Rotoworld.com Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, HTXMade said:

If I'm picking at the back half of the draft, I'm targeting this guy

Me as well.  I have the 5th 7th and 9th pick in drafts.  The 7th and 9 picks depending on who falls I am going to try and get him.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

funny how things can change within a year. Many people picked this guy to bust last year because of the monster year he had before... he proved people wrong now everyone wants him on their team lol 

Well it's not that unreasonable. The sample size on what we can judge his value doubled (1 season vs 2 seasons). It's way more likely that a player has 1 fluke season than 2 fluke seasons. Plus, we learned that he can be a RB1 even while sharing the backfield with Coleman. These were huge questions that led many people here to (justifiably) shy away from Freeman last year. Now that he's addressed those issues, people are seeing him more favorably. 

On 8/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, NBatum88 said:

Well it's not that unreasonable. The sample size on what we can judge his value doubled (1 season vs 2 seasons). It's way more likely that a player has 1 fluke season than 2 fluke seasons. Plus, we learned that he can be a RB1 even while sharing the backfield with Coleman. These were huge questions that led many people here to (justifiably) shy away from Freeman last year. Now that he's addressed those issues, people are seeing him more favorably. 

I trust the talent but not the situation. Say Freeman has two subpar games in a row and Coleman shows well, it's not unreasonable to think a split could happen. Quinn has shown he will not shy away from TC

Edited by Smantzas
14 minutes ago, Smantzas said:

I trust the talent but not the situation. Say Freeman has two subpar games in a row and Coleman shows well, it's not unreasonable to think a split could happen. Quinn has shown he will not shy away from TC

Hes the highest paid RB in football because they trust him. TC is a weapon who I dont think they want to use as a full-time RB. Freeman is one of the safest picks you can make in the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The problem is Freeman is the price. A first-round pick for a non-bellcow RB is tough.  And he has he most expensive handcuff in the draft.  Using a 4th or 5th on a handcuff is painful.

He is a bell cow

Freeman has already proved he's still an RB1 even with the shared workload with Coleman. The continued doubt doesn't make sense and it's misinformed.

Unless misinforming players is apart of the strategy, then it's just nonsense.

18 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

Freeman has already proved he's still an RB1 even with the shared workload with Coleman. The continued doubt doesn't make sense and it's misinformed.

Unless misinforming players is apart of the strategy, then it's just nonsense.

You tell them Money.

43 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The problem is Freeman is the price. A first-round pick for a non-bellcow RB is tough.  And he has he most expensive handcuff in the draft.  Using a 4th or 5th on a handcuff is painful.

He got the majority of the carries last year.

12 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Outside the elite two (Zeke suspended) and McCoy, we're basically talking about Freeman as fourth RB off the board?

Freeman over Gordon? Gordon doesn't have anyone to eat into his workload.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Freeman over Gordon? Gordon doesn't have anyone to eat into his workload.

Would rather have the proven more talented back in Freeman.

Also his proven track record for being an Elite RB 

Edited by ponza88
34 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I'm taking Freeman as the #3 RB off of the board this weekend in PPR. Seems like an easy choice to me after the Bills complete unraveling over the last few weeks.

He's #3 in my rankings now too, jumping McCoy.  I like Freeman's floor over McCoy's at this point.

This just shows how RB's this year are so hard to find at least before the draft.  This guy should be like the 8 ranked back.  Yet people are taking him 5th overall?  Other guys will have break out years and probably out play him.  The problem is we don't know who they are.

4 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

This just shows how RB's this year are so hard to find at least before the draft.  This guy should be like the 8 ranked back.  Yet people are taking him 5th overall?  Other guys will have break out years and probably out play him.  The problem is we don't know who they are.

Do you take the safe production in the first round or do you take the stud WR and load up RB that could hit? 

52 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Do you take the safe production in the first round or do you take the stud WR and load up RB that could hit? 

That's the question.  This is the first draft I can remember where I can't find a strategy.  I might just go best available.  The RB's are making things hard.  The zero RB theory is probably best but I don't like doing it.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:47 PM, Experienced Rookie said:

Freeman got more yards on less carries. You know why? Cause he's actually good. 

He also had one of the better lines in the league compared to easily one of the worst for Gordon.

Let's just ignore the facts though since they don't fit the narrative.