Homerj24

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

And he has also scored at least 1 run in 11 straight games.

its odd for a man with 45 (46) homeruns to have more runs than rbis...is it not?

7 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

its odd for a man with 45 (46) homeruns to have more runs than rbis...is it not?

I was going 2 say he prob. struggles with runners in scoring position but Judge is hitting .255 so yea its real odd. 

9 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Not when he has 115 walks , more probable than not.   Look at Barry Bonds.......300 more runs than RBI in his career and he hit 762 HR

15 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

I think it's more of a testament to his on base abilities. Only rook to have 100 runs/rbis/walks with 45 bombs 

Yup, what Rich said ☝️

Edited by DannyMcPot

1 minute ago, rich22 said:

Not when he has 115 walks , more probable than not.   Look at Barry Bonds.......300 more runs than RBI in his career and he hit 762 HR

Plus he has been batting 2nd fairly often, more of a run scoring than RBI spot in the order.

Having a great finish to the year. Nice to see him bounce back. 2nd round pick lock maybe late first. 

18 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Having a great finish to the year. Nice to see him bounce back. 2nd round pick lock maybe late first. 

no way am i taking him in the first, prob not the 2nd either.....im thinking 4th tbh. prob wont own him next year :(

edit: 400th post!!!!

Edited by jfazz23

This is just off the cuff but I think he's a 2nd rounder next year (maybe even a late 1st, depending on league size). 25-year-old with the most raw power in the game who's coming off a 48-50 HR season? No way he slips to the 3rd or 4th. 

56 minutes ago, absknicks said:

This is just off the cuff but I think he's a 2nd rounder next year (maybe even a late 1st, depending on league size). 25-year-old with the most raw power in the game who's coming off a 48-50 HR season? No way he slips to the 3rd or 4th. 

you could be right, i just wont be taking him in the 2nd.  id much rather take gary sanchez in the 2nd if im going with a yankee

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

He'll lead MLB in fWAR after today. Deserves to win AL MVP. 

altuve?

On 9/22/2017 at 9:15 PM, absknicks said:

I think Stanton showed he's still tops in raw power

2 hours ago, STLSU said:

I think Stanton showed he's still tops in raw power

Judge hits them further and harder than Stanton ever has. Stanton's never had his raw power. 

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

altuve?

Yeah, he's right there as well. But Judge has arguably had the better season.

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Judge hits them further and harder than Stanton ever has. Stanton's never had his raw power. 

probably nitpicking, but disagree there.  It almost seemed like when Judge was going off, that it urged Stanton to be even greater.

Nonetheless Judge is a sure fire top 15 pick.

9 hours ago, STLSU said:

probably nitpicking, but disagree there.  It almost seemed like when Judge was going off, that it urged Stanton to be even greater.

Nonetheless Judge is a sure fire top 15 pick.

This.  It was at the same time, too, the reporters in Miami kept asking Stanton about Judge.  Seems like Stanton said F it, I'll show this kid who's boss.

Judge indisputably hits them harder and further. This is proven, not a matter of opinion. Venture over to baseballsavant or another site with the Statcast data if you disagree.

Judge has now hit more homers in his rookie season than Stanton ever has prior to this year, too. So I'd temper the "Stanton showed him who's boss" rhetoric. 

And Judge has also had a better all-around year than Stanton from a statistical standpoint, too. So in his rookie year he's already outperformed Stanton's best ever season. 

Edited by absknicks

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

This.  It was at the same time, too, the reporters in Miami kept asking Stanton about Judge.  Seems like Stanton said F it, I'll show this kid who's boss.

I guess Stanton didn't understand how they determine the winner of the HR Derby?

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Judge indisputably hits them harder and further. This is proven, not a matter of opinion. Venture over to baseballsavant or another site with the Statcast data if you disagree.

Judge has now hit more homers in his rookie season than Stanton ever has prior to this year, too. So I'd temper the "Stanton showed him who's boss" rhetoric. 

And Judge has also had a better all-around year than Stanton from a statistical standpoint, too. So in his rookie year he's already outperformed Stanton's best ever season. 

this is an objective fact

we measure distance and exit velocity

and judge is King

12 hours ago, absknicks said:

Yeah, he's right there as well. But Judge has arguably had the better season.

i think 2 things hurt judge

writers dont love voting for yankees... and that bad month and a half he had.

who knows, maybe he finishes his last week strong and voters give it to him.