Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, Mavis said:

Watching this whole thing on twitter, TV and the boards unfold the past couple days...

One thing I have learned is there is no shortage on fake outrage, fake morals and people who say things because its whats expected. 

Should not have been suspended if AJ Green can rear naked choke hold.

Yes, the NFL gave up a lot of justification in suspensions like this when you allow Green and Ramsey to not get suspended when they didnt even show remorse. A rear naked choke and body slam is not as bad as an elbow? OK.

Am I to think a broken neck is any less then a elbow to a helmet? Stop the fake morals, its pathetic and embarrassing as the NFL fan has become the softest of all fans. NBA fans mock the NFLs softness now. Baseball players say I can throw at peoples heads and hit them and just get a warning, then do it again and only miss one of my 25 starts. 

Call me morally bankrupt, which I dont care, but I am not fake like most here. I have no care Gronk did a forearm shiver to a football player, and I dont care he hurt him. If that happened in the MMA we would have gotten aroused, so spare me. 

All of you here crying, are full of it... Period. Seems to be a thing on the internet where people have the fake outrage as if people on the internet actually care about a scrub CB for Buffalo. And yes, I care about football players as much as they care about me. I'm not fake, I wont pretend on internet like you just because its expected. I have no care about a player who does not benefit me in my winnings or fantasy. I dont. The only thing different between me and all of you...I'm honest about it.

What type of football fan wants Gronk off the field because he forearmed a person in a helmet? Not me, I want more of it...I want my football violent...like it was created to be. To me, I am here for entertainment, not the health of people I will never meet. I am supposed to care about Tre White? No, I care about Gronk playing for my entertainment and fantasy team. If not for the NFL you wouldnt care about White.

Someone called that the dirtiest hit they have ever seen, STOP IT! lol I guess seeing a rear naked choke body slam is not dirty. The BS is over flowing. 

The NFL conditioned me to think this way about the game by not suspending a rear naked choke and tolerating it, so I will tolerate this. 

Disgruntled Gronk owner huh?

5 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

Disgruntled Gronk owner huh?

Sure, but I also shared the same view in the JuJu thread...I like violence in my game, like it was intended. I am more of a disgruntled football fan. Game has gotten soft. You act like a game of gotcha matters to me. 

I am a Gronk owner and bitter he got suspended, now whats your rhetoric after I admit it? See, thats why people call it trolling. I refer to it like Eminem in 8 mile, you take away the insults they cant use them. I have no morals when it comes to this game, I am a fan who is out for me. Like I said, the difference is I admit it, others dont. 

I do expect Gronk to get laid out when he plays the Bills again, and you know what...I am OK with that, it means Gronk will play the game differently and put the Pats at a disadvantage. The nuance of the game.

Also, I dont see anyone getting upset at the hits at the knees like Julio last week when its a popular player sentiment that they want you to hit them high instead of the knees. 

Edited by Mavis

1 minute ago, Mavis said:

No, I also shared the same view in the JuJu thread...I like violence in my game, liek it was intended. I am more of a disgruntled football fan. Game has gotten soft. You act like a game of gotcha matters to me. 

I am a Gronk owner and bitter he got suspended, now whats your rhetoric after I admit it? See, thats why people call it trolling. I refer to it like Eminem in 8 mile, you take away the insults they cant use them. I have no morals when it comes to this game, I am a fan who is out for me. Like I said, the difference is I admit it, others dont. 

I do expect Gronk to get laid out when he plays the Bills again, and you know what...I am OK with that, it means Gronk will play the game differently and put the Pats at a disadvantage. The nuance of the game.

Also, I dont see anyone getting upset at the hits at the knees like Julio last week when its a popular player sentiment that they want you to hit them high instead of the knees. 

I agree that football has gotten too soft but what Gronk did was uncalled for. He definitely deserves to be suspended. You can't make late hits like that and ultimately give someone a concussion. 

