Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

Cousins loses one of his favorite receives in Garcon.  There's a lot of talk about him going to the 49ers after this season.

Cousins can go anywhere he wants after the season is over. He will go to the team that pays him the most guaranteed money. If he really doesn't get a long-term deal one of those Romo suitor teams ready to win a championship may be able to commit to him.

DJAX is rumored to be gone later on this afternoon. 

What's the point of signing a QB to a 1 year $24,000,000 contract only to let his top receiving options go to free agency?

They must be in the Brandon Cooks sweepstakes or somebody else. That's the only thing I can think of because it doesn't make any other sense outside of that

37 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

DJAX is rumored to be gone later on this afternoon. 

What's the point of signing a QB to a 1 year $24,000,000 contract only to let his top receiving options go to free agency?

They must be in the Brandon Cooks sweepstakes or somebody else. That's the only thing I can think of because it doesn't make any other sense outside of that

DJax has missed a bunch of games the last few seasons and also ineffective in a bunch due to his health. Garcon hasn't been nearly as effective as he was during RG3's first couple seasons. The Redskins need to get some receivers that can stay healthy. Include the TEs in that health discussion.

This is so sad;

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

Per Mort, Cousins was "basically told not to get his hopes up." The well has been poisoned in Washington, with team president Bruce Allen alienating his franchise quarterback for essentially no reason. The nature of the modern NFL is that you have to pay quarterbacks more than you might sometimes be comfortable with. Whomever ends up replacing Cousins in Washington, this year or next, will almost certainly be a downgrade. The Redskins still can't stay out of their own way. It's a sad state of affairs for what should be a crown-jewel franchise.
1 hour ago, devaster said:

DJax has missed a bunch of games the last few seasons and also ineffective in a bunch due to his health. Garcon hasn't been nearly as effective as he was during RG3's first couple seasons. The Redskins need to get some receivers that can stay healthy. Include the TEs in that health discussion.

Garcon was effective with Shanahan.  He was also their most reliable receiver last year.

With the departures, I'm pretty high on Crowder and Doctson.

2 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Garcon was effective with Shanahan.  He was also their most reliable receiver last year.

With the departures, I'm pretty high on Crowder and Doctson.

Crowder is a nice slot guy. They better hope Doctson lives up to his draft position and can be an effective outside presence. The Redskins do need to find some quality receivers somewhere. It was smart to move on from Garcon and DJax imo, but they need to find replacements. Don't be like the Eagles and let Maclin walk without any replacements.

• 1 month later...

One of the most underrated and unappreciated QBs in the league. 

He is my value fantasy QB. 

Im no redskin fan but as soon as he is no longer under contract, he needs to throw Washington the ✌?

And ask them, YOU LIKE THAT?!!!!!

If San Francisco gets him, it's an instant playoff team with the way they are drafting and future picks from DA Bears!

• 1 month later...

I was at the Dallas vs Redskins game on Thanksgiving day last season. I saw how he almost single handily brought the Redskins back.

There's no reason why he shouldn't have a long-term contract by now.

Cousins is not the problem in Washington.

Source: The Washington Post - Liz Clarke

Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins recently characterized his talks about a contract extension as 'really positive' and appears content with whatever happens leading up to the July 15 league deadline for franchise-tagged players to hammer out a long-term deal, according to the Washington Post's Liz Clarke.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait until Cousins gives this franchise the middle finger and signs with a team that values his skill set.

Cousins passes my eye test and should have been signed into a long-term deal. I can imagine how frustrating he is to continue to talk contract deal but nothing has been officially signed.

Back to back season(2015 & 2016) with over 4,000 yds and QBR over 95, and over 67% completion rate. What more can you ask for from your QB!

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins has had encouraging contract talks recently, which owner Daniel Snyder has gotten involved in, and he expressed an interest in re-signing Cousins.

