Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

So why exactly are the patriots letting him practice at all, he obviously down at need to catch passes from Brady or block anybody to prove himself yet they think it's a good idea to put one of the most physical and injury prone players on the practice field. This is on BB and the patriots organization, he should of never been in a position to get hurt at practice

2 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

So why exactly are the patriots letting him practice at all, he obviously down at need to catch passes from Brady or block anybody to prove himself yet they think it's a good idea to put one of the most physical and injury prone players on the practice field. This is on BB and the patriots organization, he should of never been in a position to get hurt at practice

There's no evidence that there was any kind of acute injury or acute aggravation from practice this week. People are just straight up speculating ITT.

It might be as simple as it being a short week and the Pats opting to be conservative, with no otherwise change in status. We don't know.

Edited by fawkes_mulder

5 minutes ago, fingers said:

Don't know what to say besides he has looked terrible this year. Brutal.

5 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

There's no evidence that there was any kind of acute injury or acute aggravation from practice this week. People are just straight up speculating ITT.

It might be as simple as it being a short week and the Pats opting to be conservative, with no otherwise change in status. We don't know.

Thigh contusion means bruise,  that means he either took a helmet to the thigh last Sunday and tried to hide it or or happened at practice this week

But I was saying in general he shouldn't practice or he should get the ap treatment

Edited by Ddam2013

I watched 2 pats game and Allen has looked terrible but I dont have a choice

He wanted to make the trip to Florida. Probably head down to South beach after the game on a long weekend.

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

Thigh contusion means bruise,  that means he either took a helmet to the thigh last Sunday and tried to hide it or or happened at practice this week

It happened at practice yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Sonny_D said:

He wanted to make the trip to Florida. Probably head down to South beach after the game on a long weekend.

9 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Bennett had great chemistry with Brady. It's been well reported that Allen and Brady are not finding any chemistry whatsoever. Shrug 

17 minutes ago, affliction said:

who

My new TE after this weekend, that's who. BB likes him some big TEs and the guy is undrafted FA to boot. Seems like a golden recipe.

30 minutes ago, chud12 said:

That's what I thought at first too, but on short weeks I don't think teams have a padded/contact practice, I may be wrong though so if anyone knows feel free to let me know. But this is the kind of stuff that shouldn't happen at practice what value comes from tackling him, give him a red jersey during the week and let him ball out on gameday

35 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Not that I don’t believe you. But it’d be nice to post a link. 

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

Not that I don’t believe you. But it’d be nice to post a link. 

Jeff Howe‏ @jeffphowe  2h2 hours ago
Gronk is not expected to play tonight due to the thigh injury that occurred yesterday, according to @adamschefter.

Jeff Howe‏ @jeffphowe  18m18 minutes ago
By being inactive tonight, Gronk is now on pace to reach his $8.75M incentive tier. Barring an All-Pro selection, this could cost him $2M.

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Jeff Howe‏ @jeffphowe  2h2 hours ago
Gronk is not expected to play tonight due to the thigh injury that occurred yesterday, according to @adamschefter.

It doesn't have to have happened during practice yesterday. Odds are, it's a hickey he got from a fan, or else a lapdance in his favorite club.

56 minutes ago, Robrain said:

If you need 4 years worth of film to make a 4 minute highlight reel you're probably a really bad player.

pretty much ****** me and gave me a 0 with any replacement, dwayne or oj or whoever. shouldn't have gotten fancy and went with kroft. 

Okay, so ASJ wont be the worst option to replace Gronk, that's for sure after Allens game.

People around the start of the season said you didn't need a backup for Gronk, just pick one up when he gets hurt. I made sure that I got Gronk insurance by drafting Evan Engram in the last round. This is why I always make sure I have a back-up plan for someone that is injury prone.