phatrat

2017 Completed Trades Thread

I'm guessing the general public won't approve of these, but in my OBP league I made these two deals:

fwiw, I am (was?) loaded with 3B and closers

Trade: Dee Gordon

Receive: D.J. LeMahieu

Trade: Maikel Franco (already have Arenado/Turner/Rendon) + Blake Trienan (have 4 other closers)

Receive: Sean Manaea + Cesar Hernandez + 18th round draft pick 

I have googly eyes for Manaea's gaudy swinging strike numbers and I like what I've seen from Cesar (plus his .371+ OBP last year)

In my 10-team dynasty league, I just accepted Carlos Martinez and Marcell Ozuna in exchange for Jose Quintana and Vince Velasquez.  It sucked to have to give up Quintana, who is probably going to move to a better team and park this season and could end up being sort of a poor man's Johnny Cueto, but it's so hard to trade for ace-upside pitchers like Martinez in dynasty leagues, so I took it.  Velasquez was also hard to part with because I'm a Phillies homer, but the sky-high K upside is limited somewhat by maddening control issues and significant injury risk.  I don't love Ozuna's profile, but he's shown streaks of potential, and is still young enough that there could be another level there.

My starting five goes from

Arrieta, Cueto, Quintana, Duffy, Velasquez

to

Arrieta, Cueto, Martinez, Duffy, and whoever of Pineda, Cobb, Shoemaker, Cotton, or Nova shows the most consistency.  I think that's still good for a 10-team league.

20 Team Dynasty

I give: Lorenzo Cain and Danny Duffy

I get: Justin Verlander and Kevin Pillar

I got Verly, Strasburg, Tanaka as my big 3 in H2H 20 team now....

10 team trade - not too sure about it now that I hit the accept...should I have done it?

Gave: Matt Wieters, Mark Reynolds, Send Ervin Santana
Got: Yadier Molina, Masahiro Tanaka, Mitch Moreland

22 hours ago, sh0rte02 said:

10 team trade - not too sure about it now that I hit the accept...should I have done it?

Gave: Matt Wieters, Mark Reynolds, Send Ervin Santana
Got: Yadier Molina, Masahiro Tanaka, Mitch Moreland

all I see are five waiver wire dudes and a top-25 pitcher (no disrespect to Reynolds hot start) 

that pitcher is not Ervin Santana 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

all I see are five waiver wire dudes and a top-25 pitcher (no disrespect to Reynolds hot start) 

that pitcher is not Ervin Santana 

Santana over Tanaka? or other way around? I don't know why but several guys picked up two catchers and left me with having to pick up Wieters with my last pick, I dropped Moreland, I needed an empty slot for my guy coming off the DL so I was shopping Reynolds before I had to drop him, have Goldy, and Adrian Gonzalez to cover 1B

15 minutes ago, sh0rte02 said:

Santana over Tanaka? or other way around? I don't know why but several guys picked up two catchers and left me with having to pick up Wieters with my last pick, I dropped Moreland, I needed an empty slot for my guy coming off the DL so I was shopping Reynolds before I had to drop him, have Goldy, and Adrian Gonzalez to cover 1B

what I mean to say is: in that trade I see one difference maker (Tanaka) and a bunch of "meh" that I'd be in no rush to roster 

I like the Tanaka side 

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

just dealt trout and greinke FOR bryant and strasburg

can keep bryant at 5th round value for 2 more years after this

was Trout a 1st round value? 

Sent C.Seager and Recieved K.Bryant in a keep forever. I think its pretty fair, right?

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

just dealt trout and greinke FOR bryant and strasburg

can keep bryant at 5th round value for 2 more years after this

Great deal with the rounds attached to each

32 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

yeppers

oh man... nice trade. 

Sent C.Seager and Recieved K.Bryant in a keep forever. I think its pretty fair, right?

seems fair. I'm higher and higher on Seager with each day... just a monster bat/eye/approach. and at shortstop? beast. 

but you got Kris Bryant, so who's complaining? 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

4 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

oh man... nice trade. 

seems fair. I'm higher and higher on Seager with each day... just a monster bat/eye/approach. and at shortstop? beast. 

but you got Kris Bryant, so who's complaining? 

Thats the thing, I am too. Just everything ive read this season, to me, suggests hes going to be a first round value from here on out. Hes just so polished for his age. The major factor was that I traded for Correa in the offseason so its not like I have a bum fall back. So now its Correa, Arenado, Bryant occupying my SS 3B IF instead, which I think may be better overall in the long run. 

22 minutes ago, TheNephilim said:

Sent Cruz and Pineda for Trea Turner.  

Before or after the hammy?

Dynasty Team in Sig.

Sent Carlos Gonzalez and Santiago Casilla for Jason Kipnis and Matt Strahm

Still think I could have done better, but after two weeks of an ERA over 5 I sent:

My $4 Kris Bryant

For 

His $4 Mazara/$4 Thor

$3 price increase to keep each season.

9 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

Still think I could have done better, but after two weeks of an ERA over 5 I sent:

My $4 Kris Bryant

For 

His $4 Mazara/$4 Thor

$3 price increase to keep each season.

If Mazara continues to hit you did ok.

2 weeks in to my 10-team (but very deep rosters) h2h categories league and I'm sitting dead in last place. Not all is lost though - I'm 2nd or 1st in most hitting cats but dead last in all pitching. Got a couple moves that I made to actively correct the pitching problem and wanted to gauge value:

Deal 1:

Sent: Odor

Received: Carrasco

Deal 2:

Sent: Polanco

Received: Degrom, Gomez

Thoughts? People cling to good hitters in this league so they are a bit of a premium.

On April 5th I sent Thames and Matz for Paxton and Dickerson in my $150 12 team 5x5 Roto and the same day I picked up Thames off the FA pool for free in my other league which is a $100 12 team 5x5 H2H in which I had drafted Paxton in.  It's super early of course but I'm in 1st place in both leagues :D