Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

Who cares?   He was not "clearly" out of bounds.  And that's what matters.

Half his body was laying out of bounds. Just stop it.

42 minutes ago, devaster said:

Half his body was laying out of bounds. Just stop it.

You're just being argumentative.  :rolleyes:  Unplug from the forum for a day and relax.

It's blatantly obvious that he looked in bounds to Gronk.  That's why the other Steeler tagged him.

52 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Pats should just take the punishment w/o appeal. 

They don't need him v MIA.

They don't need him period. But us fantasy owners need him like a baby needs his mother's tittie. I am in my closet lighting incense to raise the dead and hopefully the fantasy gods of old will send their spirits to those of new and give my #2 pick back for a week 14 matchup

Edited by Fearfulways

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

:rolleyes:

They won a superbowl last year with him eating skittles with marshawn and conan at the marriot hotel game room did they not?

Gronk isn't typically dirty. So imho players who have a first moment of wtf... I think should get fined but suspended on the 2nd offense. I don't know what gronk did.. The only think I initially thought was he was maybe just torpedoing himself in there to jar the ball loose.... But I mean, one of the weirdest looking moments I can recall lol

7 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Who cares?   He was not "clearly" out of bounds.  And that's what matters.

It doesn't matter if the player is in bounds or out of bounds. All a player needs to do when the ball carrier is on the ground is touch him to end the play. Even if Gronk hit him like that in bounds before the play was blown dead it would still warrant a penalty/suspension.

I own Gronk in my most important league. It sucks... But it happened. Your time would be better spent figuring out who to play in his place than trying to argue that he shouldn't be suspended. 

I still think the notion of jarring the ball loose is plausible, I think he just lost himself in the heat of the moment and dove at the guy tryin to do so, not really realizing the full scope of the situation. Gronk has no history that I know of for being dirty, that's only reason I'm lookin at it from different angles despite obviously losing him for the week. 

7 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I still think the notion of jarring the ball loose is plausible, I think he just lost himself in the heat of the moment and dove at the guy tryin to do so, not really realizing the full scope of the situation. Gronk has no history that I know of for being dirty, that's only reason I'm lookin at it from different angles despite obviously losing him for the week. 

It's impossible to jar the ball loose from a player who is lying on the ground. Once you touch them the play is over. A player who has been in the league as long as Gronk isn't going to forget that. There is no excuse for what he did. For the love of God, please stop hoping for the suspension to be withdrawn.

Who is everyone picking up to play next week? 

4 minutes ago, thirdeye said:

It's impossible to jar the ball loose from a player who is lying on the ground. Once you touch them the play is over. A player who has been in the league as long as Gronk isn't going to forget that. There is no excuse for what he did. For the love of God, please stop hoping for the suspension to be withdrawn.

Who is everyone picking up to play next week? 

It's a forum so... Relax. I can't stand when people for some reason want to forum police just because they disagree. I'll hope for an appeal until my nipples fall off if I want to. 

Second of all yes that's great and all but in the heat of the moment players do things. I've seen guys dive into piles for no reason after plays seem long dead tryin to male something happen , or dive at a QB a good second or two after the slide, I've seen many stupid plays where the player is being overly aggressive about it... I'm wanting to simply believe gronk things he can knock the ball out in the heat of gameplay.

Edited by Savatage79

9 hours ago, Fearfulways said:

They won a superbowl last year with him eating skittles with marshawn and conan at the marriot hotel game room did they not?

Pretty sure they had Edelman and Hogan at that time did they not?

Edited by affliction

Watching this whole thing on twitter, TV and the boards unfold the past couple days...

One thing I have learned is there is no shortage on fake outrage, fake morals and people who say things because its whats expected. 

Should not have been suspended if AJ Green can rear naked choke hold.

Yes, the NFL gave up a lot of justification in suspensions like this when you allow Green and Ramsey to not get suspended when they didnt even show remorse. A rear naked choke and body slam is not as bad as an elbow? OK.

Am I to think a broken neck is any less then a elbow to a helmet? Stop the fake morals, its pathetic and embarrassing as the NFL fan has become the softest of all fans. NBA fans mock the NFLs softness now. Baseball players say I can throw at peoples heads and hit them and just get a warning, then do it again and only miss one of my 25 starts. 

Call me morally bankrupt, which I dont care, but I am not fake like most here. I have no care Gronk did a forearm shiver to a football player, and I dont care he hurt him. If that happened in the MMA we would have gotten aroused, so spare me. 

All of you here crying, are full of it... Period. Seems to be a thing on the internet where people have the fake outrage as if people on the internet actually care about a scrub CB for Buffalo. And yes, I care about football players as much as they care about me. I'm not fake, I wont pretend on internet like you just because its expected. I have no care about a player who does not benefit me in my winnings or fantasy. I dont. The only thing different between me and all of you...I'm honest about it.

