Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, KB_IV said:

 

Yes, I'm sure Kirk is just dying to get to SF. With San Fran's winning track record, a division full of soft defenses and California's extremely low income tax rate, I mean it just makes total sense.

 

Lol.  Do people making $20 million+ per year really worry about state income tax rates?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, chpatte4 said:

 

Lol.  Do people making $20 million+ per year really worry about state income tax rates?  

 

Of course they do. Add the 13.3% onto federal and FICA and your tax burden will be over 50%.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chpatte4 said:

 

Lol.  Do people making $20 million+ per year really worry about state income tax rates?  

 

 

Yes because it's not 20mm net once u factor in agents, managers, rest of support team and taxes. it's the net that matters. One of the main recruiting draws of Florida for athletes is the taxes

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys have very creative methods of avoiding taxes, with an entire tax-avoidance industry at their service.  I doubt tax issues very often enter the equation when players are weighing competing offers.

Cousins wants to play in SF because the Skins have treated him like dirt for years, and he knows that Shanahan and co. will treat him like a franchise quarterback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chpatte4 said:

 

Lol.  Do people making $20 million+ per year really worry about state income tax rates?  

 

Yes.  They worry about it more than someone making two hundred thousand, that's for sure.

 

I think "Kurt" Cousins wants to get away from the Redskins, and it's not totally about money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chpatte4 said:

 

Lol.  Do people making $20 million+ per year really worry about state income tax rates?  

 

 

 20mm x .03 =  $600k

20mm x .13  =  $2.6mm

 

Would you 'worry"  about taxes when you're negotiating your contract?

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

 20mm x .03 =  $600k

20mm x .13  =  $2.6mm

 

Would you 'worry"  about taxes when you're negotiating your contract?

 

Guys, I get it.  It's a factor, but I'd argue a very unimportant one for Kirk.

 

Pretty sure VA is 6%, D.C. & Maryland aren't likely too far off from Cali...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chpatte4 said:

 

Guys, I get it.  It's a factor, but I'd argue a very unimportant one for Kirk.

 

Pretty sure VA is 6%, D.C. & Maryland aren't likely too far off from Cali...

I understand and agree it's probably not the main factor in his decision making.

 

My question is why do so many people think he is a lock to go to SF? Just because Shanny? I just don't buy it. Especially considering that the Skins will have plenty of money to sign him to a huge deal if they so choose. Who's to say if the niners have another disastrous season that shanny won't just be axed like Chip was? My point is that the niners are not some stellar organization either,  They are probably in the same tier as the skins organizationally.

If the skins have a good season and are able to offer Kirk just as much as anyone else I am betting Kirk's first choice would be to just stay in DC. They have some great talent on the offensive side of the ball that most any QB would be happy with. The niners not so much. Now if the Skins happen to implode this year then maybe going to SF makes sense for him. Because in all likelihood if the skins suck it up this season they won't be offering him a LTD.

 

This is all off topic and obviously has no bearing of what his fantasy value will be this year. IMO he will have great year. If all his weapons and Oline stay healthy this year I could see a 4500-5000 yard 30-35 TD season coming for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless Kirk Cousins......

 

Source: NFL.com - Kevin Patra

Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins' first choice is to stay with the Redskins despite both sides not agreeing on a long-term deal. Cousins said he would love to stay in Washington long term and has hope for getting a deal done next offseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd struggle to get excited about Cousins as my QB1 in 2017.  Even if he has a good season, difficult to feel confident when it matters most:

 

Week 14: Chargers

Week 15: Cardinals

Week 16: Broncos

 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

So where is everyone ranking Cousins now that we are at Week 1 of the preseason? I've seen him ranked as high as 5th but as low as 15th. I think he's somewhere in the middle with plenty of big games possible. 

 

The Skins will probably be in a lot of close games and coming from behind in plenty of them which bodes well for the passing game.  Pryor is an upgrade over Garcon and D-Jax has been nothing but a deep threat for years so that could easily be replaced by Doctson if he can get and stay healthy.  Cousins also has Crowder & Reed at his disposal. 

 

I can't speak on Cousins without the mentioning the obvious chip on his shoulder due to contract issues. The Redskins are morons. 

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cousinal111 said:

So where is everyone ranking Cousins now that we are at Week 1 of the preseason? I've seen him ranked as high as 5th but as low as 15th. I think he's somewhere in the middle with plenty of big games possible. 

 

The Skins will probably be in a lot of close games and coming from behind in plenty of them which bodes well for the passing game.  Pryor is an upgrade over Garcon and D-Jax has been nothing but a deep threat for years so that could easily be replaced by Doctson if he can get and stay healthy.  Cousins also has Crowder & Reed at his disposal. 

 

I can't speak on Cousins without the mentioning the obvious chip on his shoulder due to contract issues. The Redskins are morons. 

 

Thoughts?

Right now he is my #5 QB. Last year, he had at least 300 yards or at least 2 TDs in 14 games! That is the consistency I look for, that number was only matched by Drew Brees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

 

at Chargers

Cardinals  (home)

Broncos  (home)

 

This won't affect my drafting of him one bit.

 

Yeah, Cardinals and Broncos have to travel a long way to Washington.

 

Home games often favor the offense and the Chargers defense does not strike fear in me like the Broncos or Cardinals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Yeah, Cardinals and Broncos have to travel a long way to Washington.

 

Home games often favor the offense and the Chargers defense does not strike fear in me like the Broncos or Cardinals.

Wouldn't completely avoid Cousins because of his playoff schefule, but those playoff matchups might be enough to steer me toward a similarly tiered QB with a more favorable playoff schedule. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Breezy has the best playoff schedule of the QBs but I love Cousins at his current ADP and he's playing for a long term contract. Cousins bets on himself each year and I don't see this season being any different from last. It could be better with the new addition of Pyror.

 

I still like Cousins floor(15pts) and ceiling(25+). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Breezy has the best playoff schedule of the QBs but I love Cousins at his current ADP and he's playing for a long term contract. Cousins bets on himself each year and I don't see this season being any different from last. It could be better with the new addition of Pyror.

 

I still like Cousins floor(15pts) and ceiling(25+). 

 

 

There are more TD's out there for him too. Last season he only threw 25, ranking him 13th in the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys was just wondering if anything has come up on Kirk Cousins? i cant seem to find anything negative about him recently.

Just asking in one of my money leagues someone just happen to drop him and im trying to waiver claim him. Personally think it was a stupid decision by the owner :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

Hey guys was just wondering if anything has come up on Kirk Cousins? i cant seem to find anything negative about him recently.

Just asking in one of my money leagues someone just happen to drop him and im trying to waiver claim him. Personally think it was a stupid decision by the owner :D

Not sure why they would do that, unless he's overreacting extremely to a meaningless pedestrian pre-season performance. Scoop him quick. Cousins will ball this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2017 at 11:47 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

I'd struggle to get excited about Cousins as my QB1 in 2017.  Even if he has a good season, difficult to feel confident when it matters most:

 

Week 14: Chargers

Week 15: Cardinals

Week 16: Broncos

 

You also need to take into account the teams who have favorable schedules come playoffs. Denver, Baltimore, Buffalo, Kansas City, and Chicago are 5 of the best 8 QB situations for Weeks 14-16. I wouldn't want the starting QB of any of those teams during my fantasy playoffs, despite their schedule.

 

The only QBs with a favorable playoff schedule who are actually good fantasy QBs are Brees, Winston, and Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...