Just now, Baldy8 said:

I agree that football has gotten too soft but what Gronk did was uncalled for. He definitely deserves to be suspended. You can't make late hits like that and ultimately give someone a concussion. 

Maybe, but then again, you cant rear naked choke someone and AJ Green did and didnt get suspended. 

Please just take the suspension so I can have you for weeks 15 and 16. Getting the suspension delayed would be the worst possible outcome here.

1 hour ago, atrium said:

Please just take the suspension so I can have you for weeks 15 and 16. Getting the suspension delayed would be the worst possible outcome here.

That's not possible.

Where would you guys take Gronk next year in a draft? First round? Second round? He did manage to stay healthy all year. Gauging how satisfied fellow owners are with his season

7 minutes ago, atrium said:

Where would you guys take Gronk next year in a draft? First round? Second round? He did manage to stay healthy all year. Gauging how satisfied fellow owners are with his season

I would think he would be in the conversation of a 2nd/early 3rd round pick as of right now, he missed two games and TE is still a wasteland (Wentz's injury muddies Ertz's 2018, at least the first part of it). There will be plenty of new players entering/re-entering the 1st and 2nd round pick territory (Kareem Hunt, Adam Thielen, DeAndre Hopkins moves up, Alvin Kamara, etc.) so I don't think he is back to being a 1st rounder quite yet.

Edited by MoonBlaster

Just now, MoonBlaster said:

I would think he would be in the conversation of a 2nd round pick as of right now, he missed two games and TE is still a wasteland (Wentz's injury muddies Ertz's 2018, at least the first part of it). There will be plenty of new players entering/re-entering the 1st and 2nd round pick territory (Kareem Hunt, Adam Thielen, DeAndre Hopkins moves up, Alvin Kamara, etc.) so I don't think he is back to being a 1st rounder quite yet.

Kelce has been making a case for being more consistently great year-to-year too and his ADP has been in the 3rd round

Pittsburgh is #1 in the NFL in DVOA vs. TEs and #1 in fewest fantasy points given up to TEs. 

19 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Pittsburgh is #1 in the NFL in DVOA vs. TEs and #1 in fewest fantasy points given up to TEs. 

I imagine Shazier had a lot to do with that.

58 minutes ago, chpatte4 said:

His loss cannot be overstated

1 hour ago, chpatte4 said:

Also Steelers numbers are weighted with craptastic opponent matchups/situations recently:

wk 12 - GB (minimal TE utilization)

wk 13 - CINCI (trainwreck city)

wk 14 - BAL (minimal TE utilization)

Not saying it's a great matchup, but maybe not as bad as numbers on paper suggest.

12 hours ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Also Steelers numbers are weighted with craptastic opponent matchups/situations recently:

wk 12 - GB (minimal TE utilization)

wk 13 - CINCI (trainwreck city)

wk 14 - BAL (minimal TE utilization)

Not saying it's a great matchup, but maybe not as bad as numbers on paper suggest.

Also, it's Gronk... contemplating benching him in a semi-final week against anybody is overmanagement 

15 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

The Pats need him. It showed. Hope we see some Gronk Spikes this weekend.

This. Brady looked lost out there without his gronk safety blanket.

17 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Being a Steelers D owner the past month (cutting them for someone else this week) and a Gronk owner for the season, I have zero fear.   I've watched the Steelers closely and the D is awful as of late.  Yes, everyone will attribute that to Shazier, which while a factor, isn't the only culprit.  They are having trouble doing basic things.  Their zone coverage people are picking apart.  They can't generate a pass rush.  They can't stop the run.  They are a team the offense is dictating what they want to do to them and daring the Steelers D to stop them, and they are failing miserably.  

They've also played some of the weakest QB's in the game due to their schedule.  I don't see how this team could do anything like what the Dolphins, especially with Gronk being back.

Shazier is Pitt Best coverage LB against TE.  Now that he’s out Gronk will feast.  Let’s enjoy the ride guys

Must start obviously in a terrible matchup with Brady scuffling.