Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

5 hours ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

The Angels only scored 2 runs and both were driven in by Trout.

Looks to be a mediocre season for the Angels and that'll affect Trout.

really? after ONE game...

On 2/20/2017 at 9:23 PM, Chaco Chicken said:

The question is for me is how much is he worth at auction? How much is the possibility of 40/40 worth in a 12 team mixed redraft roto league?

He was kept for $80 in my 13 team mixed...5x5.  We have a $300 budget so in a $260 league he would be $69-70

2 hours ago, linedrivemachine said:

really? after ONE game...

One game too early to say much, but really, any of us who own Trout really wish he was on a better team. If he can do what he did last year on a bad team, imagine him on a good team. 

12 hours ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

Yeah, the only reason he was so good last year is because the Angels won the World Series ;)

Hard to imagine the Angels offense being worse this year. Expect more of the same from Trout. Of course he would be better off in Colorado hitting between Bryce Harper and Miguel Cabrera. 

7 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Hard to imagine the Angels offense being worse this year. Expect more of the same from Trout. Of course he would be better off in Colorado hitting between Bryce Harper and Miguel Cabrera. 

Man... It would be amazing if the Rockies grabbed Trout and Harper... I just got real sweaty. 

15 hours ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

I mean, the Angels have been mediocre pretty much his whole time there anyway.  Hasn't really affect him before, don't see why it will now.

Big fly for Mike Trout. It's kind of sad how bad of a team is around him. He would have even more crazier numbers on other teams. 

In a keeper league where my best pitcher was Cole Hamels (!) and my offense was completely stacked (featuring Betts, Braun, Lindor, Correa and a few other great players), I made the extremely tough decision to deal Trout away for Sale and Joey Votto. Trout will finish top 5 this year guaranteed barring injury, but is anyone else scared that his RBI / Runs scored upside could be capped by how utterly mediocre the team around him is? He literally has nobody else, so getting to say, 100 RBI for example, will probably be tough for him, just due to how horrific that Angels team is. Imagine if he had the lineup around him that Betts or Braun have...

Edited by Stallion

18 hours ago, Stallion said:

In a keeper league where my best pitcher was Cole Hamels (!) and my offense was completely stacked (featuring Betts, Braun, Lindor, Correa and a few other great players), I made the extremely tough decision to deal Trout away for Sale and Joey Votto. Trout will finish top 5 this year guaranteed barring injury, but is anyone else scared that his RBI / Runs scored upside could be capped by how utterly mediocre the team around him is? He literally has nobody else, so getting to say, 100 RBI for example, will probably be tough for him, just due to how horrific that Angels team is. Imagine if he had the lineup around him that Betts or Braun have...

Friendly reminder that they said this about Trout last year too. He went 123/100.

The lineup does stink, but he puts himself in situations to maximize run scoring with his timely base stealing, and Calhoun and Escobar are both decent enough in OBP to give him RBI opportunities.  No way I sell that low on Trout based on the theoretical possibility that his R/RBI go down from where they've been with the same lineup.

18 hours ago, Stallion said:

I worry.

But right now, in the MLB:

T-4th in R
T-2nd in HR
T-11th in RBI
T-4th in SB
1st in OPS

You guys are over thinking this. Let Trout do his thing he does every year. He should be, literally, the least of your worries.

7 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

The lineup does stink, but he puts himself in situations to maximize run scoring with his timely base stealing, and Calhoun and Escobar are both decent enough in OBP to give him RBI opportunities.  No way I sell that low on Trout based on the theoretical possibility that his R/RBI go down from where they've been with the same lineup.

I don't think getting Sale + Votto for him in a league where I had the batting lineup I listed above (including Betts, Braun, Lindor, Correa and Arenado) was selling low, but I digress. For what it's worth, I would still treat Trout as a top 3 player ROS...it was more a minor frustration that a guy who is far and away the best player in baseball just happens to be part of one of the worst lineups in the majors. He should be putting up top 5 RBI numbers with his power, and historical runs scored numbers with his OBP numbers. I guess when you're used to greatness, you get greedy and want it all ha.

Edited by Stallion

Hamstring tightness can be anywhere from "sit for a game and be fine" to "welcome to the DL".  We just have to wait and see.

So the fact that this thread hasn't been bumped since Thursday means I'm the only one freaking out. Late scratch and missing a second day might mean he had a set back? Strains can hurt become worse with use. Hope nothing happened in warm ups...

2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

So the fact that this thread hasn't been bumped since Thursday means I'm the only one freaking out. Late scratch and missing a second day might mean he had a set back? Strains can hurt become worse with use. Hope nothing happened in warm ups...

yea I'm hoping its just tightness and not an actual hamstring strain..hope they give him a couple days off and he's good to go..

If this is a strain could be disaster unless he rests for 3-4 weeks. Anyone on these boards who is athletic and has had this issue can attest.....

5 hours ago, rotoguy74 said:

If this is a strain could be disaster unless he rests for 3-4 weeks. Anyone on these boards who is athletic and has had this issue can attest.....

He'll be back today or tomorrow but I agree with you hamstring strains are tricky in speedy athletes. Just a quick review in kinesiology for some of you one of the reasons so many speed guys strain hamstrings is because the strength ratio of their quad/hamstring is so high. In short distance track athletes the ratio can be as high 4:1 or 5:1. So in a guy like Trout (or even others like Trea Turner) if they do come back they have to be cautious. So I expect him to calm down a bit on the basepaths at first since he won't be given the time to fully heal the tear.