Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Robrain said:

As a Gronk owner, I'm shrugging the suspension off since my league actually plays the full 17-weeks, and our playoffs don't start until Week 15 (playoff spot is locked up as well already).

But damn on the timing for leagues that start the playoffs in Week 14.

I'm lucky enough to have a bye first week. But still one never knows what might happen with the NFL and suspensions and then appeals etc.  I just want to see this decided and wrapped up ASAP.  Hopefully something is decided and this doesn't linger for multiple weeks.

I wasn't aware until just now that the guy he hit got a concussion.  This will definitely be a one game if not two game suspension.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

"context of a football play"????

nice try

I'm stretching the meaning by far, but there's a difference to me between throwing punches and coming down hard on a guy that just made an interception 1 second after he was touched down.

BS play no doubt, but different than those other situations.  It kinda reminds of those things that Suh did after the whistle.  Dirty play, but may just be fine worthy.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Stop comparing what AJ did to what Gronk did. 

Ramsey and AJ were being chippy all game, back and forth. AJ was ejected and is also notoriously a nice guy, great player. 

This was a case of Gronk, a known manchild, acting like a moron, playing reckless abandon with another man's head who is defenseless on the ground. 

What the hell are you talking about? Pretty sure Gronk is a well liked and well respected guy around the league. I've never known him to be dirty or impulsive in the past. He's no Aqib Talib, that's for sure.

But I guess some of you self-righteous nancy boy types are using this opportunity to grab your torches and pitchforks.

It was a cheap shot, and uncalled for. He probably deserves a one or two game suspension. I'm sure if you had it your way, he wouldn't be seeing a football field until 2019 so that 'justice was served'.

1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

I'm stretching the meaning by far, but there's a difference to me between throwing punches and coming down hard on a guy that just made an interception 1 second after he was touched down.

BS play no doubt, but different than those other situations.  It kinda reminds of those things that Suh did after the whistle.  Dirty play, but may just be fine worthy.

Nah, Gronk pile-drove, in anger, a defenseless player who was clearly touched down.  And the player got concussed.  Even Greedy Goodell can't look the other way and let Gronk play and pump up the ratings for the Pats next game.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nah, Gronk pile-drove, in anger, a defenseless player who was clearly touched down.  And the player got concussed.  Even Greedy Goodell can't look the other way and let Gronk play and pump up the ratings for the Pats next game.

I mean I hope he does get suspended because my opponent has him, but I just don't see it being as bad as those other things people are comparing it to.

Maybe I've been watching too much WWE.

WTF.  Playoffs start week 14 in my league.  I'm done.

He apologized and knows he did wrong. Accept the suspension like a man. He will appeal and lose though

Yes, he's appealing per Schefter.

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

Yeah, and lose.

I agree, I don't see how he would win this appeal.  Hitting someone defenseless in the head.....

Ricky Seals-Jones might be available. Some people probably dropped Engram in bad leagues. Same goes for Hunter Henry after a bunch of dud weeks. Brate might also be available. And I agree with picking up the Eagles' Burton. He should be a good stream option if Ertz misses a game/s.

How quick is the appeals process? Is he going to miss this week regardless? Or is there a scenario in which he appeals, plays in Week 14, loses appeal and is suspended for week 15?

Everybody (the public, the Patriots & the NFL) is pretty much in agreement that this suspension was appropriate. I severely doubt they approve his appeal. It sucks, but Gronk is an idiot for doing this and he has to live with the consequences. Hopefully we all survive & he comes out with his bald head on fire the rest of the year because of it. 

41 minutes ago, affliction said:

He apologized and knows he did wrong. Accept the suspension like a man. He will appeal and lose though

Yes he did apologize immediately after the game.  Gronk is not a dirty player and he admitted he felt terrible he let his emotions in the moment cost the guy and cost his team.

I don't get why the appeal but maybe that is almost like an automatic thing everyone does.  Why, I don't know.  Maybe the players union expects it?  But the appeal will definitely be turned down.  Even New England fans were saying he deserved a suspension even before the concussion diagnosis came back.  And better to be out next week versus Miami then the following week vs Pittsburgh.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

45 minutes ago, addicted2ff said:

Great. Now my playoff run depends on Eric "Butterfingers" Ebron.

Lol me too - at least he had a better showing last week and maybe get's Eli back (good or bad)