Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

Mike Trout has a higher career WAR than Manny Machado and Bryce Harper...

combined.

1 hour ago, Fenamo said:

Mike Trout has a higher career WAR than Manny Machado and Bryce Harper...

combined.

trout gp 851

harper +machado gp just shy of 1350

Trout was so stupid to take a deal that bought out any of his FA years. He would have been one of the biggest 26 year old free agents in the history of the game after this season. And with that track record a half a billion would have been the starting point for discussions. He could have also gone to a team to maximize his marketability and world series contention.

9 hours ago, 80version said:

What's silly to me, is this doesn't feel like a Trout "hot streak" as much as the expectation.  

.333 avg/1.488 ops, 6 HR, 9 R, 13 RBI, 4 SB over last 15 days.  

I would jizz in my pants if another player I had rostered was doing this.  Trout, it's pretty much expected.  Dude is on a level by himself and Harper should not be considered a valid comparison until he's been MVP calibre for a few years straight. 

Is this even debatable anymore? ^_^

The dude is just fun to watch and own on fantasy. Hardly gets injured too.

A good chance that Harper becomes the outright number 2 though, just like how Trout is the untouchable number 1.

This has felt a little superman even as far as trout hot streaks go. I've seen it change teams entire fortunes who own him.

Pujols swinging as Trout gets a huge jump on what would have been an easy SB. That's at least 4 SB that Pujols has cost Trout this year. He's on the HR pace for 40+ but hard to keep that SB pace with Pujols robbing him of some

Without Trout this is literally a 40 win team.  Sad we won't see him be in any actual meaningful situations unless he gets traded or is past his prime.  This team is atrocious top to bottom.

Edited by Cmilne23

9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Without Trout this is literally a 40 win team.  Sad we won't see him be in any actual meaningful situations unless he gets traded or is past his prime.  This team is atrocious top to bottom.

What team would have the minor league system to trade for him without gutting the farm system for years to come? On the 25 man active roster again what would the Angels want? Say the Yankees would they give Sanchez, Judge, and Torres which if I am the Angels I'd want but it still might be selling low. 

If not wanting to play for the Angels he didn't need to sign the huge extension. But hard to turn down that much money.

Edited by Low and Away

26 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

What team would have the minor league system to trade for him without gutting the farm system for years to come? On the 25 man active roster again what would the Angels want? Say the Yankees would they give Sanchez, Judge, and Torres which if I am the Angels I'd want but it still might be selling low. 

If not wanting to play for the Angels he didn't need to sign the huge extension. But hard to turn down that much money.

None.  Nobody can give up what he's worth.  He's stuck on Angels.  Just sad.  I hate to compare it to Felix Hernandez being on awful Mariner teams in his prime because this guy has 1000000x the competitive fire of a Felix.  But sometimes when a guy is only show in town for attendance in a nice sized market (LA an elite market) his worth often out weighs what any team can trade for him.

8 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

None.  Nobody can give up what he's worth.  He's stuck on Angels.  Just sad.  I hate to compare it to Felix Hernandez being on awful Mariner teams in his prime because this guy has 1000000x the competitive fire of a Felix.  But sometimes when a guy is only show in town for attendance in a nice sized market (LA an elite market) his worth often out weighs what any team can trade for him.

I am not going by market, whether elite, good, or just so-so, but talent the Angels would need in return. I can't imagine what would be enough. And if a team did give up that much to get him is that team going to be much better then what the Angels are now? 

4 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I am not going by market, whether elite, good, or just so-so, but talent the Angels would need in return. I can't imagine what would be enough. And if a team did give up that much to get him is that team going to be much better then what the Angels are now? 

How many players of his caliber were dealt in their prime?  Griffey?  Mariners were better off in 2001 but that was a fluke year.  And he held them hostage DL return wasn't.  You don't often see top 3 players in trades.  Unless my memory serves me incorrect.

Trade Mike Trout to a contender and force a prospect package + taking on Pujols and his $135+M.

That should be enough to get a deal done and allow the Angels to rebuild/restart. The Cubs seem like they would be a good fit.

Maybe a package of Eloy Jiminez, Javier Baez, Ian Happ, and Albert Almora for Pujols + Trout 

Edited by EmbargoLifted

1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Trade Mike Trout to a contender and force a prospect package + taking on Pujols and his $135+M.

That should be enough to get a deal done and allow the Angels to rebuild/restart. The Cubs seem like they would be a good fit.

Maybe a package of Eloy Jiminez, Javier Baez, Ian Happ, and Albert Almora for Pujols + Trout 

Theo would never make that trade

26 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Theo would never make that trade

Can you imagine the Cubs with Mike Trout for the next 3 years without losing any of their established stars? 

Ben Zobrist

Mike Trout

Anthony Rizzo

Kris Bryant

Kyle Schwarber

Wilson Contreras

Jason Heyward

Addison Russell

the idea of tying Pujols to Trout would be enticing to the Angels

however, there are very few teams it makes sense

Yankees are the only team that seems like it would fit (Pujols can play 1B)

but it would be something like

Judge, Torres, Bird and like 4 other players close, I doubt the Yanks trade Judge and Sanchez together or at all

if the Padres had their guys closer something like Renfroe, Urias, Espinosa, Quantrill, Ona, Tatis

Edited by Golden Spikes

IF trout is to be traded (he's not), it's gonna involve a young star big leaguer going the other way. Angels are not gonna just take a bunch of prospects.

what makes you think the angels want to get out of the pujols money? specially enough to give up trout lol.

nvr happening

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I don't know that much about it, but seems I remember he signed the deal because it made him a near 150 millionaire at 21 or 22, several years before anyone else has ever gotten a deal like that. But if Stanton is worth 300+ to anyone ever, what in the world will trout be worth? Mvp or runner up every year of his 5 year career so far? It is gonna be the first half billion plus sports contract I guess. I wonder who will get him.

You don't give away 3 years of FA eligibility while being by far the best player in the league.

The fair market value for a 'win' is somewhere in the ~$7.5M range.  Trout as a 9 or 10 win player at the age of 26 would have easily commanded annual salary's north of $50M a year. 

It would have taken organizations 10/$500M just to get into the conversation. 

He'll be way more risky of an investment 3 years from now after the 2020 season so any chance for a monster record breaking deal is likely gone. Just a stupid extension and failure on part of his agent/representation to accept that Angels deal/extension.

Edited by EmbargoLifted