Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

He had a hamstring deal in August of 2013, sat three games, and came back to continue dominating. The guy knows his body. Not concerned at all. 

1 hour ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

10 day DL stint incoming

eea.gif

6 minutes ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

What are the chances they'll shut Trout down for the season with the season the Angels are having?

Except for the possibility of injury why would they? Baseball isn't like other sports where the number one pick will turn a franchise around.  Even Trout and Betts weren't the number one pick in their respective draft years. Betts was the 72nd pick and Trout lasted till around pick 26.

Mike Trout (hamstring) said he will take batting practice Tuesday and try to run on Wednesday.

It doesn't sound like a disabled stint is imminent, but Trout is doubtful to play before Thursday. He's missing his fourth straight game Tuesday with left hamstring discomfort.

don't expect him back until Friday at the earliest =(

59 minutes ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

What are the chances they'll shut Trout down for the season with the season the Angels are having?

I don;t understand. 2nd in the west, 1 game back of the 2nd WC?

I can't be the only one who was worried that the hammy injury was going to impact Trout's play after seeing him with a couple 0-fers until tonight's late-inning 2-run no-doubt bomb.

Welcome back, Mike.

Edited by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

I can't be the only one who was worried that the hammy injury was going to impact Trout's play after seeing him with a couple 0-fers until tonight's late-inning 2-run no-doubt bomb.

Welcome back, Mike.

And to make you feel a little better he very easily could've had 2 more hits. Hit one solid to deep right center in his first AB and the outfielder made a great play and then with men on Iglesias made a great leaping catch in his 4th AB which saved a run.

Y'all can't be serious being worried at some point about Mike f***ing Trout we're talking about here. 

Edited by ZChronicNebula

On 5/8/2017 at 2:14 PM, Fenamo said:

He had a hamstring deal in August of 2013, sat three games, and came back to continue dominating. The guy knows his body. Not concerned at all. 

Seems people still continue to underestimate this man. He's turning 26 in August and already a hall of fame lock... and this is his best start of his career by the way. 

Edited by ZChronicNebula

8 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Y'all can't be serious being worried at some point about Mike f***ing Trout we're talking about here. 

He's still a human being, despite all evidence to the contrary. The question wasn't about talent, it was whether he's banged up. Even the best players aren't immune to injury. 

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

He's still a human being, despite all evidence to the contrary. The question wasn't about talent, it was whether he's banged up. Even the best players aren't immune to injury. 

Sure, but there is a post asking if Trout might be held out all year given how bad the Angels are.  Some of it went beyond just wondering when he'll be back and how long it'll take to get fully back in the swing of things.

Yeah, that's a bit over the top.  If he's close to healthy, they'd have to lock him in a jail cell to keep him from playing.

21 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Are you SURE he's human?

14 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Are you SURE he's human?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/195928246/mike-trout-consistent-greatness-bryce-harper

From 2016, but your post made me chuckle and remember that article.

Ok, so he was on pace for like 40/30 or something like that. Now it's just 42/21. Dude misses a week and he's still on pace for a 40/20 season... I think that he might wind up challenging for a 40/40 year if the Angels are close. SB are more of a "I'm going" thing as opposed to a "Should I go?", and if moving up helps his team win, I can see him doing it.

Anyway, my final projection for this year is: .310 with 41HR/105RBI/110R/35SB

1 hour ago, soxfan94 said:

He didn't even played half the week and still provided 3 home runs. This dude is amazing to own.

+ 2 steals :wub: