boltup15

Devontae Booker 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Rotero said:

Exactly. So this is a guy who is the #2 back on team that is going to run frequently. And the last post on him was over a month ago. No one is talking about Booker even though his injury is short term, he's behind a back who has struggled in the past, on a run first team.

Just wondering why he's being so brazenly overlooked!

Why indeed....

sneaky pickup 

Is this guy worth keeping in dynasty? I have to cut one person and I think he's at the top of my list.  He has to fight for touches with CJA, Charles, Henderson, and they also have Williams on the practice squad.  

10 hours ago, jcedwards said:

Is this guy worth keeping in dynasty? I have to cut one person and I think he's at the top of my list.  He has to fight for touches with CJA, Charles, Henderson, and they also have Williams on the practice squad.  

As a Broncos fan I must say that I believe JC is the handcuff to CJ. Charles looks like he has something left and I could see the coaching staff trusting him in every situation. 

Only out of the backfield. The entire offense sucks, if you’re starting Booker at any point you’re gonna have a bad time

Surprised this thread is quiet. This O-Line is still good at run blocking. And Booker forced his way on the field and was highly productive, regardless of what time he was playing.

C.J. just had his worse game of the year and is trending downward. Charles isn't a threat. Increase in Booker touches week over week.

Seems like a good pickup to me.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

Probably cause every single other Denver Broncos RB had a brutal game as well,  so it's not like Booker established himself by doing something special 

during the game i think they were saying the staff thought he might be the starter coming into the season but he got hurt 

3 hours ago, nk3323 said:

Is he worth a speculative add/ hold?

If youre a cj owner, yes

2 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

during the game i think they were saying the staff thought he might be the starter coming into the season but he got hurt 

I read that myself. They expected him to compete for the starting job. Who knows, maybe he can earn it back. We know CJ Anderson isn't exactly some otherworldly talent. 

6 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

non CJ owner as a lotto ticket?

He doesn’t have the talent to qualify as a lotto ticket

Straight up league winning beast last year when CJ went out, stash in all 20 player leagues

5 hours ago, Novaray said:

Straight up league winning beast last year when CJ went out, stash in all 20 player leagues

Maybe you should recheck his send half stats from 2016.  I picked him up last year and thought the same thing when CJ when down.  Then he sucked and got benched.  Two yards and a cloud of dust.  Wasn't ready to be "the man".

1 minute ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Maybe you should recheck his send half stats from 2016.  I picked him up last year and thought the same thing when CJ when down.  Then he sucked and got benched.  Two yards and a cloud of dust.  Wasn't ready to be "the man".

Ahem, "stash in all 20 player leagues"

I’m taking a flier on him for a few reasons. His bad rookie yr could be because he doesn’t have the vision to excel in a zone blocking scheme that they were running last year. They changed it this year under mike mccoy.

He was playing well in training camp, enough that he was supposed to be sharing 1st team reps with cj.

Mike McCoy receiving backs have done pretty well and booker is the Denver receiving back. 

We’ll see how it goes but I think he is worth rostering because of his decent floor being the receiving back and has upside if cj were to go down which I believe he has never finished a fill season.

It was supposed to be shared 1st team reps which usually means a competition. Booker got injured tho so Anderson won it by default. He is keeping the job tho because he has done a decent job.

i read an article about McCoy, how he seems to be more pass happy and that he never uses a true workhorse back. His rbs have value tho because they get a high percent of team touches(60% I think) which usually means a decent amount of receiving since if he is pass happy but his rbs get a high percent of touches, that should equal decent amount of passes to rbs. Booker is the receiving back so should have a decent floor going forward.

Booker was better last year than some realize. He showed 3-down ability and can do everything pretty well. CJA isn't very good and has been on the brink of losing his job for 2.5 years now. Not saying it'll happen, but the potential for Booker to win a majority of the backfield touches is possible