Savatage79

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

How does Eli not lean on Shep (and Engram) in this one????

Exactly.  He's had 7 catches 3 times this year and 11 another.  There is no reason he couldn't put up 7 catches again.

He has 51 targets in 7 games with Eli this year and one of those games was cut short when he got injured I do believe.  So toss out that game and it was 49 targets in 6 games (8+ targets per game).

Edited by Big Nate

Just read this in the rotoworld blurb, " he remains the team leader in red zone targets (9). "

So not only does he get a good share of the targets he's also getting RZ looks.  Fired up for playoffs.  Tried trading him multiple times to other before the deadline explaining that he was going to be the man down the stretch...  had no takers.  Now I guess he's going to lead me to the promised land.  I'm not complaining now!

I think I have to start this guy.  Are we worried about the typical Cowboys vs Giants burner final score 13-7?  

1 hour ago, KuNiT21 said:

I think I have to start this guy.  Are we worried about the typical Cowboys vs Giants burner final score 13-7?  

Not in PPR if Shep has 8-10 receps along the way . . .  

5 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Just read this in the rotoworld blurb, " he remains the team leader in red zone targets (9). "

So not only does he get a good share of the targets he's also getting RZ looks.  Fired up for playoffs.  Tried trading him multiple times to other before the deadline explaining that he was going to be the man down the stretch...  had no takers.  Now I guess he's going to lead me to the promised land.  I'm not complaining now!

You didn't believe yourself which was why you were trying to trade him correct?

Curious, who were to trying to acquire?

So 70,000 people are wearing Manning jerseys and old teammates are coming the game to do the same and stand on the sidelines. 

I'm not betting against all that, esp against weak a** Dallas secondary. 

On 12/4/2017 at 11:13 AM, griffin727 said:

I don't have any better options, I'm going with SS regardless of QB. It sucks, but that's what happens when the top 3 WR's you draft are all injured (CSB). I feel so dumb for having just about all the waiver wire success WR's out there on my team at some point but not being able to keep any of them with injuries and byes to other players.

No.....no.....NO!!!!!   Zero RB strategy rules!!!  Remember...RBs get hurt much more often than WRs.  

It's not the players you get lucky and pick in the draft.  You can go Zero RB and dominate without question.  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

You didn't believe yourself which was why you were trying to trade him correct?

Curious, who were to trying to acquire?

I had pretty good WRs so was offering him up to teams looking to make a playoff push down the stretch. Was trying to see if I could acquire a keeper for next year in return (maybe a package deal of sorts). 

I always believed and that is why I was touting him as a great player for a playoff run.  And here we are - Sterling Shepard is going to lead us on a playoff run!

Supposedly didn't practice due to a hamstring issue.  Cmon man! Need you.  Hopefully it was just precautionary today as he just road the bike.  They don't have anyone else so I'm hoping a rest day.

Oh good lord.  Shepard has already missed several golden opportunities this season.  Will this week be yet another?

Engram pops up as Q too same time... EDIT - now it got removed on yahoo

Edited by nosh0t

Really don't feel good about this guy....not putting him in any playoff lineups unless I really have no viable choice.

It seems like it's been one thing or another all year...Poor QB play, ankle, migranes and now this.

He can’t take the pressure of being number one.  He may be weak minded or doesn’t condition himself properly.  He should call ABrown for tips.

1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

I dropped him when Eli was benched:(. Can pick him up but would have to drop Diggs or Hogan to get him for my playoff run. 

No big deal dropping Diggs. 

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Shepard (hamstring), Jason Pierre-Paul (finger) and Chad Wheeler (concussion) were riding the bikes or working on the indoor field as the team practiced outside.

So far 3 wasted weeks with this guy.  He is turning into a roster headache

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So far 3 wasted weeks with this guy.  He is turning into a roster headache

Correct. Who knew migraines were contagious? Sterling Shepard owners, that's who!

23 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Hopefully he is back at practice Thursday-Friday. I didn’t see him sustain any injury Sunday. Did anyone else see anything? 

This is what I'm hoping.  A maintenance day on Wednesday then full practices Thurs-Fri.  They need to rest up their star receiver so he can catch 12 passes this weekend.