Ffguy0087

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

39 minutes ago, CooL said:

So says the guy who's name is DerrickHenrysCleats...

Not disagreeing with you.  I think it's pretty obvious this year Demarco will be in a more even timeshare with Henry than he was last year.  I'm really kind of baffled with anyone who wouldn't draft Devonta, Howard, or Ajayi before Murray.  MFL ADPs right now have Devonta #12, Howard #16, Ajayi #24, and Murray #33.   How can I sign up for the leagues where people are drafting Murray before any of those 3?  Devonta Freeman is a RB1 stud, despite the presence of Tevin Coleman.  And Howard and Ajayi project to be 3 down backs.

I agree, thats the only points i was making.

The other guys are obvious picks to me over Murray.

Murray is battling age, injuries, and the best backup RB in the NFL.

good thread, I believe Murray will take a step back, most of us are just wondering how big a step. I do love Henry in the later rounds ( 8th,9th?), hopefully nabbing him right before the Murray owner to use as bait or hold onto in case Murray goes down

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

By your earlier post I'm assuming that you're inferring that he only scored one first quarter TD because he you think he was wearing down?

Seems like a stretch to me.  What would be more helpful is if you broke down his YPC by quarter and showed that it declined in the 4th quarter, more so than it does for other RBs.  Just relying on the TD stat to make that broad inference seems silly to me.

Murray had 107 rushing attempts for 350 yards in opponents territory, averaging a paltry 3.2 yards per carry.

Murrays ypc average drops a full yard per carry from first half of games to second half, 4.9 down to 3.9

When Titans had a lead of 9-16 points then Murray averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Murray scored a whopping 1 rushing TD in the most important quarter in football, the 4th quarter.

titans miss the playoffs by 1 game.

...and Murray is a year older

55 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Murray had 107 rushing attempts for 350 yards in opponents territory, averaging a paltry 3.2 yards per carry.

Murrays ypc average drops a full yard per carry from first half of games to second half, 4.9 down to 3.9

When Titans had a lead of 9-16 points then Murray averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Murray scored a whopping 1 rushing TD in the most important quarter in football, the 4th quarter.

titans miss the playoffs by 1 game.

...and Murray is a year older

Great info, I would be curious to know how the drop in YPC in the second half of games compares to other RBs.  Honestly I dont see much value in the other statistics (YPC over 50 yard line, YPC with a lead, and 4th quarter TDs). 

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Great info, I would be curious to know how the drop in YPC in the second half of games compares to other RBs.  Honestly I dont see much value in the other statistics (YPC over 50 yard line, YPC with a lead, and 4th quarter TDs). 

Ypc in opponents territory is important in an effort to keep the chains moving and grinding out the clock, more opportunities to pound an already tired defense results in fantasy points.

4th quarter TDs are important cause they could boost his fantasy stock immensly.  Not grinding out 4th quarter yards and TDs is a sign of a guy that wears out come the 4th quarter.

Demarco had 12 tds last year? If he scored 6 more 4th quarter TDs or had a yac over 3.2 then he would be in the discussion for me to go ahead of ajayi amd howard.

As it stands he is a 30 year old RB that wears out late in games and late in the season and he has a true grind it out, win it in the 4th quarter, stronger as the game goes on backup siphoning carries away from him as well.

Good RB but he wont be top 10 this year in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ypc in opponents territory is important in an effort to keep the chains moving and grinding out the clock, more opportunities to pound an already tired defense results in fantasy points.

4th quarter TDs are important cause they could boost his fantasy stock immensly.  Not grinding out 4th quarter yards and TDs is a sign of a guy that wears out come the 4th quarter.

Demarco had 12 tds last year? If he scored 6 more 4th quarter TDs or had a yac over 3.2 then he would be in the discussion for me to go ahead of ajayi amd howard.

As it stands he is a 30 year old RB that wears out late in games and late in the season and he has a true grind it out, win it in the 4th quarter, stronger as the game goes on backup siphoning carries away from him as well.

Good RB but he wont be top 10 this year in my opinion.

You make some good points. Going to be hard for people to respect your opinion as unbiased though given your username haha. And I love henry, live in Bama. 

On 2017-6-1 at 6:39 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Go check out the derrick henry thread.

I did all that there. Murray ypc declines by over a yard per carry and he is even worse on the opponents side of the field.

The Derrick henry thread? Where many of your "opinions" were shut down? 

Yes everyone please go check that out, so that you are not mislead.

47 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

The Derrick henry thread? Where many of your "opinions" were shut down? 

Yes everyone please go check that out, so that you are not mislead.

Thats just how you and a handful of others read it.

All my points were then and are now, valid.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats just how you and a handful of others read it.

All my points were then and are now, valid.

Are they really?

They were shut down by alot of statistical backing. Demarco doesnt convert short yardage? He doesnt move the chains? He doesnt get short yardage tds? Thats only a portion of your statements. Its was blurting out nonsense in favor of your biased crush. 

I advise everyone to read the henry thread before taking these "opinions" to actual thought. Maybe you need a refresh too, cleats. The good stuff starts about page 3

Edited by vikingapocalypse

Murray's stock is dropping while Henry's continue to rise.

I will monitor this cast situation, closely.

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Tennessee Titans RB DeMarco Murray (hand) was sporting a cast on his hand Thursday, June 8, after undergoing a procedure, but head coach Mike Mularkey expects Murray to be good to go by training camp.

3 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Murray's stock is dropping while Henry's continue to rise.

I will monitor this cast situation, closely.

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Tennessee Titans RB DeMarco Murray (hand) was sporting a cast on his hand Thursday, June 8, after undergoing a procedure, but head coach Mike Mularkey expects Murray to be good to go by training camp.

Nothing to see here. Nothing serious. He'll be back on the field next week.

