Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

Best offers I could get for him were of the Darkwa and Duke Johnson variety.  Not much real interest right now.

Why is there no interest in gronk? I am making a play for him

8 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

Best offers I could get for him were of the Darkwa and Duke Johnson variety.  Not much real interest right now.

I'd take either. Doyle won't play unless Gronk goes down. RB depth is huge. If it's PPR Duke is a stud.

20 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Not sure.  More tight ends stepping up their game this year I guess.  I’m in a 10 teamer, so people might just feel they can more successfully stream.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Same boat. Tried to trade him but trading has become nonexistent in the past couple of years.

WHY ARE Y'ALL TRYING TO TRADE HIM!?!?

7 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Pretty sure op was referring to trading Doyle

6 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Nobody's trying to trade him. The original post was talking about if's it necessary to have a backup TE like Doyle and someone replied  that no one wanted to trade for Doyle.

42 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

In my league there is still interest in Gronk, but the Gronk owner is acting like he is still the Gronk of old where there is no other TE even close to him.

I think it's reasonable to say many people would be just as happy with Kelce or Ertz over Gronk, and plenty would rather have Kelce or Ertz over Gronk. A lot of Gronk's value came due to the fact that he was head shoulders above all the other TEs. Well, now he's not, and may not even by the TE1, so you are not going to get nearly the haul for gronk as you may have 2-3 years ago.

I likely confused the topic or misread myself.  I can’t trade gronk (I have Engram, need RB depth).

seems to be extremely undervalued in the trade market.

44 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

In my league there is still interest in Gronk, but the Gronk owner is acting like he is still the Gronk of old where there is no other TE even close to him.

I think it's reasonable to say many people would be just as happy with Kelce or Ertz over Gronk, and plenty would rather have Kelce or Ertz over Gronk. A lot of Gronk's value came due to the fact that he was head shoulders above all the other TEs. Well, now he's not, and may not even by the TE1, so you are not going to get nearly the haul for gronk as you may have 2-3 years ago.

i actually dumped gronk and a rb for kelce and a rb. granted my trading partner is a pats homer so it worked that way for me.

gronk does have that fear factor when you play against him though. 

Gronk owners, are you backing him up with another TE in case of injury? Grabbed Olsen off the WW as insurance but hate having to hold two TEs with a few stash worthy players on the WW in Josh Gordon, Crowder and Booker. 

1 minute ago, ree10 said:

Gronk owners, are you backing him up with another TE in case of injury? Grabbed Olsen off the WW as insurance but hate having to hold two TEs with a few stash worthy players on the WW in Josh Gordon, Crowder and Booker. 

Having a TE to back up Gronk is like having to pay for car insurance. You don't like writing that check every month, but you are sure glad you did when the worst case scenerio happens. 

Depends on how much of a risk taker you are, how many teams in league, how many bench spots, what active roster spots, etc. But, yes, I have handcuffed Gronk all year with Engram. 

2 hours ago, mpaynejr said:

I likely confused the topic or misread myself.  I can’t trade gronk (I have Engram, need RB depth).

seems to be extremely undervalued in the trade market.

I was in same situation (Gronk and Engram) and sold Gronk off to bolster my WR and RB groups, but I will admit that I got a pretty weak return for him.  My main motivation for trading Gronk was to avoid the inevitable devastating injury, so I wasn't super pressed to get a huge return, just wanted to mitigate my risk really.

31 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I was in same situation (Gronk and Engram) and sold Gronk off to bolster my WR and RB groups, but I will admit that I got a pretty weak return for him.  My main motivation for trading Gronk was to avoid the inevitable devastating injury, so I wasn't super pressed to get a huge return, just wanted to mitigate my risk really.

what did you get? 

bout a month ago, I flipped

Gronk+Eli+AndreEllington

for

Cousins+Ingram

about two weeks later, he proposes the same deal, in reverse. pretty funny move on his part. 

Cousins hasn't lit the world on fire (2QB league) and my Tight End situation is horrible... so I'm not sure who really won the trade any more  

@ChicksDigTheOPS

I did Gronk+JJ Nelson for Demaryius+Crowell

Before I get flamed into non-existence, allow me to provide some context.  This was back between weeks 2 and 3, at which time:

- Gronk was banged up and only put up a couple points week 1

- Siemian hadn't yet turned back into a pumpkin

- Crowell was still a "good buy low"

- Had Engram ready to slot right in at TE

- Had just lost DJ which meant if Gronk went out my season would be all but over, had to make my team more sustainable

2 hours ago, ree10 said:

Yep. I have Gronk paired up with Doyle, and I’m ‘A-OK’ with that combination for the rest of the season.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I’m not really a fan of punting or streaming TE’s, so I’m fine with holding two of them.

Every TE other than Gronk is JAG unless your backup is Kelce or (maybe) Ertz, in which case you should probably still trade him away for a RB/WR.

1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

Every TE other than Gronk is JAG unless your backup is Kelce or (maybe) Ertz, in which case you should probably still trade him away for a RB/WR.

you forget Engram and Olsen

Personally I think I was generous to even mention Kelce and Ertz. I mean yeah, they're putting up similar points.  But Gronk is basically NE's WR1. He leads a very good team with a very good passing offense in targets.

The same can't be said for any other TE. Maybe Kelce, although KC has always been run first.

Hogan will be ruled out this week, expect Gronk to be a target monster.

I'm in a 12 tm std league and usually don't carry more than 1 TE unless for bye week. But with the trade deadline in my league on Sat and so few steady contributors at TE this yeah, I have Gronk/Reed/Kroft. Looking to package Kroft + wr or rb for and upgrade. Reed was just dropped so I scooped him up off waivers as possible trade bait but also because there isn't upside like that on waivers that I can plug into my flex for the playoffs. Olsen can possibly be a great choice at flex for you when he comes back from IR. I think he has more upside than the players you named looking to stash 

Just traded Gronk for Hunt after getting rid of Demarco and Adams for Keenan. Good bye sweet prince. I'll always love you