ponza88

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Josh will excel in any scoring format because he does more after catching the ball, with his yards and his td's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

Throughout the week he was trending up.  Gordon did very well to put up 12.5 with Kizer throwing him the ball in a tough matchup.

 

My comment was mainly for those that said he’d put up 2 or 3 TDs. Using words like “guaranteed” and “book it”.

 

We all no Gordon isn’t the problem here...

 

My fear is the (bad) coaches decide the Kizer/Gordon chemistry isn’t as good as Kizer/Coleman, so less targets.

My hope is Kizer improves his chemistry with Gordon, and they get Gordon involved in shorter passes in addition to the bombs downfield.

 

If Gordon has the ball he can make plays, and make defenders miss...  

I’m starting Gordon over a guy projected to put up 4+ more points.

Kizer coleman hasn't been good all year....kizer is just now hitting njoku...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I get it. Thats fine. It just bothers me when the rankings of certain players get inflated when in reality its not the case if you look at actual in game performance. But to each their own. My main point that I didn't phrase right originally was in standard leagues mostly RBS should go in the first round with the exception of brown. Then everyone else falls into their place. In PPR I wouldn't even try to predict who people draft first. Im sure the numbers are all over the place compared to standard.

I agree.  But you also have to take into account how things change from year to year.  Just two years ago we saw by far the worst year for fantasy RB's and WR's were the top scores besides Freeman.  Then this year we have many great consistent producers at RB and only a couple of consistent WR's.  But the one guy that has been there every year is Brown.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 4:19 PM, dashoe said:

 

 

I would keep him on the bench and wait until the offseason so you can do a deep analysis and evaluate the opportunities you missed not starting him  :P

Done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

So if Josh Gordon is gonna ball out this week, then Kizer will too, right?  Anyone else considering a Gordon-Kizer stack?

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4917694

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone thinking of stacking kizor with gordon? I've got Keenum and thinking of possibly rolling with Kizor over him and really gambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Anyone thinking of stacking kizor with gordon? I've got Keenum and thinking of possibly rolling with Kizor over him and really gambling.

 

I feel the idiom "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" is apropos in this situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Anyone thinking of stacking kizor with gordon? I've got Keenum and thinking of possibly rolling with Kizor over him and really gambling.

Be ready for a stat line like, 250 yards passing 3 tds, 4 ints, 50 on the ground and a mini heart attack when he vanishes to the locker room due to a migraine lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Lol how awesome would it be, to say that flash Gordon won you your league this year?

 

I don't think I'm winning my first round game, let alone the league.  But I know this:  if I DO win the league, it will absolutely be because Gordon helped get me there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some guy charted every pass to Gordon.  Kudos to him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Some guy charted every pass to Gordon.  Kudos to him.

 

 

Dumbest thing I have heard.... 2-4 touchdowns if he didn’t miss the pass, 20-40 points if he caught the passes..... well yea, that’s the same for all 14 of Julio’s targets or Hopkins or brown.... what ifs are nice. Don’t expect perfect passes from kizer. Deep balls by any quarterbacks are a low percentage attempt. 

 

Either way, if I get him off waivers, I may start him over funchess. I’ve caved and funchess doesn’t have the greatest of matchups and if I’m gonna see this thread at the top of page one I should at least roster him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the thread on the first page anymore so I panicked and had to take an epipen.

 

I'm getting extremely pumped for this guy and will need him to put up at least 15 points standard this week. I think he exceeds it the way that Hue is feeding him the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Didn't see the thread on the first page anymore so I panicked and had to take an epipen.

 

I'm getting extremely pumped for this guy and will need him to put up at least 15 points standard this week. I think he exceeds it the way that Hue is feeding him the ball.

You bumping this back to the top is the reason I grabbed him on waivers (and of course talent and it looks like regardless of chemistry, Kizer/browns are going to target him 10 times per game rest of way).  

 

I cant see a thread constantly on top of page one without owning a guy lol. I got him, and now he needs to have a 7/120/1 day considering he had 4/85/0 against a great pass rush, great secondary defense in his first game back.

 

I feel this weekend greenbay is going to be doubling him after seeing how cleveland utilized him first game back. Could open up the doors for huge games by Njoku and Coleman.

 

@Dylanfan66When did a wr 3 become a must start? I would say he is a wr 2 based on targets and production against SD in his first game back and now going up a porous secondary in GB.

Edited by Zekepeak86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

 

You bumping this back to the top is the reason I grabbed him on waivers (and of course talent and it looks like regardless of chemistry, Kizer/browns are going to target him 10 times per game rest of way).  

