Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Best case scenario (for me): 1 game susp, he appeals, loses and plays week 14 and serves 1 game suspension week 15. Crazier things have happened I guess, just this year. 

yeah, and worst case scenario for Patriots ... week 15 they are taking on the Stillers in Pittsburgh in a game that will likely decide home field through the AFC playoffs - you can bet your arse that if a one game suspension is handed down that there will be no appeal, as they face the Dolphins next week ... now, we all know "any given Sunday", but, c'mon ... they won't really need Gronk to squish the Fish - and, tbh, Hoodie runs circles around Mush Mouth Mike (Tomlin) on the reg, and i think they beat Pittsburgh without Gronk,  but Hoodie still will need all hands on deck for week 15.

tl;dr - if he gets one game it will not be appealed.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

watched that hideous Deion/LT/Rose wrap up show, and neither ex-player thought it warranted suspension ... said it was an uncalled for/dumb play, but that they didn't see how Gronk gets any time off for it. 

The earlier crew all called for it - Warner, Faulk, Irving and co. 

as a side note, I think LT and Deion are hilarious, am I the only one? 

Damn that dirty hit.  I'm expecting a 1 game suspension. Nasty hit.

Thing is it was terrible PI on that play a number of times. Guy grabs his jersey two different times and then wraps his arm around his waist before the ball gets there.  Refs blew that one bigtime.  Gronk was pissed but that is no excuse to clobber a guy on the ground.

But maybe the refs could have actually done their job on that play....

11 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

He hit a guy late. It happens all the time. 

I think it’ll only be a fine unless the media decide to make a bigger deal of it than they have so far. 

Youre either ignorant or a Gronk owner. 

9 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

It was a dirty hit. The guy was clearly out of bounds. I'm a Pats fan. Gronk will probably lose a game. 

Have Gronk in 2 leagues. Sucks that he might miss a game, especially against Miami who has been absolute garbage at guarding TE, but Gronk needs to be suspended.

Absolutely a dirty hit and have no doubt he will be punished for it.

Edited by TheLegacy

3 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

It was a dirty hit. The guy was clearly out of bounds. I'm a Pats fan. Gronk will probably lose a game. 

Not to mention a pointless cheap shot to the back of the guys helmet when he is on the ******** ground. I hope he gets 2 games. Scumbag move 

As a Gronk owner, I'm shrugging the suspension off since my league actually plays the full 17-weeks, and our playoffs don't start until Week 15 (playoff spot is locked up as well already).

But damn on the timing for leagues that start the playoffs in Week 14.

I'm a Gronk owner myself, and am fully expecting a suspension for that cheap shot. With all the discussion about head injuries in football these days, if they don't suspend him for driving a prone player's head into the ground from behind like that, the NFL might as well just go ahead and cancel the "Heads Up Football" program. Totally uncalled for. Then again, AJ choked and punched someone multiple times and didn't get suspended, so I suppose you never know.

(Just hoping things break right tonight to earn me a first-round bye...)

1 minute ago, jnormy said:

I'm a Gronk owner myself, and am fully expecting a suspension for that cheap shot. With all the discussion about head injuries in football these days, if they don't suspend him for driving a prone player's head into the ground from behind like that, the NFL might as well just go ahead and cancel the "Heads Up Football" program. Totally uncalled for. Then again, AJ choked and punched someone multiple times and didn't get suspended, so I suppose you never know.

(Just hoping things break right tonight to earn me a first-round bye...)

Stop comparing what AJ did to what Gronk did. 

Ramsey and AJ were being chippy all game, back and forth. AJ was ejected and is also notoriously a nice guy, great player. 

This was a case of Gronk, a known manchild, acting like a moron, playing reckless abandon with another man's head who is defenseless on the ground. 

If Talib and Crabtree were originally suspended for two games for their little back and forth, I would assume this has to be at least 2 games. This was way worse than that. Straight cheap shot. I am saying this as unbiased non-Gronk owner.

I guess another question could be if he isn't suspended -- is Papa Bill going to punish Gronk for being a douche? It's not like they will need him against the Dolphins next week...

57 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

It was a dirty hit. The guy was clearly out of bounds.

That's definitely not true.  If he was clearly out of bounds, Gronk's teammate would not have run over and tagged him as he lay on the ground.

Just now, Nap Time said:

That's definitely not true.  If he was clearly out of bounds, Gronk's teammate would not have run over and tagged him as he lay on the ground.

He tagged him just because the player was down. He was out of bounds though.

12 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

looks like an intentional cheap shot ..but yeah just a late hit bro ..just gronk being gronk ah haaa saturdays r for the bois

That was definitely pass interference on the defender, and I'm thinking the defender was already concussed from hitting the ground while making that catch - Gronk just exacerbated it with the elbow to the head.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Not to mention a pointless cheap shot to the back of the guys helmet when he is on the ******** ground. I hope he gets 2 games. Scumbag move 

Yeah, calm down Mother Theresa. Gronkowski is not a dirty player at all and has no history of this at all. He clearly snapped and made a bad move. If it was Ndamakong Suh or Kiko Alonso, you could extrapolate it out to a pattern of behavior. I honestly can't recall Gronk doing a dirty hit before. But he did, and so the league will probably either fine or suspend him. But cool your jets on your self-righteous moralizing, or trying to extrapolate it out to some larger pattern of behavior. 

Gronk's hit while cheap and late as hell was atleast somewhat in the context of a football play.

That's why I think it may differ from the Evans, Talib etc situtations.

I mean even the Bills players didn't go nuts over the hit when it happened.  They were more like WTF?

The thing that may influence the league though was that White might have gotten a concussion from that hit.

4 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Gronk's hit while cheap and late as hell was atleast somewhat in the context of a football play.

That's why I think it may differ from the Evans, Talib etc situtations.

I mean even the Bills players didn't go nuts over the hit when it happened.  They were more like WTF?

The thing that may influence the league though was that White might have gotten a concussion from that hit.

How TF is what Gronk did "in the context of a football play"??  The man was touched down, laying half out of bounds, a full second and a half goes by and he puts an elbow/shoulder into the guys head, driving it into the turf.  It was an obvious intent to injure, no question.  He was frustrated at being held and let his emotions get the better of him and he apologized, i get it...but it doesn't excuse what he did and it sure as hell was not anything close to a football play.

And White did get concussed...he's in the protocol now.  I think 87 should get multiple weeks.

Edited by wayzupusc

9 hours ago, fakespike said:

Best case scenario (for me): 1 game susp, he appeals, loses and plays week 14 and serves 1 game suspension week 15. Crazier things have happened I guess, just this year. 

This would be the worst case scenario for me.  I have one more regular season game then week 15 is the playoffs

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Stop comparing what AJ did to what Gronk did. 

Ramsey and AJ were being chippy all game, back and forth. AJ was ejected and is also notoriously a nice guy, great player. 

This was a case of Gronk, a known manchild, acting like a moron, playing reckless abandon with another man's head who is defenseless on the ground. 

Except I didn't compare them, so there's no need for me to stop. :-) 

All I was saying is that if multiple punches and a chokehold aren't grounds for a suspension, no decision the NFL makes (or doesn't make) would surprise me. 

Should be a big fine, and/or a game, but I think a fine is most likely.  Has he ever been disciplined before?