Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

This all but confirms that Gronk's "party fun boy" attitude isn't what is going on.

He's just an absolute moron with the IQ of my left foot. Good riddance. Hope he gets 2 games.

3 hours ago, DemonFF said:

What's the precedent here? How likely is a suspension?

A month or so ago, Mike Evans got suspended 1 game for a very similar cheap shot style  hit.

League loves giving out 1 game suspensions. It probably won't be 2 like Crabtree and Talib but even that was brought down to 1.

Goddell has absolutely no consistency with the what suspensions get handed out. To say he’s getting suspended for sure means you know more than the mouth breather Goodell himself.  AJ Green and Ramsey got 0 games because they were thrown out of the game. Crabs and Talib get 2 because ummm sure why not?  I honestly believe Rodg has no idea and no rhyme or reason why he does the dumb s--- he does.  I think it helps that Gronk isn’t some repeat offender. He’s not exactly Vontez. 

4 minutes ago, Goblue356 said:

Goddell has absolutely no consistency with the what suspensions get handed out. To say he’s getting suspended for sure means you know more than the mouth breather Goodell himself.  AJ Green and Ramsey got 0 games because they were thrown out of the game. Crabs and Talib get 2 because ummm sure why not?  I honestly believe Rodg has no idea and no rhyme or reason why he does the dumb s--- he does.  I think it helps that Gronk isn’t some repeat offender. He’s not exactly Vontez. 

Tez got 3 games for that. 3 games. It was prob just a reputation suspenion, but at first, I think it was a 5 game suspension. It’s not even dirty

16 minutes ago, Goblue356 said:

With all that said, fine and suspension still coming

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

This all but confirms that Gronk's "party fun boy" attitude isn't what is going on.

He's just an absolute moron with the IQ of my left foot. Good riddance. Hope he gets 2 games.

Best Gronk owners can hope for is a 1 game suspension that on appeal is lowered to a game check fine IMO.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Bills fan?

34 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Tez got 3 games for that. 3 games. It was prob just a reputation suspenion, but at first, I think it was a 5 game suspension. It’s not even dirty

LOL, it's dirty, it was his rep, and it was a preseason game.  Burfict should not be in the league anymore.

Just now, Nap Time said:

LOL, it's dirty, it was his rep, and it was a preseason game.  Burfict should not be in the league anymore.

Oh, you’re one of those people. 

He hit a guy late. It happens all the time. 

I think it’ll only be a fine unless the media decide to make a bigger deal of it than they have so far. 

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

I bet you said the same thing when Mike Evans took out that Saints cornerback 

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I bet you said the same thing when Mike Evans took out that Saints cornerback 

That would be a dumb bet and a dumb thing to say.

The Evans hit was part of an altercation between two other guys and had nothing to do with him in the first place.

The fact that the Evans play was worse and only one game is only more reason for a fine only with this one. 

11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I think it’ll only be a fine unless the media decide to make a bigger deal of it than they have so far. 

looks like an intentional cheap shot ..but yeah just a late hit bro ..just gronk being gronk ah haaa saturdays r for the bois

Comparing it to the Mike Evans thing, where he jumped into a fight, is dumb. And even that was only one game. 

I mean Gronk may get suspended, especially if the media start to make a big deal of it. But I doubt Goodell pays much attention to a bunch of random guys on Twitter and RW. 

AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey completely threw down on the field and didn’t even get one game between them. So either way there’s no real logic to it. My personal guess is just a fine though. 

Edited by Fiveohnine

11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Comparing it to the Mike Evans thing, where he jumped into a fight, is dumb. And even that was only one game. 

I mean Gronk may get suspended, especially if the media start to make a big deal of it. But I doubt Goodell pays much attention to a bunch of random guys on Twitter and RW. 

AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey completely threw down on the field and didn’t even get one game between them. So either way there’s no real logic to it. My personal guess is just a fine though. 

Green and Ramsey were ejected. Gronk wasn't. Big difference in the eyes of the league. 

14 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

??

mike Evans didn't run into a fight. The CB shoved Winston once, started walking away (without Winston or any buc on the sideline chasing him) and then Evans came out of left field and clobbered him. 

Gronk will definitely be suspended. Even all the former players on NFL network were calling for it. It was a disgustingly dirty play with the only intent being to hurt the guy. Calling it just a late hit is being intentionally misleading. 

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Green and Ramsey were ejected. Gronk wasn't. Big difference in the eyes of the league. 

Big difference in the eyes of the league AND the refs, who didn’t think it even warranted an ejection.

Comparing it to the Mike Evens thing is dumb, since he came in way after an incident that had nothing to do with him. Ramsey and Green was WAY worse than both Gronk and Evans and they didn’t even miss a full game. 

But ok. If NFL Network is making a big deal of it I guess we’ll see. I think it mostly depends on ESPN tonight and tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

If NFL Network is making a big deal of it I guess we’ll see. 

watched that hideous Deion/LT/Rose wrap up show, and neither ex-player thought it warranted suspension ... said it was an uncalled for/dumb play, but that they didn't see how Gronk gets any time off for it. 

Best case scenario (for me): 1 game susp, he appeals, loses and plays week 14 and serves 1 game suspension week 15. Crazier things have happened I guess, just this year.