Savatage79

Tyrell Williams 2017 Season Outlook

37 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

KA will open things up some for him.

Or get hurt- either is good for Tyrell.  I read they were actively shopping Inman as well.    Also good 

Grab Tyrell end of draft and if u have inj slot stash Mike Williams as you figure out which chargers get mkt shr week to week. Keenan is going so high with his ADP vs where both williams are trading one of the two will be flex gold. 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Or get hurt- either is good for Tyrell.  I read they were actively shopping Inman as well.    Also good 

Ugh. Inman. Also known as the one who's a pain in Tyrell's side.

Don't you wish that evil on Keenan Allen tho.

Man, yahoo is really forcing you to take him earlier than I'd like.  Other drafts been able to wait on him.

58 minutes ago, dashoe said:

if u have inj slot stash Mike Williams as you figure out which chargers get mkt shr week to week.

or just leave him on the wire all season long where he belongs 

Just now, lolcopter said:

or just leave him on the wire all season long where he belongs 

currently no one on inj u can out in the slot so go mike williams or fuller

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

currently no one on inj u can out in the slot so go mike williams or fuller

Bartender, I'll have one of what he's having, neat.

Edited by Onyx

12 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Ugh. Inman. Also known as the one who's a pain in Tyrell's side.

Don't you wish that evil on Keenan Allen tho.

d9aoGxd.gif

Mike Williams activated from PUP

Hurts Tyrell's fantasy status?  

Chargers activated first-round WR Mike Williams (back) from the PUP.
Williams is not going to play in the season opener, but the move means the Chargers believe the No. 7 overall pick will be ready before Week 7. Even when he gets back on the field, it is difficult to imagine Williams having a big role after missing all of the offseason program and training camp. He does not need to be drafted in standard-sized redraft leagues. Per Chargers beat writer Jack Wang, the team's "hope" is Williams will play in "Week 4 or Week 5.

Edited by nk3323
?

2 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

Nope. 

I don't expect much from M. Williams this season.  He's missed all of TC and hasn't built much of a rapport with Rivers.

Edited by Red Dog

6 hours ago, nk3323 said:

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Nope. 

I disagree with a caveat.  I think he encroaches on it as the season goes on, although I doubt he takes over in earnest until next offseason.  So you're going to have Tyrell getting less opportunities when they matter most - at the end of the season.  Early on though, Mike isn't a big threat.  Using him early and trading before Mike gets up to speed could be a great plan though.  

Full disclosure, I own him in dynasty, so might be a little hope coloring that perception.  

Man if this team can just stay healthy, they're going to be incredibly scary.

I don't think Williams is going to hurt anybody. He's gonna need some seasoning. He's not as athletically gifted as Tyrell and will most likely have the same rough learning curve Tyrell did last year.

That being said, Tyrell and Mike on the outside, Keenan on the inside and Gordon in the backfield. Wowza.

These guys have been hit so hard with injuries over the last few years, really hope they stay healthy.

I hate the fact that they're not in SD anymore.

Edited by 10giz

I keep seeing him on my bench wondering why am I keeping him there. Realistically does he even have a chance of being fantasy relevant week to week? Their pass catching group is so crowded I almost feel as if Ted Ginn is the better value as a hold. I have a feeling if Tyrell has a great game he become a sell high candidate vs a weekly starter.

maybe I'm looking at him the wrong way.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

I keep seeing him on my bench wondering why am I keeping him there. Realistically does he even have a chance of being fantasy relevant week to week? Their pass catching group is so crowded I almost feel as if Ted Ginn is the better value as a hold. I have a feeling if Tyrell has a great game he become a sell high candidate vs a weekly starter.

maybe I'm looking at him the wrong way.

With how injury prone (albeit flukey) Keenan Allen has been, he is a strong hold. He's also a big play maker so it doesn't take much for him to get points quick.

I wish people were dropping Tyrell Williams in the leagues I'm in.

4 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

With how injury prone (albeit flukey) Keenan Allen has been, he is a strong hold. He's also a big play maker so it doesn't take much for him to get points quick.

I wish people were dropping Tyrell Williams in the leagues I'm in.

