Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

21 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Let's split the difference and predict he'll be back during the Red Sox series in California the weekend of 21-23 July.

As a huge BoSox fan, I'm crossing my fingers we'll have the opportunity to be lit up by Trout. Baseball needs him.

ESPN has an article now "What to do if you own Mike Trout".  Uh...  fall on the ground like Nancy Kerrigan and pound on the floor screaming "Why"?   

My roster news on the ESPN fantasy app just had an update saying Trout thinks he may be back prior to the All Star break. I can't copy and paste from it, but should be easy to find as I believe the update was from rotowire.

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says -- it's going to be up to the team, and they have no reason to rush him back.  Would love to get him back, but would prefer he fully heal than take a risk of re-injury.

Halos are 2 back in the Wild Card race.  They have every reason to want Trout back as early as possible.  

New Player Note Sat, Jun 17

Mike Trout (thumb) will travel with the Angels' on their upcoming road trip to New York and Boston.

Advice: That road trip will begin on Tuesday. Trout is expected to resume swinging next week and could begin hitting off a tee. The reigning AL MVP is still holding out hope of playing in next month's All-Star Game. Trout was hitting .337 with 16 homers and 10 steals before he opted for surgery to repair a torn UCL in his left thumb.

More: Pedro Moura on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

On 6/13/2017 at 11:11 PM, PhD Gator said:

My roster news on the ESPN fantasy app just had an update saying Trout thinks he may be back prior to the All Star break. I can't copy and paste from it, but should be easy to find as I believe the update was from rotowire.

Just had that on MLB.TV

He said during the game last night (video link) that he's going to listen to his doctors and doesn't want to come back too soon.  My guess is he might play a token AB during the ASG for the fans, but I don't see him rushing back for everyday action until he's 100%.

He also said he's not going to stop sliding head first -- something like "that's how I play the game" -- but he is going to start wear baserunning gloves.  So that's encouraging for maintaining his SB numbers.

10 hours ago, Danskeren said:

I assume we're all starting him with the usual confidence tonight?

I'll remember this the next time I hear somebody say, "there's no such thing as a dumb question." ?

Nice to see him swipe a bag in his first game back -- no worries about that thumb, I guess.

14 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Nice to see him swipe a bag in his first game back -- no worries about that thumb, I guess.

he said he was not going to stop sliding head first lol

6 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Got the glove I think

good, don't want him hurting has hand, hope he goes 20/20 rest of season lol

7 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Got the glove I think

Thankfully. But it looked like the glove almost got him heh. I only saw the slide once but it looked like the glove caught the ground in a different way and didn't slide over it like he expected, and it looked like it could have doubled his wrist up underneath him. Needs a little practice with it it looked like. I only saw it at full speed so i don't know.

jeez the dive back into first wasn't too slick either. out of practice i guess

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878992/v1607693583/tblaa-trout-discusses-return-to-the-halos-lineup/?cid=ana

Edited by Stubudd

Went yard.  Helps put concerns about the thumb injury sapping his power to rest, to a degree. 

Mike Trout is currently the 19th best hitter in my roto league for the season. (.OBP instead of .AVG) 

He missed a little over 6 weeks. It's possible he could overtake Mookie Betts who is currently the 17th best hitter in my league. 

Could Mookie Betts overtake Trout after missing 6 weeks? 

This is why Trout is a no brainer 1st pick. I can't even imagine what his stats would be like in a hitter friend ballpark like Boston or NY. Just boggles the mind.  

Just curious. If Trout goes on a hot streak and finishes with 30 HRs+ and 20 SBs+ and the Angels make the playoffs, can Mike Trout make a case for AL MVP? 

Sure, if Judge gets hurt and misses the last 6 weeks

10 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

Just curious. If Trout goes on a hot streak and finishes with 30 HRs+ and 20 SBs+ and the Angels make the playoffs, can Mike Trout make a case for AL MVP? 

Only if he changes his last name to Judge.

1 hour ago, Topgun said:

Only if he changes his last name to Judge.

alot closer than you think

and altuve>judge but we will save that for the mvp thread