Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

How quickly some forget.  

5 tds the first 4 games

weeks 2,3,4 he went 21,20,13 standard pts.  

Atl just hit a bit of a speed bump,  big comeback in the downpour this week should really boost their confidence.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

How quickly some forget.  

5 tds the first 4 games

weeks 2,3,4 he went 21,20,13 standard pts.  

Atl just hit a bit of a speed bump,  big comeback in the downpour this week should really boost their confidence.   

 

Things constantly change in fantasy football and people inevitably overreact. First month of the season the McCoy thread was one of the most depressing places on the internet. Now all is forgotten. Freeman will turn it around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Wrong again Nature Boy

WOOOOOO!!!!!!

 

just because it’s possible to stumble a** backwards into success doesn’t mean there’s no skill or strategies to maximize your chances.       Just like it’s possible to make every wrong call in blackjack and still win it big.  With enough sample size, better informed more skilled players will rise to the top.   Wtf was Fuller doing on your waiver wire anyway?   He wasn’t available in any of my leagues from 10 teams on up.   

 

As far as freeman goes-  he’ll be fine and it’s too early to claim he’s a bust.  

 

Man, I'm.100 Percent correct. You didn't even refute what I said. You CAN do everything to maximize your chances. BUT it is like Lamont said, you are just giving yourself the most chances in a raffel. Luck is still overwhelmingly the most important factor in winning your league. 

 

And you aren't even factoring in that other players in your league have access to the same info and are competing for the same players as you. You don't always get the players that you want, even in auction and especially not in snake. Same goes for FAAB and waiver claims. 

 

Like you may give your self a 15 percent or 20 percent chance of winning instead of a 10 lol. The odds are still overwhelmingly not in your favor in season long fantasy football. 

 

DFS is different. You'd have a point with DFS and how much of it is based on matchups and what not and the fact that everyone can choose the same players.. And even then, the guys who do well  in DFS are the ones investing big bank rolls into it to cover  tons of outcomes. There is simply no way to accurately predict what is going to happen over 15 or so weeks of fantasy football. 

 

If you think you otherwise, you are just foolish or arrogant. Take your pick. 

Edited by RicFlair
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Am I crazy for wanting to bench this guy against CAR?

Nope. Tough matchup this week. I doubt anybody has two RBs (and a flex) better than him on their roster but if they did I would suggest benching him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Am I crazy for wanting to bench this guy against CAR?

Way too cute.  Reasons:

Last season they scored 48 and 33 pts vs Carolina.  

The division is wide open and Carolina is random in general.  

Good teams have scored on Carolina.  Saints 34 Pats 30 Lions 24 Eagles 28

 

Freeman is a must start weekly imo  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Way too cute.  Reasons:

Last season they scored 48 and 33 pts vs Carolina.  

The division is wide open and Carolina is random in general.  

Good teams have scored on Carolina.  Saints 34 Pats 30 Lions 24 Eagles 28

 

Freeman is a must start weekly imo  

Panthers are also 4th toughest defense against RBs this year behind only Den, Min, & Hou

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Panthers are also 4th toughest defense against RBs this year behind only Den, Min, & Hou

 

Yeah but they doing it to teams like the Bills, Bears, Bucs, 49ers who have pretty limited offensive diversity or are just plain bad.    Not saying it’s a slam dunk but these teams usually produce plenty of fireworks and you can’t just camp on the run with 8/9 in the box vs Atl.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Yeah but they doing it to teams like the Bills, Bears, Bucs, 49ers who have pretty limited offensive diversity or are just plain bad.    Not saying it’s a slam dunk but these teams usually produce plenty of fireworks and you can’t just camp on the run with 8/9 in the box vs Atl.  

LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Doug Martin, Carlos Hyde? These are name brand RBs all having similar or better years than Freeman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Doug Martin, Carlos Hyde? These are name brand RBs all having similar or better years than Freeman.

 

Right...so teams with limited offensive diversity, just like I said.  All in the bottom tier of passing offense.     Only the Bucs have any WRs worth mentioning- and Jameis is playing like crap.      You shut down the running game and it’s curtains.    Can’t do that with Atl.   

 

I don’t bench All Pro talents getting 15-25 touches a game.   Too many ways to score.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Right...so teams with limited offensive diversity, just like I said.  All in the bottom tier of passing offense.     Only the Bucs have any WRs worth mentioning- and Jameis is playing like crap.      You shut down the running game and it’s curtains.    Can’t do that with Atl.   

 

I don’t bench All Pro talents getting 15-25 touches a game.   Too many ways to score.    

 

just have to hope that his shoulder is ok and he's not on the injury report.  could see them leaning on TC a little more if he's not 100%

Edited by ragrag
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Right...so teams with limited offensive diversity, just like I said.  All in the bottom tier of passing offense.     Only the Bucs have any WRs worth mentioning- and Jameis is playing like crap.      You shut down the running game and it’s curtains.    Can’t do that with Atl.   

 

I don’t bench All Pro talents getting 15-25 touches a game.   Too many ways to score.    

Not happening right now

Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude is a huge buy low imo. I have Jordan Howard, Doug Martin, Aaron Jones, CJ Anderson and I much rather own Freeman if nothing more because he is in a better overall offense and gets similar number of touches and since there isn't as big a risk of the team falling behind as some of these other guys who could fall victim to gameflow. His shoulder is obviously bugging him but if you are sitting at top of the standings and looking to bulk up for playoffs I think he'd be a great value add target. NO twice and TB during playoffs I think are attractive potential high scoring games that will be attractive. Additionally, Ryan has been playing well under the standard he has set in previous years so if he can get closer to the player he has proven to be historically this entire offense gets a big jolt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, lolcopter said:

Am I crazy for wanting to bench this guy against CAR?

I am in the same boat but I have Ingram already starting and Doug Martin on the bench, Dougie has such a favorable match but all I am thinking about is the damn usage and low touches freeman has been getting lately. I have to die with the motto of always start your studs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He had the black contact jersey on again today, but said his shoulder is fine.

 

Hope he can get in a full practice tomorrow.  Fortunately they're one of the early games on Sun so a last minute deactivation should be easy to deal with.  

Edited by ragrag
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...