Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, the12thman said:

Rob is say to be out for this game. Who would you rather pickup from below?

Dwyane Allen, Ben Waston, Jets Jenkins, Jason Witten or Eric Ebron?

ASJ and it's not all that close really. McCown loves his TEs and the Browns are giving up a lot of points to them this year. ASJ could also turn into a reliable starter in the event Gronk misses more time.

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Yeah I've made other plans... If you're looking for a quick and dirty add off the WW, Austin Sefarion-Jenkins is like 90% available, has a plus matchup, and has been getting 5-6 targets in the last couple of games. 

If u have instant pickups u might be able to do something but many leagues have overnight waivers or faab.  Those owners are screwed unless u are carrying a second good te.

Just now, kp96 said:

If u have instant pickups u might be able to do something but many leagues have overnight waivers or faab.  Those owners are screwed unless u are carrying a second good te.

We've got waivers but they don't lock until kickoff... seems like that is the most common setup? Never played in FAAB before but from what I understand don't you still get a free agency period?

Just now, the12thman said:

You can put Kelce in there as well. So tempted to pickup Allen. Tampa Bay has good corners and vulnerable the short passing routes with most their starting LB out.

Has Allen even caught a pass this year? Brady will completely fade the TE tonight.

Just now, RoboFroogs said:

We've got waivers but they don't lock until kickoff... seems like that is the most common setup? Never played in FAAB before but from what I understand don't you still get a free agency period?

Nope.  U bid every day and overnight whoever wins gets the player.  Instant pickups are hard because people who have more free time have a big advantage.  I prefer overnight so u can find time to decide who to bid on, but in this situation u are screwed 

thing is, do you really want to bet your money on a TE that has zero catch on the year aka Allen or grab one of those 3-4 targets per game dudes aka Miller? I'd say go with a guy like Miller, less of a gamble

1 minute ago, calibar said:

thing is, do you really want to bet your money on a TE that has zero catch on the year aka Allen or grab one of those 3-4 targets per game dudes aka Miller? I'd say go with a guy like Miller, less of a gamble

I get that but that’s essentially what a handcuff is, that you gamble on the replacement to assume the starters duties or to at least seize the opportunity. Obviously he’s going to have 0 catches on the season with a healthy gronk. But Allen has proved in the past to be more than capable of receiving. 

I’m not touching Dwayne Allen, starting at a bagel until Thursday is a terrifying possibility. Prob going to roll with ASJ. 

3 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

Thoughts on Allen as a spot starter?

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes all night without a catch. Also wouldn't be surprised if he goes 5 catches for 48 yards and 2 TDs because, well, Brady.

Jets vs. Browns may be the most unwatchable game of the year. ASJ may get couple looks but unsure he will find the end zone. Allen don't have a catch this year but Patriots historically are fantasy TE goldmine AKA Martellus Bennet last year, who isn't doing anything in GB this year.

20 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

Adam Schefter tweeted out that Gronk not likely to play

xDa6UWX.jpg

So did he hurt his thigh yesterday, where is this injury coming from? 

11 minutes ago, the12thman said:

Jets vs. Browns may be the most unwatchable game of the year. ASJ may get couple looks but unsure he will find the end zone. Allen don't have a catch this year but Patriots historically are fantasy TE goldmine AKA Martellus Bennet last year, who isn't doing anything in GB this year.

HOW DARE YOU! :P

Jets haven't actually looked horrible this year on offense. Also I recall reading that Dwayne Allen looked bad all preseason and camp so IDK... seems like a risky start to me.