EmbargoLifted

J.D. Martinez 2017 Outlook

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

So he's become Joey Gallo in Arizona. Yikes! Lol. 

Except we know that this is just a small sample size and he's not going to be a .200 hitter for long based on his track record.

4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Except we know that this is just a small sample size and he's not going to be a .200 hitter for long based on his track record.

It was a joke. Hence the "lol" end. 

Anyone know if he has been hitting in the 5 hole since going to AZ....to me that's wasted talent - seems best opt would be Peralta, Pollock, Gold, JD (switch with Goldy) then Lamb ~ know protection behind him --- F

2 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Anyone know if he has been hitting in the 5 hole since going to AZ....to me that's wasted talent - seems best opt would be Peralta, Pollock, Gold, JD (switch with Goldy) then Lamb ~ know protection behind him --- F

yes, he has been hitting in the 5 hole since going to arizona

23 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Seems like a waste of both Goldy and JD to me.  No way Lamb should be in front of them.

2 hours ago, The Waker said:

Seems like a waste of both Goldy and JD to me.  No way Lamb should be in front of them.

Maybe they think Lamb needs protection than JDM needs protection? I dunno...just trying to think of a reason. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Maybe they think Lamb needs protection than JDM needs protection? I dunno...just trying to think of a reason. 

It's the dumb LRLR thing they like to start with.  Hopefully Lamb strikes out to end a game with the bases loaded soon and the coach will realize he needs Goldy getting more ABs than Lamb

Maybe it was to try to jumpstart Lamb since he was doing very little at the time they traded for JD?  That's the only explanation I can think of.

JD should be batting cleanup obviously, but I don't think that's the whole reason why he's been slightly disappointing in certain areas since going to Arizona.  You wouldn't know it based on his HR and RBI total with them (8 and 20), but just imagine what they would be if he was actually hitting good there.

Feeling sorry for those who are going against him in the fantasy playoffs.

9 minutes ago, det_tigers said:

Feeling sorry for those who are going against him in the fantasy playoffs.

I'm trying to convince myself it's ok since it's only Monday...

43 minutes ago, PanikAtTheDisco said:

Just. Dingers. Martinez is going to hit at least 2-4 more dongs this week, he's scorching hot right now, and when you fight with fire too long you're gonna get burned!

Edited by austinrbreeden

1 hour ago, PanikAtTheDisco said:

Am playing against JD also with a rebuild team that maybe gets 6 HR a week. Dude already has 9 hr. Down 1-9 and figure I got the one just out of pity. 

In the preseason JD Martinez was adamant about avoiding ground balls. I think it's safe to say he really was serious about that.

Edited by UberRebel

Glad I am avoiding Juris Dongerite tonight in ESPN playoff!  To think (as a Cards fan) that AZ just scooped him up for peanuts on their way to a probable LCS matchup...

Hey, if it makes anyone feel any better, I traded J.D. in my keeper league last week...

I mean, I'll be fine in the long run since I got Marcell Ozuna, but boy did that sting last night.