octapuss

Mookie Betts 2017 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

One thing is obvious too me, you can tell who has either owned, or followed Mookie his whole career, and the ones who haven't.

Very true.

I think it becomes pretty obvious too who is a fan of the sport vs those who just happen to be playing fantasy baseball.

A stolen base! Now he's performing like a first rounder.

On 2/19/2017 at 11:55 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

This dude is my predicition for biggest bust

Spot on...this guy is worthless as a 1st rounder and does nothing for days until one big game then disappears for days again. Never own him again in H2H

16 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Spot on...this guy is worthless as a 1st rounder and does nothing for days until one big game then disappears for days again. Never own him again in H2H

Just curious as what you guys think his stats should be at this point in the season?

Because he's currently on pace for 27/23 batting .290 with a 16/13 BB/K rate...?

Is that not 1st round material or am I missing something? 

Edited by DannyMcPot

He's one of the best hitters in baseball.  5 tool player and doesn't strike out.  Are people also complaining about Mike Trout?  Yeesh

31 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Just curious as what you guys think his stats should be at this point in the season?

Because he's currently on pace for 27/23 batting .290 with a 16/13 BB/K rate...?

Is that not 1st round material or am I missing something? 

Whom is a troll that whines about players and has literally never added anything of value to the boards. Feel free to ignore. 

The Good Doctor, in his defense, has elevated his thing to an art form.  Don't judge too harshly.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Only one game you say?

His stat line last week was 8/3/11 with a SB and a .375 average. Go play with a grizzly bear or something. 

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

The Good Doctor, in his defense, has elevated his thing to an art form.  Don't judge too harshly.

For real, Ive come to enjoy it. I mean, it's almost 20K posts of go hard trolling. That's dedication, dudes an institution. Sets a high bar

On 5/20/2017 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Whom said:

Come up on 20,000 doc.  Any big plans for a celebration?

42 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

The only people who don't like Mookie Betts are internet trolls and Jeff Sessions.

Jeff Sessions liked him before he found out he smoked pot once with the KKK.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Jeff Sessions liked him before he found out he smoked pot once with the KKK.

Liked him when he heard he was well-spoken and good at bowling. Disliked when he saw a photo.

I don't own him other than a stupid free points league...

just that he kind of sucks this year... totally pedestrian. 

2 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

No doubt he isn't EXACTLY what we signed up for, but there is like 70% of the season left. And a ~20/~25 pace is pedestrian? This really looks to be a case of not understanding what one standard deviation looks like.

10 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

28th overall in 5 x 5

"kinda sucks this year..."

We doing this again?

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Posts this like are beyond dumb.

He's in a slump and still has 70% of the season left.. and he's still on pace for 96 runs, 23 homers, 99 RBI and 26 steals.. "kind of sucks" and "totally pedestrian" are just idiotic statements.

The peripherals actually look pretty good--better, in fact.

Walks up

Strikeouts down

Batted-ball profile slightly improved

Still swiping bags

Betts really is just missing a couple of HRs -- which will come -- and some BABIP

I'd be buying all day--not "buying low"--but just buying buying buying

There's just the small little problem that I lack the resources to acquire Betts lol

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

Is there anybody really complaining about Betts 5 category production up to this point? 

30/8/30/8/.275 before the end of the 2nd month of the season ... um ... where do i sign up?

1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Is there anybody really complaining about Betts 5 category production up to this point? 

30/8/30/8/.275 before the end of the 2nd month of the season ... um ... where do i sign up?

He's been a mild disappointment due to the batting average. Barely OPSing over .800 right now which is certainly disappointing for a guy who finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year and was the #2 overall pick in a lot of drafts. I'm not concerned, just talking about his performance to date. He went up against some tomato cans this weekend and did nothing so he's definitely a bit out of sorts at the plate right now.