bbythepier

Buster Posey 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

that can change though.  any chance giants make a move for some offense?

with bumgarner injured / putting a major dent in their playoff chances i highly doubt it

The hits are there. At some point he has to start racking RBIs. At least that's what I'm hoping for but SF offense has been terrible 

This guy is hitting everything right now .. and just crushed another HR but he might as well be batting 9th for the Padres with the total lack of offense from the rest of the hitters in the Giants lineup.

12 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Walk-off dinger in the 17th... how bout dem apples

You spent a ~10th round pick higher than when I picked McCann.  HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?!

I've never seen someone more relieved and simply exhausted upon hitting a walk-off dinger as Posey was 

Edited by BMcP

9 hours ago, BMcP said:

I've never seen someone more relieved and simply exhausted upon hitting a walk-off dinger as Posey was 

just watched the clip on MLB.com ... hilarious, looked like he was gonna flip the bat and then ... nah ... too tired

if only san fran would get on base, hes have lik 25 rbis right now instead of 9....lol

So, apparently Posey changed the load on his swing and is going with less of a leg kick this year: http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Buster-Posey-s-batting-adjustment-goes-a-long-11143279.php

Hitting for more power.  Has walked more than he has struck out. 

He battled a back injury all year last year and I could tell from the way he looked in the WBC that he was healthy and the stroke was much quicker to the ball.

Only 11 RBI on 7 HR is just awful, but it says two things: Teams are pitching around Posey in RBI situations and the Giants 1-2 hitters have not been good.  Span is back and is swinging a hot bat right now, so hopefully that helps. 

15 minutes ago, The Czar said:

So, apparently Posey changed the load on his swing and is going with less of a leg kick this year: http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Buster-Posey-s-batting-adjustment-goes-a-long-11143279.php

Hitting for more power.  Has walked more than he has struck out. 

He battled a back injury all year last year and I could tell from the way he looked in the WBC that he was healthy and the stroke was much quicker to the ball.

Only 11 RBI on 7 HR is just awful, but it says two things: Teams are pitching around Posey in RBI situations and the Giants 1-2 hitters have not been good.  Span is back and is swinging a hot bat right now, so hopefully that helps. 

Watched recent games you could see it, his bat "waggle" is less long where the knob seemed to be inconsistent, he and Goldy kind of both do that, but watched him last night in particular, wasnt 100% sure it was him hitting as you can see a difference in the stance.  

On 5/13/2017 at 10:40 PM, BeantownBashers said:

What is Posey's value in a dynasty?

Depends on the settings...

With Poseys injury history, its a great move. Not his fight 

I read somewhere that Strickland shook Posey off a few times before the bean ball, is that true?  I can't find the entire AB anywhere.  If that is the case and Posey knew that he was going to hit Harper, does he still deserve the criticism?  

It's a bad look for sure. At least Salvador Perez made a cursory attempt to stop Machado from running after Ventura last year. 

Great move by Posey.  With Bumgarner already down he can't risk anything if the Giants want to have a shot at the post season.

3 minutes ago, desert86 said:

Great move by Posey.  With Bumgarner already down he can't risk anything if the Giants want to have a shot at the post season.

Not risking much by taking two steps to try and get in front of Harper and calm him down. Can you recall a catcher who got hurt trying to prevent a player from charging the mound? I can't. 

Edited by absknicks

I can't recall a C not taking even a step either. But when you watch the replay, Posey's arms drop down, like a "aw come on man." And not everyone killing Posey for this. 

When someone is running at your teammate with a helmet in hand he should of at least done something to get the helmet out of the equation. Very disappointing.

22 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I can't recall a C not taking even a step either. But when you watch the replay, Posey's arms drop down, like a "aw come on man." And not everyone killing Posey for this. 

I mean, no one's asking Posey to get on the bottom on the pile or start the fight himself a la Jason Varitek. Just make, like absknicks as said, a cursory attempt to intercept Harper.

And people are acting like it's some principled stand, not getting involved. Or it was to avoid injury.

Idk, I just think Posey comes off like like a bit of a, I'll use a nice word, wimp.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I mean, no one's asking Posey to get on the bottom on the pile or start the fight himself a la Jason Varitek. Just make, like absknicks as said, a cursory attempt to intercept Harper.

And people are acting like it's some principled stand, not getting involved. Or it was to avoid injury.

Idk, I just think Posey comes off like like a bit of a, I'll use a nice word, wimp.

Watch Crawford in that video. Obvious that everyone hates Strickland. Why isn't Crawford getting killed for this?

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Watch Crawford in that video. Obvious that everyone hates Strickland. Why isn't Crawford getting killed for this?

I noticed that too.

But the catcher has been the one guy who, historically, has been able to play the role of peacemaker in the majority of these brawls, no? They kind of have, I guess you could say, immunity.

And they also have the one thing that no one else on the field has: body armor.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Good look bro. You're getting destroyed right now.

DBB0DSRUAAAQWdy.jpg:large

Posey be like, "Good luck verse our 6'4'' 220 lb pitcher. Enjoy your suspension, Bryce."