FlashGordon401

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

19 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I may be the only person here that started TY this week @ Jax, and still feel good about him this week @buf.  Let's look at some other point totals from team's WR1's vs Buffalo this year:

AJ Green - 29.4  

Mike Evans - 18.3 

Michael Thomas 19.2 

Keenan Allen 37.2 

Buffalo doesn't scare me.  I'm considering starting T Y 

On teams where we are starting 3 WRs and 2 RBs and 2 Flex spots there are worse options than TY's potential blow up   im thinking about it 

if you have confidence in your QB and 75% of your roster i think the risk is close to worth it knowing he could go for 120+ and 2 TDs real quick if he and Brissett are having an on day together 

23 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Buffalo doesn't scare me.  I'm considering starting T Y 

Buffalo isn't a daunting defense but they have allowed a league low 10 passing TDs all season, tied with JAX.  Add in that Brissett simply doesn't throw many TDs to begin with and the odds of Hilton pulling down a TD are not good. So you're relying on a big yardage game and that's not great odds either. Hilton isn't a must-sit but the risk vs reward favors the former.

28 minutes ago, chump0 said:

Anybody crazy enough to start this guy? 

My opponent is..but TY has historically killed me every time I play against a team that starts him so I'm actually worried he has a great game this week

1 hour ago, chump0 said:

Anybody crazy enough to start this guy? 

No and this is the last week where he is remotely startable so I'm dropping him Sunday morning, so he can't be played against me this week.

I can't imagine starting TY tomorrow. The conditions will not be good and his QB is fading hard. BUF D is a great start OTOH.

Check the weather conditions, pretty brutal.

I have TY ranked at WR24 this week. Start TY with on the cold Buffalo turf as a WR3 with upside.

TY on grass, 127 yards, 1 touchdown.

TY on turf, 664 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Ugh....With Shepard on the fence, I am forced to see what happens with him or play TY or M Bryant

Regarding TY......nice grass/turf stats. Just not sure if I can do it though. 

--cold snowy weather

--Buffs D doesn't allow too many TD passes----worse against the run than pass; they bottled up Tyreek Hill when they played the Chiefs

--game script/weather just feels like a low scoring, defensive affair , and as far as the Colts go, a lot of passes to Doyle and the RB's and a lot of rushes with Gore/Mack. It should help Indy that Peterman is expected to start for Buffalo and maybe they get a few more red zone chances due to it...

Edited by ukdesi

Weird things happen in these blizzard games....i.e. long runs, DB's falling down, etc.

Not a slam dunk by any means, but dont be suprised to see him break a big one in slop

One of my fave WRs in real life but i have to drop.   The Indy QB situation killed me all season.   I believe his 2-3 big games he had he was on my bench.

I'm sure he will go off this Thursday night though.

The guy that had him in my league started him against me and is out now. Thankfully we can put this guy's frustrating season to rest now. Poor guy is a 2nd round talent stuck in a bad qb situation this season. He'll be back next year, but it was sad to see this guy be healthy yet so irrelevant this season.  

On 12/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, TheHebrewOilers said:

Any concern of the weather in Buffalo?  Windy, below freezing, possibly snow.  

I wouldn't worry about it, probably just a few flurries... nothing of concern.

Good guy to have in your lineups this week imo.  The fact he got 12 targets last week means more to me then the 5/175/2 he put up on the Texans in there last meeting this year.  First time this season he broke 10 targets.

8 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

Good guy to have in your lineups this week imo.  The fact he got 12 targets last week means more to me then the 5/175/2 he put up on the Texans in there last meeting this year.  First time this season he broke 10 targets.

Co-signed. TY has the Texans' number. He needs a bit over 40 to crack 1000 - I'm holding out for 1100.

Edited by SuperJoint