Rotoworld.com Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Took Mariota over Cousins last night and I kind of regret it, kind of. This is the first time I am reading this thread so yea he was pretty great last year. 

His yardage will most likely be more or less the same. I doubt he has less TDs than he did last season. Mariota is a safe choice and could probably finish as a QB1 in a 12 team league, but Cousins offers the upside of a top 5 QB season. I'd say Cam, Cousins, and Dalton are the best value based on where their ADP is right now. See if you can swing him in a trade prior to the season starting, because his stock will only rise as the season progresses.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DJax tends to have a positive effect on QB's, so it'll be interesting to see how he is replaced. Garcon was reliable but I think that with Reed/Crowder there is enough reliability (when healthy) to replace that. Pryor is the obvious wild card, and he (imo) will be the determining factor if Cousins is a back-end QB1 or closer to top 5. The offense sets up well for Cousins. The RB's are average enough to gain a few yards, but not good enough to lean on. He's got a pretty perfect receiving core - a huge deep threat who could be a major red zone factor (Pryor), a super reliable slot receiver who has the potential to be a real mis-match, a stud TE who is an absolute beast whenever on the field, a great receiving back, and a pretty solid o-line. Plus, if Doctson gives them anything, that's gravy. He can make some pretty poor throws at times, so it's not super comfortable having him as a QB1, but the top 5 upside is clearly there. 

Love me some Cousins later in drafts this year. He's got a lot of WR changes but he's got 4 legit weapons between Pryor, Reed, Crowder, and Docson. The RBs look like hot garbage and I think we will see a lot of Thompson in the backfield to catch passes. Kirk will be slinging it a ton this year. 

Edited by ponchsox

The offense as a whole looked putrid in the 1st quarter.  They got progressively better but I can't say that yesterday's game instilled much confidence as a shareholder for both Cousins/Pryor.

Kelley actually was the lone bright spot.

Trying not to overreact on preseason games but would have liked to see more chemistry and cohesiveness on offense.  Hopefully they right the ship by the time the season starts.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

The offense as a whole looked putrid in the 1st quarter.  They got progressively better but I can't say that yesterday's game instilled much confidence as a shareholder for both Cousins/Pryor.

Kelley actually was the lone bright spot.

Trying not to overreact on preseason games but would have liked to see more chemistry and cohesiveness on offense.  Hopefully they right the ship by the time the season starts.

It's going to take a few weeks for the first unit to get in synch but I'm still a believer.

it will take some time but cousins should have the offense rolling eventually, hes going to throw a lot thats for sure.  not sure about week 1 vs the eagles and their pass rush but still confident cousins is a top 5 finish this year

Great last year, but some red zone inefficiency.

Reed for (presumably) more games helps, as do Pryor and Doctson if he ever gets on the field. Vernon Davis looked better than he has in years too.

But there are some concerns. Pryor + Doctson have more upside than Garcon + Jackson, but more downside too.

Also, hard to see him sustaining the rushing scores, though it's a couple years in a row now that he's been near the non-Cam top.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kco734 said:

It was not pretty stillway to early say the offence is screwed for the year

Definitely too early to write them off. But Crowder was obviously not 100%, Reid is going to be playing with a bad toe all season (and whatever other injuries he inevitably suffers), Cousins and Pryor have no chemistry, and Doctson did not even have a target. Th running game was also putrid (Cousins led the team in rushing yards). They've got a lot of work to do this week in practice.

Cousins started last year off poorly too. He had a 1:3 TD to INT ratio after the first two games. In 2015 he was awful for six games. He will be fine this year. He just seems to take some time to get going, especially with Pryor being new and Docston essentially being new.

Been trying to figure this out as well. Traveling across the country against an underrated defense who will get their best interior lineman back, I'm thinking the answer is probably not. It will probably happen more like next week against the Raiders where they have to throw all day to keep up with Oakland. 

4 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Been trying to figure this out as well. Traveling across the country against an underrated defense who will get their best interior lineman back, I'm thinking the answer is probably not. It will probably happen more like next week against the Raiders where they have to throw all day to keep up with Oakland. 

yeah, Capt. Kirk gotta air it out tomorrow in L.A. - 353/2/2, sacked 4 times.

Rams: 26  Indigenous Peoples: 24

Its too early to call whether or not he'll have a good outing this year but I took the gamble.  Had Pryor not dropped that relatively easy touchdown pass it would be looking a lot better.  He was also unfortunate with a bad call against him for a fumble.  Lets not forget they have a new offensive coordinator so it will take time for them to gel.

8 minutes ago, East_Coast_NYG said:

Its too early to call whether or not he'll have a good outing this year but I took the gamble.  Had Pryor not dropped that relatively easy touchdown pass it would be looking a lot better.  He was also unfortunate with a bad call against him for a fumble.  Lets not forget they have a new offensive coordinator so it will take time for them to gel.

Well....Aint nobody got time for that..

talk about underachieving - thought I had an absolute steal in the 7th round when I picked this guy.

watching the game today, he really missed Garcon and Jackson

off to my bench he goes while to go on WW

There's so many Qbs struggling though... Rodgers, cam, Ryan, Wilson, Mariota, Dalton, Prescott.  Even Brees and Ben Have been solid not spectacular. Been a very weird season. Plus he had two tough matchup. Let's see what he does vs Oakland before dropping. He started slow last year too. That being said they don't have the number of weapons they had last year so I am concerned too.