Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

That has to be a special feeling being able to have a Gronk on your team. 

Going up against him this week at crunch time was terrifying. 

1 minute ago, Wynter12 said:

That has to be a special feeling being able to have a Gronk on your team. 

Going up against him this week at crunch time was terrifying. 

3 for 70 and a 2pt reception in the last 2 minutes of the game. Gronk is a beast. 

25 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

He's good

I second that.

In seasons past, I always bypassed Gronk because I was convinced that he was too pricey.  Some of my skeptical posts appear in the early pages of Gronk's thread.  Lo and behold though, the more I considered the arguments of the Gronk truthers, the more I became open to embracing Gronk as a good draft day option under the right circumstances.  As it turns out, in 2 of 3 drafts, he ended up the best option, and off I went.  Except for his brain fart two weeks ago, I have not been disappointed. 

TE can be such a frustrating cesspool.  A player that makes you love the position is pure gold.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Might finish behind kelce as the top scoring TE but it should be very close and did so in two fewer games. 

This guy guy was a rock solid investment this year at a position that has been a general crapshoot for the most part. 

Really only had 3 dud games all year, 6 monster games and 3 above average games. 

Yup, no regrets snagging Gronk early. Has been a monster more often than not.

Hopefully he’s got one of his classic 3 TD games for the finals!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:41 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

I second that.

In seasons past, I always bypassed Gronk because I was convinced that he was too pricey.  Some of my skeptical posts appear in the early pages of Gronk's thread.  Lo and behold though, the more I considered the arguments of the Gronk truthers, the more I became open to embracing Gronk as a good draft day option under the right circumstances.  As it turns out, in 2 of 3 drafts, he ended up the best option, and off I went.  Except for his brain fart two weeks ago, I have not been disappointed. 

TE can be such a frustrating cesspool.  A player that makes you love the position is pure gold.

The steep price tag can be difficult to stomach on draft day and I understand arguments on both sides of taking Gronk early. 

But Gronk (when healthy) is about as sure of a thing as you will find in the 2nd round of drafts (or any round for that matter). Sure, you could probably build a better team taking a WR/RB in the 2nd round and waiting on TE in the later rounds, but this strategy relies on two things: that your 2nd round WR/RB does not "bust" and that you find even decent production from your late(r) round TE.

Gronk provides an incredible advantage at one of the most difficult positions to fill in fantasy and actually serves as a viable WR1 when comparing the numbers. Gronk is currently just out of the top 10 (PPR) at the WR position and this is after missing two games. 

I think aside from gurley this guy was the hands down best value pick out of the first two rounds. 

Look at the busts or underperformers among the consensus top 20 picks. Outside of Brown, Bell and Gurley I don't think anyone can be argued over Gronk this year, and Bell and Brown were going top 5 picks. 

playing against brady, so hopefully his touchdowns are washes as he throws to gronk. in 2 of my leagues i drafted gronk 2nd round, feels good not to have to worry about streaming TE. set it and forget it although Kelce aint bad also and probably a round or 2 later. i feel like your opponents fear going up against gronk as he can have a 2 td 80 yard + game any time. 

So, i paid way too much a few years ago trading for Gronk in my keeper league. After 3 years of injuries and letdowns, the trade finally paid off based on that final drive against the steelers and Gronk smashing my squad into the ship. Will always think highly of the guy going forward even if I have decided to keeper engram over him next season (10th round compared to 1st keeper prices)

Anyone here have any concerns that this may be a retaliation game for the bills?  Maybe take some cheap shots at gronk?

14 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

Anyone here have any concerns that this may be a retaliation game for the bills?  Maybe take some cheap shots at gronk?

Even if it is, it’s not like you aren’t going to start him. Can’t really be thinking or worrying about that at this point. If it happens, it happens.

have a feeling this is a multi TD week but modest yardage totals as they will be able to run all over the Bills with Lewis

Gronk truthers are the worst. Dude missed 2 games, 1 because he's a dumb oaf, and scored single digits in 5 of the 12 he played. 

All of a sudden he's the best value in the draft aside from Gurley?

Kamara?

Ingram?

Adams?

Thielen?

So much overreaction. Wasting a high pick on TE is usually a death sentence, and it's clear nobody has owned him outside of this season since he's a regular on the DL. Dude has more risk than 99% of the players in the NFL. Will never, ever consider drafting him before the 4th. 

22 hours ago, nbay23 said:

Unless a Bills player pulls out a knife and stabs him I wouldn't be concerned.

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Gronk truthers are the worst. Dude missed 2 games, 1 because he's a dumb oaf, and scored single digits in 5 of the 12 he played. 

Kamara?

Ingram?

Adams?

Thielen?

So much overreaction. Wasting a high pick on TE is usually a death sentence, and it's clear nobody has owned him outside of this season since he's a regular on the DL. Dude has more risk than 99% of the players in the NFL. Will never, ever consider drafting him before the 4th. 

I guess you missed the part where he said in the first two rounds. Gurley is certainly in this conversation. 

But to your point, Adams has had 5 games in single digits and is likely going to miss a game or two due to a concussion. So I guess he is trash. Thielen has 6 games of single digits so he is trash also. 

Anyway, Ingram was probably the best draft day value of 2017. Kamara has been great but he wasn't necessarily a target in drafts but has easily

been the best waiver acquisition of the year. 

And yes Gronk has suffered his share of injuries, like most NFL players do. However, Gronk has likely won many people championships in his earlier and healthier years, but I guess you never owned him aside from those years he was injured. 

25 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I guess you missed the part where he said in the first two rounds. Gurley is certainly in this conversation. 

But to your point, Adams has had 5 games in single digits and is likely going to miss a game or two due to a concussion. So I guess he is trash. Thielen has 6 games of single digits so he is trash also. 

Anyway, Ingram was probably the best draft day value of 2017. Kamara has been great but he wasn't necessarily a target in drafts but has easily

been the best waiver acquisition of the year. 

And yes Gronk has suffered his share of injuries, like most NFL players do. However, Gronk has likely won many people championships in his earlier and healthier years, but I guess you never owned him aside from those years he was injured. 

Nowhere in my post did I say Gronk was trash. But to call him 2nd best value of 24 players is a joke. 

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Nowhere in my post did I say Gronk was trash. But to call him 2nd best value of 24 players is a joke. 

Your tone said it all. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Kamara?

Ingram?

Adams?

Thielen?

So much overreaction. Wasting a high pick on TE is usually a death sentence, and it's clear nobody has owned him outside of this season since he's a regular on the DL. Dude has more risk than 99% of the players in the NFL. Will never, ever consider drafting him before the 4th

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Can't put words in someone's mouth friendo. That's unfair. 

Okay, guy.