Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, lipitorkid said:

I agree completely. The only way Mike Trout leaves the Angels is if Mike Trout WANTS to leave the Angels via free agency or becoming a pain in the a** to management. One of those is more likely than the other. 

yea it just shows what the wide range of outcomes can be.... howie and adenhart.... maybin and miller or kershaw and or kemp

you better trust your scouting and player development ha

if your trading trout a 26 year old MVP you better be getting a 23 and younger stud allstar all ready plus multiple other pieces

He stayed in initially apparently, played a half inning in the field and then left

His left thumb bent all the way back while sliding into 2nd. He needs to wear a sliding glove. Hope it's just a one or two day ice and rest. 

Really hope. Listening to the game now, if I hear anything from the Angel's announcing crew I'll post it. 

I don't own Trout either but I'm going to be borderline depressed if an injury is going to deprive baseball fans of Trout for an extended period of time.

Why can't we have nice things anymore?

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

According to the Angel's announcers: 

Initial medical evaluation is a left thumb sprain, no fracture. 

Not out of the woods yet though. I'd expect him to have an MRI done tomorrow and have a better idea of the injury. Gotta hope it's not the dreaded torn ucl in the thumb injury. That would knock him out for a month

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I would think that's good news?

unless I'm mistaken fracturing the thumb would have been season ending. Spraining it still will land him on the DL for 2-8 weeks (depending on the severity)

So yeah it's good news that it wasn't fractured. I could be totally wrong

A fractured thumb would not have been season-ending. Timetable for that would have likely been 6 weeks

30 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

That poor thumb. Should have had one of those new sliding hand blades on.

It has always blown my mind that he doesn't wear one. Why in the world not. It's not even a new thing, i'm pretty sure they've around quite a while. Rajai i think has worn one for years. 

16 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I would think that's good news?

Seems like it to me for sure. 

35 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I don't own Trout either but I'm going to be borderline depressed if an injury is going to deprive baseball fans of Trout for an extended period of time.

Why can't we have nice things anymore?

Same here, i don't even own him this year but just root for greatness. I hope this doesn't damper his willingness to steal. Just wear the glove, i remember saying it back in 2014 when i did own him, that it's incredible they'd let him risk injury in any way that could be so easily avoided.

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

It's hyperbole to me because he has no shot of ever surpassing Ruth, who's clearly the best player ever, IMO. After that I think Cobb/Mays/Bonds/Williams/Gehrig will all be exceedingly difficult (if not impossible) for him pass for him too. So yeah, he'll be in the top-10/15 ever if he can stay healthy and keep up this level of production but the "best ever" talk is a bit overboard. Just my opinion. 

Who said best ever? 

Me hearing Trout has an injury 

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Right when Paxton, Kluber, Beltre and Haniger are on the verge of coming back and I'm about ready to change my team name back from "10-Day DL", this s--- happens.  

AAAARRGH!  

This is the moment when we find out if he's really human or not.  Hoping for Wolverine-like crazy fast regenerative mutant abilities. 

Any updates? Those of us in weekly leagues have a tough decision to make. What are other weekly leaguers doing with him this week?

17 hours ago, Blood Brother said:

Not out of the woods yet though. I'd expect him to have an MRI done tomorrow and have a better idea of the injury. Gotta hope it's not the dreaded torn ucl in the thumb injury. That would knock him out for a month

This is correct. The mechanism of injury is pretty classic for a torn UCL. It could just be a sprain but Trout's reaction isn't a great sign.

31 minutes ago, PhD Gator said:

Any updates? Those of us in weekly leagues have a tough decision to make. What are other weekly leaguers doing with him this week?

It's 7 in the morning on the west coast...

49 minutes ago, PhD Gator said:

He's getting an MRI today. Considering there are 1:00 pm East Coast games (10 am WC), it is an almost certainly that you will have no new information before games start. 

I'm not an owner, but I can't imagine a way that he plays soon. I'd say best case might be back for the weekend, and I get 2-3 games of Trout > 7 games of some others, but that's best case IMO. Good luck.