verycoolnin

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

13 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

Getting to the point where he is a drop...this is crazy 

I definitely wouldn't drop him. Better days ahead.

I like the weapons they have. They just are not committing to getting the pass going like they did to the run today.its just ugly, but you're right.weird season. Looking like guys are not ready at all. But you've convinced me to get off the drop ledge . 

So many people underestimated the value desean+garcon gave to kirk as veteran wr's that helped him develop as a QB. It's not easy to plug and play new wr's pryor+doctson+grant+quick and expect no growing pains or poor play.

You have to give the passing game a few weeks to develop a rhythm and gel

I feel like he's a matchup play at this point, maybe he can start to build some chemistry by weeks 6-7, if not he's just another streaming option IMO.

Coaching effects him too...too me, they seemed overly committed to the run game - any bright spots passing were limited / he never got into a groove. Not that run isn't important.

I'm shocked at how bad this passing offense has been. All we saw were highlight reels between Cousins and Pryor in the offseason. That hasn't carried over at all. But what's REALLY jaw dropping is that he can't find Reed or Crowder either whom he played with last year. I don't understand what happened.

Not dropping yet, but I wouldn't rule it out. There's a lot of QB depth this year and streaming is looking pretty viable. Hate where I drafted this guy though.

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

I'm shocked at how bad this passing offense has been. All we saw were highlight reels between Cousins and Pryor in the offseason. That hasn't carried over at all. But what's REALLY jaw dropping is that he can't find Reed or Crowder either whom he played with last year. I don't understand what happened.

Reed & Crowder are both hurt too.

I think Cousins and co are in for a big week against Oakland. They have a couple of weeks under their belt now as they continue to gel together the new players on offense, the Jets threw the ball decently well v Oakland, and they'll be at home in Washington. 

Pryor came out today and said that he is going to still have a huge year and that starts this weekend v Oakland. Let's go!

3 hours ago, tywalson said:

I think Cousins and co are in for a big week against Oakland. They have a couple of weeks under their belt now as they continue to gel together the new players on offense, the Jets threw the ball decently well v Oakland, and they'll be at home in Washington. 

Pryor came out today and said that he is going to still have a huge year and that starts this weekend v Oakland. Let's go!

Well,  he can start by catching the ball when it falls right in his hands.

If he does not have a good game against the Raiders, we'll have to conclude that this is going to be a down year.

That said, I cautiously optimistic.  I'm starting Crowder over TY Hilton even though the "experts" say start TY.

4 hours ago, tywalson said:

Pryor needs to focus on having a huge each game  this week instead of saying he is going to have a huge year.

Stop making proclamations about what you are going to do and just execute daily!  :mellow:

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

Well,  he can start by catching the ball when it falls right in his hands.

People attacked me in this thread when I asked if anyone was concerned about his drops in the preseason.  They all laughed saying "its just preseason brah".  You guys laughing now?

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Pryor needs to focus on having a huge each game  this week instead of saying he is going to have a huge year.

Stop making proclamations about what you are going to do and just execute daily!  :mellow:

To be fair, he did both. He said he's still going to have a big year, AND it starts this week in Oakland. He's focused on crushing it this week to get it started. 

Might take the offense a while to click. Maybe after the bye week. Bet he's top five from there on though.

Nice matchup this week, but I'll be going with Stafford instead.

I'm chalking Week 1 up to the Eagles D being solid, while Crowder and Reed weren't healthy. Week 2 I'm chalking up to the Redskins utilizing a run-heavy scheme because they were playing against their ex-offensive coordinator (McVay) who could likely recognize what Cousins was going to do on every pass play and call the defense accordingly. This week, Cousins is playing in prime time against one of the QBs that just got an NBA-like contract; a contract he wants. If Cousins really thinks he's going to get one of those contracts like Stafford and Carr, he's going to have to start by out-gunning Carr on Sunday night.

The matchup looks great on  paper. I want more than anything to play this guy, but looking at his history in prime time is not good. I think I will be looking elsewhere as Kirk has simply not shown up yet in his career while under the lights.

Cousins finally got his schwerve on, making extremely impressive look-offs to the open receiver over and over. It was a new man out there last night. And all of that without Reed as well.

He looked like a top 5 fantasy QB last night and this is Pryor getting 2 catches for 19 yards and no Reed.

At home, Cousins is an absolute stud. Next week at KC scares the hell at of me and he will probably be on my bench.

Looked really great - what a stark difference.

With that being said, I think he is a bench next week @ KC.  They are going to maul that O-Line.