Fuzzy_Slippers

Mike Trout 2017 Outlook

in my six re-draft leagues .... I didn't get a chance to draft Mike Trout

hallelujah

this is a big hurt

12 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

If he opts for surgery, that's possible a September return then, right?

He'd be back much earlier than that. Andrelton Simmons had the same injury last year and needed the surgery and only missed 30 days

Just now, Blood Brother said:

He'd be back much earlier than that. Andrelton Simmons had the same injury last year and needed the surgery and only missed 30 days

Everyone's recovery is different though.

While we're all pouring some out for our fallen homies, please save some love for those of us who own both Trout and Pujols (and/or Calhoun and/or Maybin, for that matter.)  Those guys' numbers are going to taaaaank.

And I was just getting ready to move some of my surplus OF depth behind Trout in my 10-team dynasty league (Cruz, Khrush, Conforto, Ozuna, Bellinger, Broxton, Altherr, Maybin) to get some starting pitching.  Now I need the studs to be even more studly, and the depth guys to be more than depth guys.

Baseball, man.

Edited by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Everyone's recovery is different though.

I get that but it would be some crazy kind of setback if this injury keeps Trout out until September.

46 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It's like the movie Final Destination.

I guess Judge is next.

Don't you say that.  Don't you ever say that.

Mike Trout has elected to undergo surgery to repair a ulnar collateral ligament tear in his left thumb and will be sidelined for 6-8 weeks.

I was going to say I would stream anyone with a pulse vs angels now.  Then I saw Bartolo starts tomorrow.  I think he's one of 3 guys I wouldn't stream vs them.  Good luck Trout owners, brutal loss.  Just have to get to AS Break and then you got best player in baseball coming back.

18 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I was going to say I would stream anyone with a pulse vs angels now.  Then I saw Bartolo starts tomorrow.  I think he's one of 3 guys I wouldn't stream vs them.  Good luck Trout owners, brutal loss.  Just have to get to AS Break and then you got best player in baseball coming back.

all star break? 

try August

He'll beat the time line for recovery...Dude is a beast! Good luck!

3 hours ago, RotoGenius said:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Now you know how some of the rest of us feel when our top players go down.  In my leagues so far I've lost to long term injuries at various times this season MadBum, Freeman, Donaldson, my alphabet guys (AJ and JD), Gary Sanchez, Kluber, Beltre etc among my top guys as well as tons of other good players like Adam Eaton and Mitch Haniger and James Paxton and (as always) Steven Matz (hey I inherited the team with him on it) and James Tailion and Jason Kipnis etc etc.  It isn't any less fair for you then it is for us.  Fair has nothing to do with baseball injuries.

Trout has been remarkably injury free over the years so just suck it up for the short term and be grateful he has been so healthy for so long for all of you.  And he will be back after All Star break it sounds like.  Back before Freddie Freeman for sure.

And how many years has Harper ended up injured?  He is the one compared to Trout the most and he is like the walking wounded most years it seems.  Everyone goes through this stuff.  Except Trout owners it seemed ... until now.  Just his turn to go through an injury finally is all.

If you built a team well then you have built a strong enough bench who can fill in for a top player or three or four who can hold the fort enough to get you through your turn with the injuries.  Every team has them so that part tends to even out.  It is the teams built to sustain themselves just enough to keep their heads above water during these injuries that win championships.

So good luck to all you Trout owners in finding a way to win without him for that 6 to 8 week period.  And be grateful it isn't a season ending injury.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

The good teams will be able to survive without Trout, but for a lot of teams, RIP to your fantasy season. It's hard to lose a guy like this and stay afloat. 

From a real life standpoint, he was having the best start to a season in his career and now that is over. This whole thing just totally sucks.

Funny though how you guys were debating whether or not the Angels should trade Trout a few days ago. This will give them a taste of life without the best player in the world, and it will show them that there is NO WAY they can trade Trout until the final year of his deal before he walks for nothing. I'm expecting these next two months to be about as brutal as it gets for my Angels. Really a shame. Get well soon, Mike. 

Every pitcher will be a streamer against the Angels now. Basically AL SD. 

Sucks for Trout he was having his best season yet, as the best player in MLB for the past 5 years. 

Edited by fingy

I was just thinking the other day, with the crazy injury list this year, how does Trout always stay healthy year after year? Was it mainly skill to remain injury-free, luck or both?

Well the inevitable's now happened, Mike Trout isn't really superhuman after all. Sucks, because I was truly thought he was.

12 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

While we're all pouring some out for our fallen homies, please save some love for those of us who own both Trout and Pujols (and/or Calhoun and/or Maybin, for that matter.)  Those guys' numbers are going to taaaaank.

Not sure it's possible for Calhoun to tank more than he has all season - Trout or no Trout he's been brutal.  :(

For those looking to the waiver wire for a fill-in OF here are two names you should be looking for. 

Adam Frazier

Domingo Santana

Might be a little late for both but at least on ESPN they're both owned in less than 50%

I gotta say first ever post on this forum is truly the saddest. Losing Trout, Freeman, Story for a bit, Polanco as a revolving door, Haniger, Dahl has truly made me not want to try anymore for the rest of the year. This is absolutely absurd.

20 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

all star break? 

try August

I mean the All Star break ends on July 14th.  It's not like there's a hug edifference between "All Star break" and "August".  That's 6 weeks and two days from today.  August is 8 weeks and 5 days from today.  Let's split the difference and predict he'll be back during the Red Sox series in California the weekend of 21-23 July.

Us folks in weekly leagues have to get through 6 matchups (because the ASG is going to make two weeks into one matchup for most of us) from now til then.  

On 5/29/2017 at 5:35 PM, tonycpsu said:

I anticipated Pujols being pitched around or not given any RBI opportunities with Trout out, so I've benched him in favor of Beltre/Zimmerman/Gallo the last two days.  Al went yard both games... go figure? 

Get well soon Mike.