4. Demarco Murray, TEN
2017 Projection: 275 attempts / 1237 rushing yards / 8 rushing touchdowns; 48 receptions / 336 receiving yards / 2 receiving touchdowns (264 points)
Outlook: Murray looked revitalized after a trade sent him to the Tennessee Titans during the 2016 offseason after a down year in Philadelphia. One of the best all-around backs in the game, Murray returns to an offense dedicated to pounding the run every which way they can and has some new weapons around him on offense to hopefully take some of the defenders out of the box on early downs. I think Murray has a few years of relevance left and I am quite high on the Tennessee offense as a whole, Murray included, in 2017.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:03 PM, Br0kenB said:

4. Demarco Murray, TEN
2017 Projection: 275 attempts / 1237 rushing yards / 8 rushing touchdowns; 48 receptions / 336 receiving yards / 2 receiving touchdowns (264 points)
Outlook: Murray looked revitalized after a trade sent him to the Tennessee Titans during the 2016 offseason after a down year in Philadelphia. One of the best all-around backs in the game, Murray returns to an offense dedicated to pounding the run every which way they can and has some new weapons around him on offense to hopefully take some of the defenders out of the box on early downs. I think Murray has a few years of relevance left and I am quite high on the Tennessee offense as a whole, Murray included, in 2017.

It is surprising that Murray is still being drafted ahead of Ajayi, Howard and even Freeman. 

Murray projects to be a workhorse back in a prolific offense behind a top 5 run blocking o-like. Add in his usage in the receiving game and you have last year's Lesean McCoy with the goal line opportunities. He's had 55 or more targets in the last 4 seasons (and that includes 2015 with PHI).  He had 67 targets last season and I see that number staying relatively the same. This offense improved tremendously with Corey Davis and Eric Decker. Add in how well Rishard Matthews did last year and the additions of Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, etc and this team is set to rock n roll and is looking for a playoff run.

The Titans will rely on Murray in the running game to get there. 

And for those who are worried about age and injury; he's played 14 or more games in the last four seasons. He's 29, still has some left in the tank. Draft Murray in the second or as the 4th/5th RB off the board. 

On 6/9/2017 at 2:40 AM, ChasinDatPaper said:

Nothing to see here. Nothing serious. He'll be back on the field next week.

Yea was going to say the some, nothing to see there, draft Murray with confidence 

I would be more worried about Devonta with Shanny gone than Henry taking a few more carries from Murray.  

The Titans have the 4th easiest RB schedule in terms of fantasy ppg allowed to RBs (based off of 2016 stats). I expect Murray and Henry to both be productive, with Murray getting the majority of the work, including in the pass game. He's been available in the early 2nd round of every draft I've done so far this summer, and I think he's appropriately priced. While ideally you should draft Henry to lock down this backfield, I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't (unless bestball format, where I think handcuffing Murray is a must). 

Murray averaged 18.4 ppg in ppr last season, which was 6th best in the NFL behind only Bell, DJ, Zeke, McCoy, and Gordon. Barring injury, he should be close to those totals again in 2017. 

An important thing to consider: Murray will be 30 heading into the 2018 season and, if I'm not mistaken, his $6.25M salary is not guaranteed, meaning he could be cut with no cap penalties. Just another reason I see the Titans running Murray into the ground in 2017 before unleashing Henry in 2018.

Edit: According to overthecap.com, the Titans can save $6.5M in cap space with no dead money if they cut him prior to June 1 in the 2018 league year.

Edited by mrblonde1984

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

The Titans have the 4th easiest RB schedule in terms of fantasy ppg allowed to RBs (based off of 2016 stats). I expect Murray and Henry to both be productive, with Murray getting the majority of the work, including in the pass game. He's been available in the early 2nd round of every draft I've done so far this summer, and I think he's appropriately priced. While ideally you should draft Henry to lock down this backfield, I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't (unless bestball format, where I think handcuffing Murray is a must). 

Murray averaged 18.4 ppg in ppr last season, which was 6th best in the NFL behind only Bell, DJ, Zeke, McCoy, and Gordon. Barring injury, he should be close to those totals again in 2017. 

An important thing to consider: Murray will be 30 heading into the 2018 season and, if I'm not mistaken, his $6.25M salary is not guaranteed, meaning he could be cut with no cap penalties. Just another reason I see the Titans running Murray into the ground in 2017 before unleashing Henry in 2018.

I can see Murray and Henry both being fantasy viable in certain weeks.  I love that offense.  If you go WR in the first and then grab Murray and Henry in the 2nd and 6th that would be ideal for me.  

Sssssshhhh! You're ruining the value ;).

I'd personally take him ahead of both Ajayi and Howard. Most sophomore RBs are a risky bet, whereas Murray has a long track record of elite production and a top-notch O line to boot. He's not as sexy of a pick as some of the younger RBs, but he's a lot more likely to return RB1 value.

IMO, he's the #5 back, after Johnson, Zeke, Bell, and McCoy.

Edited by beware d-ware

On 7/4/2017 at 5:38 PM, PolarBear said:

I can see Murray and Henry both being fantasy viable in certain weeks.  I love that offense.  If you go WR in the first and then grab Murray and Henry in the 2nd and 6th that would be ideal for me.  

6th for Henry? Ideal? He's a handcuff.

1 hour ago, boltup15 said:

Yea, he's a damn pricy handcuff, Murray and freeman are both expensive this season if u feel a need to own the handcuff.  But hell, at the 5th 6th, some could argue just take ur cuff and feel good about owning a backfield

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

1 hour ago, boltup15 said:

If ur trying to snake someone, efffff that, but if u own the main back, pay up

How is this guy not a top 5 pick? If we're being rational, a late first round ADP doesn't correspond to his level of performance.