osb_tensor

Yasiel Puig 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, absknicks said:

So many problems with this post, don't know where to start. 

Translation - you have no good rebuttal but you don't like Puig. 

Can't be that many problems within 2-3 sentences that you can't sort it out. 

1 minute ago, handyandy86 said:

Translation - you have no good rebuttal but you don't like Puig. 

Can't be that many problems within 2-3 sentences that you can't sort it out. 

The rebuttal is he hasn't been good for 2.5 years. You've taken two good weeks and somehow used that to contrast how people view him with Giancarlo Stanton, a player who's 3x the player Puig is. 

When he's batting .240 in mid-May and there's talk of him being demoted again I sincerely hope you're still posting here. 

Edited by absknicks

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

The rebuttal is he hasn't been good for 2.5 years. You've taken two good weeks and somehow used that to contrast how people view him with Giancarlo Stanton, a player who's 3x the player Puig is. 

When he's batting .240 in mid-May and there's talk of him being demoted again I sincerely hope you're still posting here. 

Stanton stinks though and is very overrated... drafted as a top40 guy, whereas Puig was basically a waiver grab

On 4/17/2017 at 6:37 PM, VitorSH said:

Stanton stinks though and is very overrated... drafted as a top40 guy, whereas Puig was basically a waiver grab

But he hits the most prolific HRs!

Now 2 for his last 20 and just grounded into a double play on a 3-0 pitch. Have a feeling this will be his last game hitting cleanup against lefties. 

He trying to hit more flyballs i guess... Still the same inconsistent puig. Probs with flyballs... U gotta hit them far or they are outs.

He cant hit lefties either. Maybe cuz hes pulling out front trying to drive balls and vulnerable to changeups?

Him and Polanco are killing me this week with their Ofers.

Smacked one tonight. I need him to start raking. He's got the talent but he is a perennial headache 

I don't have the numbers but he is laying off more bad pitches than in the past. His walk to strikeout ratio is almost 1-1. I think now is a good time to buy before he goes on a hot streak. 

This guy is stuck batting in front of the pitcher.....Not going to help this funk he's in 

I wouldn't be surprised if they option him again (assuming he still has options). Guy's down to .220 with a .287 OBP now. 

Edited by absknicks

Never bought the hype on this guy.  Does not know the stike zone and is a head case.  Stay away. Far away. Unless he gets traded to Colorado :)

Kind of confused. What did some of you think you were getting? I picked him up toward the end of my 25 round draft because I thought his talent was worth a flier in case he got his head screwed on right and put it all together, kind of a post-hype sleeper. I'm not sure that's happened but, at the same time, I'm pretty happy with my return on investment so far.

He's the 45th ranked OFer in my points league. He's on pace for 71 runs, 25 HR, 81 RBI, 19 SB out of the 8 spot in a NL batting lineup. I realize most of you play roto and the batting average is probably hurting you a lot but I think all things considered this is pretty dang good for what you probably paid. If you were expecting more than this than I don't think the blame in the equation falls to Yasiel.

This past week was brutal and this board is always going to be ground zero for recency bias but I'm still hanging on for now and want to see more.

8 hours ago, GrapeJuice said:

This past week was brutal and this board is always going to be ground zero for recency bias but I'm still hanging on for now and want to see more.

Patience and rationality rewarded today; 2/4, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, on what was supposed to be a scheduled day off.  

I'm staying on this ride for at least a couple more weeks to see if his contact and HH rate trend back up.  There is no value being offered in return right now, for a guy who's projecting somewhere near 20/20 with 80/75.  The ratios suck but counting stats, uh, count. 

51 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Is Puig locked into the RF spot for the Dodgers?

Pretty much.

It will be interesting to see if Taylor is passable in the outfield and continues to hit.  I would imagine they will then rotate Puig, Pederson, and Taylor.

And in another month or so, the shadow of Andre Ethier might play into the mix.

Every time I watch his at bats it seems like he is hitting a ground ball. I thought he worked on lifting the ball this year? 

So, Puig gets a "breather" tonight vs a LHP and has been hitting 8th most nights no matter the pitcher. I wish the Dodgers would just trade this guys.  The Mets could use a right handed bat and a guy that play decent center field 

45 minutes ago, beauso79 said:

So, Puig gets a "breather" tonight vs a LHP and has been hitting 8th most nights no matter the pitcher. I wish the Dodgers would just trade this guys.  The Mets could use a right handed bat and a guy that play decent center field 

Dropped awhile ago. Dodgers don't want him. Hope he gets traded. I'm a fan.

1 hour ago, beauso79 said:

22 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Dropped awhile ago. Dodgers don't want him. Hope he gets traded. I'm a fan.

Man, I can't English tonight!!!!.....Ha ha ha