He'll get signed to a long-term deal before training camp. He's a 5,000 yard passer and this team is built to win shootouts. If they lose Cousins, it sets them back 2-3 years because neither the defense nor the running game is good enough to win games for them. Have to give Cousins credit for transforming from a scared-looking turnover machine to a prolific passer in three seasons. If Pryor continues to gain steam, Reed stays healthy, Doctson is decent and Crowder is Crowder, 5,000 yards and 30 TDs are pretty much a given. There will be no 1,000 yard rusher on this team anytime soon. Cousins is going to be the difference in a lot of fantasy players' seasons, and you don't have to spend much to get him.

11 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

He'll get signed to a long-term deal before training camp. He's a 5,000 yard passer and this team is built to win shootouts. If they lose Cousins, it sets them back 2-3 years because neither the defense nor the running game is good enough to win games for them. Have to give Cousins credit for transforming from a scared-looking turnover machine to a prolific passer in three seasons. If Pryor continues to gain steam, Reed stays healthy, Doctson is decent and Crowder is Crowder, 5,000 yards and 30 TDs are pretty much a given. There will be no 1,000 yard rusher on this team anytime soon. Cousins is going to be the difference in a lot of fantasy players' seasons, and you don't have to spend much to get him.

There are a lot of "ifs" in this statement which cause me to go the other way on Cousins this year. I have him ranked in the teens this year and think there are much better options. He just lost a ton and lost his coordinator as well. I don't see this year going well for anyone on Washington not named Crowder or Reed.

I have Cousins in dynasty and expect to have him in a few other leagues, given where I value him (QB6-7).

The only thing that kept him from having a monster season was struggles in the red zone and his weird tendency to miss on slants. Some of that is presumably on him, but Jackson and Garcon have never been the best red zone receivers and losing Reed hurt him. Also, there was a notable benefit to having Chris Thompson on the field (more like Rob Kelley off).

Doctson and Pryor should be a red zone improvement. With luck, perhaps Reed will play a bit more (never a comfortable assumption, I admit). Perine is an adequate receiver and excellent when compared to Kelley.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So whats this guys ADP? 

He should post close to top 10 QB numbers, what rounds are people taking him in?

I took him 99th in a standard snake, and for $1 in a standard auction. His price is very cheap, and he'll be my QB choice in every league I can get him in.

1 hour ago, DonaldsDucks said:

I took him 99th in a standard snake, and for $1 in a standard auction. His price is very cheap, and he'll be my QB choice in every league I can get him in.

early round 9 for cousins?  Pretty early for my taste. QB 5-like 17 are the same guy. I take the guy that falls. 

10 minutes ago, Ravensdan said:

early round 9 for cousins?  Pretty early for my taste. QB 5-like 17 are the same guy. I take the guy that falls. 

He's one of the few QBs that has 5000 yard upside given his situation, weapons and mastery of his offense. Plus he's something like second in QB rushing TDs over the past 2 years. Getting slept on big time IMO.

47 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He's one of the few QBs that has 5000 yard upside given his situation, weapons and mastery of his offense. Plus he's something like second in QB rushing TDs over the past 2 years. Getting slept on big time IMO.

I like cousins. I just don't like any of those guys in rd 9 because they're equall. 

1 hour ago, Ravensdan said:

I like cousins. I just don't like any of those guys in rd 9 because they're equall. 

Fair enough, and that's your opinion, which is valid. But he has a track record, and upside, which is very valuable. If he's the guy I want the 9th round is a very small price to pay.

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

And Cousins will be playing behind a solid O-line that is coached by one of the best in the business (Callahan).  It is no secret that the Redskins O-line yielded the 4th fewest sacks last season.  Throw in an improved run game and it is easy to foresee Cousins having one hell of a year.  

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Washington has until July 17th to get Cousin's long-term contract done. 

Tick tock, tick tock.

I wonder if he will surpass Carr's contract? It's not all about the skills that determines the amount of money but the market plays a major role..

Source: Yahoo! Sports - Charles Robinson

The Washington Redskins still have not made much progress in contract talks with QB Kirk Cousins and the two sides are not close to a deal.

Cousins is betting on himself again and I expect another solid season.

I don't normally cheer for the foe(Washington) but I like Cousins because he's an adorable cutie pie!!! 

U LIKE THAT?!!!

Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

Updating an ongoing story, Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins is likely to play for the franchise tag in 2017, and both sides are complacent with it, according to sources.