Homerj24

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

The worst thing Judge has going for him probably is that he plays for the Yankees.

The media and fans built him up way too early -- and now that are tearing him down and in panic mode after a slump that, let's be honest, hasn't even really been that long.

where do you think his ADP will be next year?  about a month or so ago i had him nelson cruz/jd martinez level

even as a yanks fan, dont think i can touch him that early now though

edit: my apologies if this was already mentioned, does anyone think this can be attributed to the homerun derby???

Edited by jfazz23

46 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

where do you think his ADP will be next year?  about a month or so ago i had him nelson cruz/jd martinez level

even as a yanks fan, dont think i can touch him that early now though

edit: my apologies if this was already mentioned, does anyone think this can be attributed to the homerun derby???

This kid shouldn't even b in the same sentence of a Cruz or JD .... maybe Calhoun or Joc Peterson. This ain't a slump and it seems the Judges chamber is what it is #fluke

Doubt he becomes as bad as Joc who was sent to the minors and so far hasn't been recalled. I'd personally still take Judge in the 10th - 12th round but he won't be there next year.

Pederson/Calhoun are lottery picks that should go after ADP 200 again. JD stays in the top 50 depending on where he signs.

2 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Doubt he becomes as bad as Joc who was sent to the minors and so far hasn't been recalled. I'd personally still take Judge in the 10th - 12th round but he won't be there next year.

Pederson/Calhoun are lottery picks that should go after ADP 200 again. JD stays in the top 50 depending on where he signs.

ya im saying prior to the slump he was with those guys IMO....now i agree, i dont think ill be owning him next year at all

I joked after the HR derby, 5 HR ROS? um....but where do we stand post asb?

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I joked after the HR derby, 5 HR ROS? um....but where do we stand post asb?

do you think the HR derby is a possible cause?

but he just hit a homerun, maybe he has a decent september in him

Sam Holbrook should get an assist on #38.  Skimpy strike zone kept the inning alive and got Reed off his game.  My teams thank you, Sam!

Edited by tonycpsu
Oops, that was HR #38, not #37.

That one had to feel good. I bet if the rest of the team starts mashing, he'll start to come out of it. Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

do you think the HR derby is a possible cause?

but he just hit a homerun, maybe he has a decent september in him

He was slumping hard before the derby for about 2 weeks.  

Just now, chud12 said:

o ok, wasnt sure

14 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

he strikes out every at bat and hits one 475 foot homer a month star - ESPN

Actually, if he struck out every at bat, then he would hit zero homers a month.

maxresdefault.jpg

9 hours ago, chud12 said:

This is not even remotely true.

He had 7-game hitting streak going into the break during which he hit .370 (10 for 27) with 3 HR's.

2 minutes ago, TopChuckie said:

This is not even remotely true.

He had 7-game hitting streak going into the break during which he hit .370 (10 for 27) with 3 HR's.

You Sir are correct. I have no idea why I thought this as I just looked at his game logs.  So yea I was wrong, whoops. 

2 hours ago, motown magic said:

But is it a slump ? I said to cash in right after the break while you could get something good for him .

i never thought he was as good as the 1st half, but i dont think hes as bad as hes been in the last month and a half

i still believe hes a 30-40  homerun guy who hits 230-250

i still put him behind sanchez and bird though

Edited by jfazz23

6 hours ago, motown magic said:

But is it a slump ? I said to cash in right after the break while you could get something good for him .

Predicting a guy with a 425+ babip is going to regress is akin to predicting it will rain one day in the future..

If someone could provide an analysis based on judge's minor league track record plus his recent plate dicipline advances I would be very interested. 

Reached base 5 times today with 4 BBs. Pitchers just don't want anything to do with this guy. Taking his walks is a great sign. 

Holliday, back.   Huge help.   Slump started when Holliday got hurt

On 8/26/2017 at 6:54 PM, mevins31 said:

He's not coming out of this, not this year. Again; drop the socks dude, something.

U wrong.   Don't make stuff up for your pleasure.   He won't be as good as first 90 games, but last 30 will get you .400 OBP, .650 SLG and about 8-10 HR