What type of football fan wants Gronk off the field because he forearmed a person in a helmet? Not me, I want more of it...I want my football violent...like it was created to be. To me, I am here for entertainment, not the health of people I will never meet. I am supposed to care about Tre White? No, I care about Gronk playing for my entertainment and fantasy team. If not for the NFL you wouldnt care about White.

Someone called that the dirtiest hit they have ever seen, STOP IT! lol I guess seeing a rear naked choke body slam is not dirty. The BS is over flowing. 

The NFL conditioned me to think this way about the game by not suspending a rear naked choke and tolerating it, so I will tolerate this. 

Edited by Mavis

The sport you’re looking for already exists and its called MMA not football.

Edited by C10

23 minutes ago, C10 said:

The sport you’re looking for already exists and its called MMA not football.

Not football, then why did a rear naked choke followed by a body slam and 12 punches not get someone suspended?

A rear naked choke, body slams and punches are actual MMA moves, but go on with your fake morals...

See the predicament you put yourself in when you try to defend the indefensible? 

A forearm shiver can not and should not warrant a suspension if a rear naked choke, body slam and punches didnt. 

Also, doesnt change the point that people dont care, they just wanna pretend the do because thats what is expected. 

Edited by Mavis

4 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

He admitted that he took a cheap shot and apologized for it. 

Why are you making excuses for a man who already took full blame for his bonehead action? 

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He admitted that he took a cheap shot and apologized for it. 

Why are you making excuses for a man who already took full blame for his bonehead action? 

Didn't see him say that, on that note then yea was just pure stupidity. However I still think a fine is justifiable since this was his first offense. 

7 hours ago, thirdeye said:

It doesn't matter if the player is in bounds or out of bounds. All a player needs to do when the ball carrier is on the ground is touch him to end the play. Even if Gronk hit him like that in bounds before the play was blown dead it would still warrant a penalty/suspension.

True.  Why are you responding to me?  It was "gimme the ball" who said he was out of bounds and that it mattered:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/638830-rob-gronkowski-2017-season-outlook/?do=findComment&comment=7610180

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This wasnt his first incident. Dude is a douche like the pats. Its fitting.

I have watched gronk plenty and never seen anything like that 

7 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Lmao are you blind? He stood up and looked at him then decided to body slam him. He knew what he was doing!

10 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Lmao are you blind? He stood up and looked at him then decided to body slam him. He knew what he was doing!

Do you know what a body slam is? 

Here I'll show you 

6 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Do you know what a body slam is? 

Here I'll show you 

He slammed his body, but thanks for the video. Sorry you are without Gronk :) 

10 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I've already won close to a grand so I'm not that worried if I ultimately lose, I have 3 other teams going as well so that's just how it goes 

4 hours ago, Mavis said:

Watching this whole thing on twitter, TV and the boards unfold the past couple days...

One thing I have learned is there is no shortage on fake outrage, fake morals and people who say things because its whats expected. 

Should not have been suspended if AJ Green can rear naked choke hold.

Yes, the NFL gave up a lot of justification in suspensions like this when you allow Green and Ramsey to not get suspended when they didnt even show remorse. A rear naked choke and body slam is not as bad as an elbow? OK.

Am I to think a broken neck is any less then a elbow to a helmet? Stop the fake morals, its pathetic and embarrassing as the NFL fan has become the softest of all fans. NBA fans mock the NFLs softness now. Baseball players say I can throw at peoples heads and hit them and just get a warning, then do it again and only miss one of my 25 starts. 

Call me morally bankrupt, which I dont care, but I am not fake like most here. I have no care Gronk did a forearm shiver to a football player, and I dont care he hurt him. If that happened in the MMA we would have gotten aroused, so spare me. 

All of you here crying, are full of it... Period. Seems to be a thing on the internet where people have the fake outrage as if people on the internet actually care about a scrub CB for Buffalo. And yes, I care about football players as much as they care about me. I'm not fake, I wont pretend on internet like you just because its expected. I have no care about a player who does not benefit me in my winnings or fantasy. I dont. The only thing different between me and all of you...I'm honest about it.

What type of football fan wants Gronk off the field because he forearmed a person in a helmet? Not me, I want more of it...I want my football violent...like it was created to be. To me, I am here for entertainment, not the health of people I will never meet. I am supposed to care about Tre White? No, I care about Gronk playing for my entertainment and fantasy team. If not for the NFL you wouldnt care about White.

Someone called that the dirtiest hit they have ever seen, STOP IT! lol I guess seeing a rear naked choke body slam is not dirty. The BS is over flowing. 

The NFL conditioned me to think this way about the game by not suspending a rear naked choke and tolerating it, so I will tolerate this. 

Tranquilo papi

32 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Oh, yeah... I care about my players only, not those who do not benefit me. Sucks I am without him, good thing I have Graham in that league. But why do we constantly want to pretend sports fans care about everyone? We dont. I know the NFL plays on Sunday, but this isnt church.