I have a stronger view on some fragile rb's going down within the first 5 games than I do of wr's this season so thinking of just stashing rb's for trading purposes. I picked Tyrell because it's rare to find a previous top 24 wr in the last rounds. . . like rarer than people would think and it's not like he actually sucks and was simply a target bucket. When I  hear the basis of the Bolts had no one else to throw the ball to last season, i simply think the same case can be made against tyrell pryor and kenny Britt who are trading with much higher adps but every has higher opinions on. i didnt see tyrell play much last season so I dont have alot of visual aid to support my choice.

Okay, I'm expecting big duds from LAC WRs tonight, and I know I was trash talking Mike Williams awhile back, but anyone concerned about the rookie eating into Tyrell's share of targets when he's back in a couple weeks? Allen will be the main guy, both TEs should get plenty of work, with Travis Benjamin being the deep ball guy. Does Williams profile as a possession WR like Allen, just bigger?

I like Tyrell as a player, I'm just concerned he'll have a hard time matching his numbers from last season as he was in a very good spot with all the injuries that WR corp sustained. Yeah, Allen could possibly get hurt again by that's not really something you wanna bank on

Edited by phatrat
Cool Story removed.

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Okay, I'm expecting big duds from LAC WRs tonight, and I know I was trash talking Mike Williams awhile back, but anyone concerned about the rookie eating into Tyrell's share of targets when he's back in a couple weeks? Allen will be the main guy, both TEs should get plenty of work, with Travis Benjamin being the deep ball guy. Does Williams profile as a possession WR like Allen, just bigger?

I like Tyrell as a player, I'm just concerned he'll have a hard time matching his numbers from last season as he was in a very good spot with all the injuries that WR corp sustained. Yeah, Allen could possibly get hurt again by that's not really something you wanna bank on

As someone who doesn't closely follow the situation, this is my concern as well.  With no games played, and nothing other than the pleasure of owning him last year, I am hoping for a couple big games and then selling within the first month.   Like you said, lots of mouths to feed.  I think he is talented, just not sure he will get fed as much this year. 

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

As someone who doesn't closely follow the situation, this is my concern as well.  With no games played, and nothing other than the pleasure of owning him last year, I am hoping for a couple big games and then selling within the first month.   Like you said, lots of mouths to feed.  I think he is talented, just not sure he will get fed as much this year. 

Well, here's what he thinks:

Tyrell Williams thinks the healthy return of Keenan Allen will "open things up for all the receivers and the backs."
Williams admits Allen is going to take on a large share of the targets, but he is not worried about his role. "It won’t change much for me," Williams said. "Really, he opens up a lot for me." Williams will likely struggle to top 115 targets again if Allen stays healthy, but he should see plenty of work as the No. 2 receiver. Apr 11 - 10:56 AM

Tyrell Williams was a monster last season. 11th in yards per target, 5th in yards per reception. close to 6'4 with 4.43 speed and a 10.40 (98th-percentile) Catch Radius. He's a better athlete than Mike Williams and has built rapport with Rivers (unlike Williams) so IMO as long as he performs like last year there's no way they can take him off the field. I also sort of agree with Tyrell Williams statement, going from facing #1 CBs and double teams to probably being singled up on #2 CBs is a nice boost. Tyrell even got some playing time in the slot last year so he's versatile.

Just don't play him against Denver, the rest of the season I truly believe he returns value. Go watch his youtube highlights and see how open he got sometimes. Keenan Allen back could hurt his value, or Rivers could throw 600 times and he could still get the 120 targets he had last year, against softer coverage, and go off.

6 hours ago, Jason497 said:

Tyrell Williams was a monster last season. 11th in yards per target, 5th in yards per reception. close to 6'4 with 4.43 speed and a 10.40 (98th-percentile) Catch Radius. He's a better athlete than Mike Williams and has built rapport with Rivers (unlike Williams) so IMO as long as he performs like last year there's no way they can take him off the field. I also sort of agree with Tyrell Williams statement, going from facing #1 CBs and double teams to probably being singled up on #2 CBs is a nice boost. Tyrell even got some playing time in the slot last year so he's versatile.

Just don't play him against Denver, the rest of the season I truly believe he returns value. Go watch his youtube highlights and see how open he got sometimes. Keenan Allen back could hurt his value, or Rivers could throw 600 times and he could still get the 120 targets he had last year, against softer coverage, and go off.

This.  Check out the catch @ 0:40:

How did he look? Anyone saw the game? Does he gets enough look to be stashed or not? 

Edited by Jay85