FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, Tenner said:

I'd look to add him if he is dropped. Saints have started at least 0-2 in 2014, 2015, 2016, and now 2017. So they are always a dumpster fire to start the season. 

The blocking is absolutely dog piss right now. Our starting tackles are out. They should return in 3-4 weeks. The Saints defense has given up 1000 yards of offense in 2 games. 

When the blocking gets better = Peterson's stock will rise. 

When the defense get better = Peterson's stock will rise. 

tenor.gif

He is almost droppable now, but I can't do it just yet. He is getting carries at least, and if he were dropped I know I would look into picking him up. I'll hold for now..

I have two waiver claims in on a team and he's one of my drops. He isn't startable and I'm not even sure you can call him a lottery ticket. What's the jackpot? I can't answer that question and therefore can't justify a roster spot for him 

Edited by Bluecore

Drop AP now, he is garbage, the saints will take till week 4 or 5 to figure out ingram and kamara are their path to victories.

By that time they will be 0-4 and out of the playoffs and from that point on will put on an offensive show at home and crap out on the road.

All this will seemingly coincide with the return of Willie Snead.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

19 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

I have two waiver claims in on a team and he's one of my drops. He isn't startable and I'm not even sure you can call him a lottery ticket. What's the jackpot? I can't answer that question and therefore can't justify a roster spot for him 

jackpot is a trade to the Cardinals or another team that could be good and have the gamescripts to run the ball alot. highly unlikely but that's about the only way i can see him being relevant, being handed the starting RB role on a team that is competent enough to be ahead in the 2nd half.

Edited by dakimbell

5 hours ago, dakimbell said:

jackpot is a trade to the Cardinals or another team that could be good and have the gamescripts to run the ball alot. highly unlikely but that's about the only way i can see him being relevant, being handed the starting RB role on a team that is competent enough to be ahead in the 2nd half.

CJ0K is a better option than AP at this point.  Unless someone else goes down in AZ it's never happening.

The issue that some fantasy owners might face is the prospect between holding onto AP in the hope that he does eventually return to his former ways with the Saints versus dropping him in favor of someone that is more likely to be relevant right now.

For example, I own AP in my half PPR league and took a gamble on him in the back half of the draft. Currently my bench consists of ODB, Hyde, AP, Stewart, Winston, Henry and Amendola (IR spot). My starting RBs are currently Gurley and Cook, my two starting receivers last week were Crabtree and Watkins, my starting tight end was Ertz, and my flex player was Landry. Now AP is not getting into any of those starting positions and based on my existing bench he would be the last person I would bring into the team as a flex option. So that leaves me in the predicament over whether to continue to stash AP in the hope he comes good, or whether I drop him for someone that is more relevant. I could decide to ditch AP and pick up Chris Carson who might be Seattle's new workhorse, or perhaps add JJ Nelson and bet on him continuing to be a go to option for Carson Palmer. I could even go for Jason Witten because he's scored 14.5 and 20 points in week one and two and there's worse flex options to have in a half PPR league than Witten based on current form. 

So in a sense I think the prospect some of us face right now is that flavor of the week additions are starting to emerge and people are going to need to make room on their bench to get them. Now depending on the size of your league, someone like AP could be your most drop worthy player because he's done nothing to date and his workload doesn't look likely to get bigger. For me, I would have no issue dropping AP, but like others have said, I could also be one of those that would pick him up if I had a drop worthy player. But that is merely based on what AP has been in the past, now what he currently is, and I think we need to wipe away that nostalgia and realise AP of old is probably gone (or at least he is with the Saints). 

HOLD do not drop, wait it out

so many things could happen, release, trade, etc. yatta yatta on the saints hes useless but id put money he ends the year on another team so just use the roster spot and wait hes gonna cause so many problems on the saints they will want him gone

my take

AP is out to prove a point.  He certainly wont' sit quietly if he doesn't get the carries to do so(he's already complained once).  I own him and as someone else said here, if he was dropped i'd definitely pick him up to stash him .  So , as I won't be starting him, i'd definitely hold

lol @ wasting a roster spot on this bum.  He needs to go to a run first team in order to be effective, yet he’s too damn old to carry the full load required.  He’s done, and that’s a wonderful thing. 

21 hours ago, PointGawd0 said:

When was the last time a RB traded during the season?

Christine Michael, maybe?

He's not getting traded. He isn't that great anymore and a team isn't going to go through the trouble of trading for him and trying to get him aclimated into their system. It's a short season.

Nope, he has been on my waivers and I'd rather wait on Bilal Powell than lotto AP.

Too many Saint RB mouths to feed and they aren't run first anyway.

35 minutes ago, hubbell525 said:

Can someone talk me out of dropping him?

No. The "Free AP hashtag" is too little too late. AP should be with the NY Giants. Saints have said they won't trade him. He's in jail in NO. I'll just restate what HOF RB Eric Dickerson said on Fox Sports today  ---- "free AP!!" ... unfortunately, the Saints are going to keep AP in jail. Drop for sure.

So many people saying he sucks.  I mean, come on.  He's arguably one of the greatest RBs in history and not far removed from his prime.  Two years ago he put up big numbers and last year he was hurt.  He hasn't proven that he sucks yet by having a bad year and at age 31 with the shape he's in I'm not going to doubt him.

He looks like he's running well, problem is they don't want to give him carries.  Why even bother signing him?  And why on earth did AP decide to go to NO in the first place?  Bad decision by both parties.  I hope he becomes such a pain in the butt for the Saints they are forced to do something.  I have no doubt that he can still get the job done.

That all said, I'm probably dropping him.  It ain't happening in NO and hoping he lands on another team before the season gets too old feels like a pipe dream.  I need wins now and his 2 points per game suck even when he's parked on my bench.  I say drop him, let someone else pick him up and use up one of their roster spots.

I think he has something left in the tank and could still be good in the right situation. That said he's a drop I think. There's always risk dropping someone and I've been burned before by doing it too early but I'm relatively confident he's not going to be able to produce this year in New Orleans. At least not consistently enough that you could ever use him. Meanwhile there are guys popping up on waivers every week that actually have a decent shot at helping my team or at least have major upside.

He used to be one of my favorite fantasy players of all time, but now I loathe him. Just choking the value of Ingram/ Kamara. Nothing else.

9 minutes ago, mverkruyse said:

Anyone watch the game? Box score makes it seem like he's a pretty easy drop candidate after 3 weeks of nothing.

He should never have been drafted to begin with

I wouldn't drop Peterson yet. He'd see a full workload if Ingram goes down with an injury. Kamara is more of a receiving back for now.