Homerj24

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He's not coming out of this, not this year. Again; drop the socks dude, something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went from being one of if not the best hitter in the MLB in the first half to being one of if not the worst hitter in the league in the 2nd half. I am dumbfounded atp.  

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Went from being one of if not the best hitter in the MLB in the first half to being one of if not the worst hitter in the league in the 2nd half. I am dumbfounded atp.  

 

Just pair him with Encarnacion and you're set for the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mevins31 said:

He's not coming out of this, not this year. Again; drop the socks dude, something.

 

I agree that it'l probably take an offseason for him to right the ship. He's a mess right now. Changing his stance, changing his hand positioning... seemingly every AB. He really needs a week or two off but the Yankees don't have the luxury of giving him that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

 

Overdue... IDK why it took them so long to do this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting awfully close to fantasy playoffs... 

If this break doesn't get him right... is he a drop for a hot bat off the wire? At least for h2h 12 teamers or less?

So so so so so frustrating....

Edited by DavidbivaD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mortl said:

Overdue... IDK why it took them so long to do this 

agree, ive heard hes been nursing his shoulder too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2017 at 5:34 AM, jfazz23 said:

agree, ive heard hes been nursing his shoulder too

I first heard of it after the 2 game break was announced.  not sure why they didn't just say he was hurt at that time?  I guess it's not so bad because he is "absolutely" playing one of the 2 games tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

13 games without a homer.  bat this chump 9th

 

He's toast for this year. We'll see what adjustments/improvements he makes in the offseason. Will be difficult to figure out where to draft him next year for sure as it's hard to gauge what he really is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, absknicks said:

 

He's toast for this year. We'll see what adjustments/improvements he makes in the offseason. Will be difficult to figure out where to draft him next year for sure as it's hard to gauge what he really is. 

I imagine he'll go 2nd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching him during this funk has made me a very sad guy lol

That swing is all kinds of messed up. Reminds me of how awful Betances was when he was off mechanically and couldn't get the ball anywhere near the plate. Probably has a lot to do with how big these guys are. I don't see it coming together any time soon but I think he could go back to being an incredible hitter again when it does all click. 

Even with this atrocious second half he's had one of the greatest rookie years in history and I'm still pumped for his future. He's a better hitter than Dunn in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It happens. He had a .680 OPS month. It's not even that bad. Last year Joey Votto had a .640 OPS April.

 

There's some serious overreaction to both the highs and the lows here.

lol no.  Votto was a 10 year vet last year with a career BA of .313.  There were no worries about him because we knew it was only a matter of time until he snapped out of it.  This COULD BE the real Judge.  The 1st half could have just been an anomaly.  We'll have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

lol no.  Votto was a 10 year vet last year with a career BA of .313.  There were no worries about him because we knew it was only a matter of time until he snapped out of it.  This COULD BE the real Judge.  The 1st half could have just been an anomaly.  We'll have to wait and see.

Hey that's super cool.. did you happen to know that in his first full season (2008) Joey Votto had back to back months with an OPS of 701 and 689? Not saying Judge is Votto, but nobody knew that Joey Votto would turn into Joey Votto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joey Votto and Aaron Judge should never be compared ever

 

one guy is cerebral takes tons of walks....chokes up on the bat and takes what the pitcher gives him

 

the other acts like he's still in the home run derby with his ugly artistic bat every AB regardless of situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Joey Votto and Aaron Judge should never be compared ever

 

one guy is cerebral takes tons of walks....chokes up on the bat and takes what the pitcher gives him

 

the other acts like he's still in the home run derby with his ugly artistic bat every AB regardless of situation

There was a point originally made that seems to have bypassed multiple posters:

All batters, even super cerebral guys who take tons of walks and choke up to take whatever a pitcher gives them, have bad months. Nobody is comparing Judge to Votto specifically.. C'mon guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

Might not get to 40 homers. What a damn shame

More pathetic and embarrassing if anything.  And here I thought he had a chance for 50. 

Edited by summersoff7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...