 

I cant see a thread constantly on top of page one without owning a guy lol. I got him, and now he needs to have a 7/120/1 day considering he had 4/85/0 against a great pass rush, great secondary defense in his first game back.

 

I feel this weekend greenbay is going to be doubling him after seeing how cleveland utilized him first game back. Could open up the doors for huge games by Njoku and Coleman.

 

@Dylanfan66When did a wr 3 become a must start? I would say he is a wr 2 based on targets and production against SD in his first game back and now going up a porous secondary in GB.

Well I meant he is a WR3 for my teams.  I have good receivers in both leagues.  But yeah I think he is a must start in most leagues unless it's a 2 WR league or you are completely stacked at that position and flex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Well I meant he is a WR3 for my teams.  I have good receivers in both leagues.  But yeah I think he is a must start in most leagues unless it's a 2 WR league or you are completely stacked at that position and flex.

He will be my WR2 over Diggs for the rest of the season. I think he can likely be looked at as a firm WR1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Some guy charted every pass to Gordon.  Kudos to him.

 

 

Wow that was a poor showing by Kizer.  He has poor pocket awareness...  he doesn’t step up when he needs to, he forces the ball out before the play develops, and isn’t very accurate even when he has time.

 

Kizer just isn’t NFL ready.  He needs a veteran QB to learn from.

For what it’s worth Gordon played well against Hayward.

 

The short passes to Gordon worked, they should emphasize those this week.  One blown coverage, or defender slip and Gordon is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Lol how awesome would will it be, to say that flash Gordon won you your league this year?

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Wow that was a poor showing by Kizer.  He has poor pocket awareness...  he doesn’t step up when he needs to, he forces the ball out before the play develops, and isn’t very accurate even when he has time.

 

Kizer just isn’t NFL ready.  He needs a veteran QB to learn from.

For what it’s worth Gordon played well against Hayward.

 

The short passes to Gordon worked, they should emphasize those this week.  One blown coverage, or defender slip and Gordon is gone.

 

 

Kizer is a slow processor during the play. He is going to need a year or 2 on a practice squad to learn the mental skills needed to process what is going on with the defense and the offense as plays develop. He has the physical skills but he lack the mental skill of a starting NFL QB. I would be shocked if he is even in contention to compete for the starting job next season

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Kizer is a slow processor during the play. He is going to need a year or 2 on a practice squad to learn the mental skills needed to process what is going on with the defense and the offense as plays develop. He has the physical skills but he lack the mental skill of a starting NFL QB. I would be shocked if he is even in contention to compete for the starting job next season

I agree.  I’m not sure this coaching staff can “fix” him in a year.

It’s either bring in a veteran QB, or fire the coaches.  

 

I’d rather they bring in a veteran...  the revolving door in Cleveland got old a decade ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

I'm in the same boat in my one league.  Have Antonio brown as my WR1.  Michael Thomas has been my WR2 all season, but I think Josh Gordon has passed him.  Either way I'm starting all 3 in the playoffs

Josh Gordon has passed Michael Thomas? Thomas' floor is about as safe as it gets for a wr. Gordon would be a good flex if you have the option of 3 wr or 3rb with one being a flex, but to say he has jumped thomas is over valuing a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

This the NFL defenses are not apples to apples week to week, meaning simply because the Chargers didnt shut down Gordon doesnt mean the Bears can't shutdown Kizer.   The Bears have a solid defense and all it takes is a few sacks ,fumble or interception to change an entire gameplan.  Kizer is also not the type of QB that can punish a defense that blows coverage or blitzes.

 He is the weakest link in terms of Gordons potential production. There is a reason why he was benched a couple of times and the coaches wanted a mdseason trade replacement.

What u hope for is the coaches script some plays for Gordon where Kizer can't screw up

Am I think only one that is failing to make sense of this? Chargers are better than the Bears in almost every level of the defense. We are aware of Kizer's limitations, but he just helped Gordon to a good stat line against a better defense. We shouldn't worry about Gordon doing worse against a worse defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Josh Gordon has passed Michael Thomas? Thomas' floor is about as safe as it gets for a wr. Gordon would be a good flex if you have the option of 3 wr or 3rb with one being a flex, but to say he has jumped thomas is over valuing a ton.

QB’s throwing the WRs the ball:

Brees vs. Kizer

 

That’s a tough one... a top 10 HOF QB or a rookie with maybe the worst completion % I’ve ever seen.

 

It sounds like you’re coming into the game this week stacked, and just need a good/reliable WR to win.

 

I really like Gordon this week, but this is still the Browns...

 

If you want to draft Gordon over Thomas next year I get that, but this is the Playoffs not next year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.