JD at 9th round value for 2018 and 2019

Ok all I need some help with three decisions on my dynasty team. 

1. Mixed 12 team dynasty league
2. Draft format
3. H2H 6x6; AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP
4. Keepers - 12 teams, 18 keepers
5. Draft is over so ADP doesn't really matter

Here is my roster:
C - Gary Sanchez 
1B - Travis Shaw
2B - Starlin Castro
SS - Dansby Swanson
3B - Mike Moustakas
OF - JD Martinez
OF - Andrew Benintendi
OF - Michael Conforto
Util - Billy Hamilton
Bench - Josh Bell, Hanley Ramirez, Hunter Renfroe, Brendan Rogers

SP - Greinke, Lester
RP - Nova, Severino
P - Nola, Lynn, Taillon, Porcello, Pomeranz, Wheeler, T Ross
DL - V Velasquez, Jean Segura
NA - Anderson Espinoza, Michael Kopech

After all of that information, I have three questions for all. What would the trade value be for Jon Lester? He's 33 and I want to go younger for the future. Would a trade of Jeff Hoffman for Jon Lester be a good deal? That might be a dumb question. Lastly, Segura is about to come off the DL and I need to drop some one or trade two players for one. What should I do?

Thank you all for your help

On 6/16/2017 at 1:32 PM, Donkey Doolittle said:

Arenado, Thames, Urias for Trumbo, Harrison, Paxton, McCullers

whoever the arenado owner is in this deal should not be running a fantasy team....unless this is an AL ONLY LEAGUE

18 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

whoever the arenado owner is in this deal should not be running a fantasy team....unless this is an AL ONLY LEAGUE

This.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

I just traded Alex Wood for K. Jansen. Is that a good move? And what pitcher, if any could i grab off of waivers to replace him?

I'm in a Roto 5 player keeper league (my first time in a baseball league) and I just traded Alex Wood for K. Jansen. Is that a good move? And what pitcher, if any could i grab off of waivers to replace him? I'm also 1st in my league so what should I use to trade to strengthen the weaker parts of my team?

My Squad

C- Grandal (need to upgrade)

1B- Alonso, Bour, Zimmerman, Mancini and Goldschmidt

2B- Lowrie, Villar, Ramirez

3B- Lamb, Suarez, Nunez

SS- Simmons (villar,nunez)

OF- Santana, Hangier, Blackmon (ramierez,mancini, nunez)

SP- Leake, Gio Gonzalez, Bundy, Devenski, Ervin Santana, Duffy, 

R- Knebel, J smith, Strahm

21 hours ago, dylon52 said:

I just traded Alex Wood for K. Jansen. Is that a good move? And what pitcher, if any could i grab off of waivers to replace him?

i would grab scherzer off the wire, he is pretty good

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

i would grab scherzer off the wire, he is pretty good

I prefer Kershaw, but heck, grab both if they're available.

14 team, H2H, keep UP TO 3.  Just moved Syndergaard for Marcus Stroman.

Last week:

6x6 roto, traded away Bellinger, Jones, Bud Norris for Mookie and Fowler

Yes, before Bellinger started going crazy. I also dropped Fowler. Yes, before he started going crazy.

Traded Arenado (ugh) for Kris Bryant & Josh Donaldson.  Hated to move Arenado, but I think I had to make this move.  (And yes, I posted this as a question, and received the advice of many on here to do it.)  ---  I still miss Arenado!