Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

There were reports that Dwayne Allen coudn't pick up the playbook in the offseason (he's a moron?), received almost no targets in the pre-season, and not one catch to this game. I can't believe people went with that option over a top ten option. I picked up ASJ (ranked 7th this week on Rotoworld) in a 16 team league. Shrug Come on peeps.

25 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

There were reports that Dwayne Allen coudn't pick up the playbook in the offseason (he's a moron?), received almost no targets in the pre-season, and not one catch to this game. I can't believe people went with that option over a top ten option. I picked up ASJ (ranked 7th this week on Rotoworld) in a 16 team league. Shrug Come on peeps.

Why would u believe rotoworld ranking?

10 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Why would u believe rotoworld ranking?

I lost Gronk the day of the game. I didn't have time to research 10 B tight ends, nor was I going to gamble on a failed project like Allen. And ranking aside, it's against the Browns 30th ranked pass defense, who have been ransacked by tight ends (they made Tyler Kroft [who??] look like Tony Gonzalez last week). So it seems smarter to me. Shrug. The Rotoworld ranking just makes me feel better about the decision.

Edited by MrPositive

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

What in sam hell are you talking about? You suggest that everyone actually has the LUXURY of picking up a TOP 10 option at TE, right before the game no less. For many of us, that's not the case.

In my main money league, with 16 teams, the only real options that I had were Dwayne Allen, OJ Howard, and Kroft. It's rather juvenile and naive to think every league out there will let you magically pluck a top ten TE option out of thin air an hour before learning Gronk is inactive.

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

My new TE after this weekend, that's who. BB likes him some big TEs and the guy is undrafted FA to boot. Seems like a golden recipe.

Glad I grabbed this guy before the waiver wire rush next week, looked great out there last night

5 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

What in sam hell are you talking about? You suggest that everyone actually has the LUXURY of picking up a TOP 10 option at TE, right before the game no less. For many of us, that's not the case.

In my main money league, with 16 teams, the only real options that I had were Dwayne Allen, OJ Howard, and Kroft. It's rather juvenile and naive to think every league out there will let you magically pluck a top ten TE option out of thin air an hour before learning Gronk is inactive.

Well if you actually read it, you'd know that ASJ is not usually a top 10 option, he just is this week with the sweetest matchup of any tight end on paper. As well, there were 2 other people in here that said they picked up ASJ to fill in for Gronk. lol

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4806644/quick-turnaround-for-game-might-end-up-costing-rob-gronkowski-millions

1. One of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's close friends had traveled to Tampa, Florida, on Thursday with the expectation of watching him play, which reflected how Gronkowski’s deactivation with a thigh injury came as a surprise to even some in his inner circle. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the Patriots expect Gronkowski to be ready for the next game, Oct. 15 at the Jets, and my sense from talking to those close to Gronkowski was that if the Patriots-Buccaneers game had been Sunday instead of Thursday, he probably would have been active.

So the quick turnaround might ultimately be the primary reason Gronkowski doesn’t cash in on his playing-time contract incentives by season’s end.

Gronkowski has now played 257 of 365 offensive snaps (70.4 percent) this season. One way for him to hit his top tier of $10.75 million is to reach 90 percent playing time. To hit the second tier of $8.75 million, it’s 80 percent; the third tier of $6.75 million is 70 percent.

Gronkowski is currently right at the edge of the third tier when looking solely at playing time.

He can still reach the first and second tiers based on receptions, receiving yards, touchdowns or All-Pro recognition, which might now be his best hope after missing Thursday’s game.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:02 AM, MrPositive said:

This is so great, especially with throwing in. "Moron" lmao

2 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is this guy gonna play this week or what?

He’s playing

7 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

He better play I'm sitting Ertz tonight for him 

Probably should start a healthy Ertz over a questionable Gronk at this point.

Edited by ccimore

^I wouldn’t. Belichick lists Gronk as questionable every week. 

Edited by Fiveohnine

29 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

^I wouldn’t. Belichick lists Gronk as questionable every week. 

Why?  Ertz is an elite TE at this point and you're assured of him playing where as Gronk could very well not play this week.  He burned a lot of owners last week.  I prefer Gronk too but I'd wait til he's more of a sure thing if I had Ertz as an option.

Edited by ccimore

I’m confused by the whining in here. Were you not aware of what you were signing up for when you drafted him?

From everything I can gather he’s playing this weekend. Fire him up. Worst case scenarios there are guys like Griffin and Kittle sitting out in FA if you need an emergency start anyway.

Edited by kidsgotsoul

If you have ertz and gronk then you should have started ertz and flexed gronk...that way you can still sub him out.  Why would you only play one of them if you can flex the other?

I own him so he will either sit out again or dazzle us with a 3-30 performance. If you have Ertz, trade Gronk ASAP as he just sucks ( because he is always hurt )

I wouldn’t flex a TE. Even a poor blocker like Ertz or Reed is still going to block a lot depending on game flow. I would sell one or the other for RB/WR though. 

9 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I wouldn’t flex a TE. Even a poor blocker like Ertz or Reed is still going to block a lot depending on game flow. I would sell one or the other for RB/WR though. 

Idk. I have been stacking Ertz and Gronk all year, and it has worked wonderfully. 

Seems like NE is really in conserve mode with Gronk so far this year. I mean he's been out with a thigh contusion. 

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

It's not that cut and dry, Ertz & Gronk are both startable players that will get more points that a lot of other people's flex options.  How you wound up with both on your team is another question entirely but if you have them both I'd personally be starting them both whenever they both are active.

2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Gronk Smashhhh this weekend? how do the jets do against TE's?

Gronk Decoyyyy...he will probably be on a snap count if he plays at all

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Gronk Decoyyyy...he will probably be on a snap count if he plays at all

Grooooooonkkkk Smaaaasshhhh!