FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, rcarena said:

Charles is one of the greatest running backs in league history. His knees were also thought to be shot and he hadn't seen considerable action for nearly two years. 

The idea isn't you'd draft either guy thinking his ceiling is/was to come in and split carries. You would have drafted Peterson with the hope of standalone GL carries for now and a potential Ingram injury/benching later on. You would have drafted Charles with the hope of his efficiency on few touches yielding standalone value for now and his workload increasing later on. 

EPIC FAIL is seeing situations as concrete and refusing to look ahead. 

really?

DID look ahead, and i am on record in this thread as predicting (before the season started) that AP would be cut by mid season.  

so, yeah ... EPIC FAIL on anyone who drafted that dinosaur, no question. 

?

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

really?

DID look ahead, and i am on record in this thread as predicting (before the season started) that AP would be cut by mid season.  

so, yeah ... EPIC FAIL on anyone who drafted that dinosaur, no question. 

?

Man, a 5th or 6th rounder didn't pay off? Great call, bro. They're all such sure bets and you avoided the trap. EPIC WIN!

4 minutes ago, rcarena said:

Man, a 5th or 6th rounder didn't pay off? Great call, bro. They're all such sure bets and you avoided the trap. EPIC WIN!

he gone, baby ... it's ok, you can still watch highlights from 2012 and swoon for this clown. 

oh, and it's not that he didn't "work out", genius ...  the mindless sycophants swinging from this guys sack predicted "ZOMG!!!11! HUGE WITH BREES!!1!!1GOAL LINE LOVE!!!1!11!  YAYYYY FOR OUR HERO!!1!!!!1" :lol:

seeing him FLOP is one of the more satisfying developments in all my years of magick foosball - SEE YA!

?

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he gone, baby ... it's ok, you can still watch highlights from 2012 and swoon for this clown. 

oh, and it's not that he didn't "work out", genius ...  the mindless sycophants swinging from this guys sack predicted "ZOMG!!!11! HUGE WITH BREES!!1!!1GOAL LINE LOVE!!!1!11!  YAYYYY FOR OUR HERO!!1!!!!1" :lol:

seeing him FLOP is one of the more satisfying developments in all my years of magick foosball - SEE YA!

?

Yea, I agree here. You were not betting on just AP. You were betting the Saints totally changing as a team. He literally had nothing in his favor. His odds were better in Minnesota.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

?

Ah, a dumb troll. Nevermind then. 

14 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you all should've sold high on him for Eddie Lacy or a backup K after his three point EXPOLOSION last week 

:lol::lol::lol:

Have you never drafted a fantasy bust in the 7th round or beyond? You must drop 140 points every week and never lose.

On August 8, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Lamont Sanford said:

In a current fantasy RB landscape that has fewer and fewer valuable options, your plan is to avoid two very good RBs in the backfield of one of the best offenses in football, instead hitching your wagon to the unproven rookie behind both of them? 

With all due respect, I don't get how owners that share this line of thinking could possibly compete, RB-wise. There are fewer than 10 RBs who aren't in some kind of committee, and many of them have other questions of their own to be answered. Are you also avoiding the backfields of NE, GB, ATL, TEN, SEA, DEN, DET, CLE, CIN, etc?

Working out so far. Anybody still on the AP sucker train?

I still don't understand why the Saints signed him unless they were doing to f-with AP or Vikings.  He's never been given the chance there.  It' mind boggling why Saints signed him.

Now that Dalvin Cook is injured the Saints should try to trade Peterson to the Vikings.  Peterson can get a swan song with the Vikings, and the Vikings can get a starting tailback that averages less than 2.0 yards per carry and broods on the sideline for more work.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you all should've sold high on him for Eddie Lacy or a backup K after his three point EXPOLOSION last week 

Legatron all but tripled AP's point production for the season yesterday in Dallas :lol:

oh, and Lacy?  there's a dude who is in line to get burn ... my, how things change - well, except for the fact of AP being the hottest garbage and the most foolish gold of preseason 2017. 

"This Guy SUCKS!"

Quite possible he played his last down with the Saints yesterday

Just now, metalmat said:

Quite possible he played his last down with the Saints yesterday

Are you saying that based off something you have heard on local radio/read? Or just your feeling?

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Are you saying that based off something you have heard on local radio/read? Or just your feeling?

Obviously just a feeling.

When they make it official, i will start ingram and kamar as a RB2 and a flex every week.

15 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

I still don't understand why the Saints signed him unless they were doing to f-with AP or Vikings.  He's never been given the chance there.  It' mind boggling why Saints signed him.

C'mon, who would sign someone to F with them or their former team?  They are paying the guy.  

But I'm with you, and I'd love to hear an explanation from the Saints about what logic went into signing him.... It makes no sense at any level, unless he is some kind of insurance policy if Ingram went down again.  But even if that happened, still doesn't make sense.  You HAVE to be a very good pass catching RB to play in that system, which AP never was.  Seems like they'd be better off with Khiry Robinson.  

All I can think of, is they believed their Defense was going to be legit this year.  So they wanted a clock-killing grinder instead of having Brees chuck the ball around 600 times.... and they don't trust Ingram to hold up the full season in that kind of role.  

I would not mind seeing if AP had anything in the tank if he were in the right situation.  I don't think there is much, but stranger things have happened.  He would be better off back in Minnesota, or Baltimore.  

1 minute ago, SpartanEric said:

C'mon, who would sign someone to F with them or their former team?  They are paying the guy.  

But I'm with you, and I'd love to hear an explanation from the Saints about what logic went into signing him.... It makes no sense at any level, unless he is some kind of insurance policy if Ingram went down again.  But even if that happened, still doesn't make sense.  You HAVE to be a very good pass catching RB to play in that system, which AP never was.  Seems like they'd be better off with Khiry Robinson.  

All I can think of, is they believed their Defense was going to be legit this year.  So they wanted a clock-killing grinder instead of having Brees chuck the ball around 600 times.... and they don't trust Ingram to hold up the full season in that kind of role.  

I would not mind seeing if AP had anything in the tank if he were in the right situation.  I don't think there is much, but stranger things have happened.  He would be better off back in Minnesota, or Baltimore.  

The reason is pretty simple imo. 

The Saints (Payton) hate Ingram. They hate him for whatever reason. So the Saints sign AP on April 25th, just two days before the NFL draft starts. Then they end up drafting Kamara. Maybe they didn't think/know they would get the RB they wanted, but it seems clear they wanted some insurance behind Ingram. 

Just weird they hate Ingram and even weirder they would sign AP who doesn't fit their offense. At all.

On 9/29/2017 at 3:51 AM, Vegemite2 said:

Have you never drafted a fantasy bust in the 7th round or beyond? You must drop 140 points every week and never lose.

He clearly has a lot of experience making the right calls. 

Now, excuse me, I'm off to the Isaiah Crowell thread to boast about how I roster him nowhere and pepper my posts with LOLs! and a fair share of ROFLMAOs. Because that makes me smart!!

6 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

You don't have to be a great pass catcher ... Ingram wasn't until recently, and guys like Robinson and Ivory were zeroes there.

I imagine they thought they were getting a Tim Hightower with added juice, but 1. They underrated how Peterson might struggle with protection 2. Kamara earned much more work than expected initially and 3. He might simply be washed, regardless of system.

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Mainly just my feeling but go check the news on him, the rumblings out of the local Saints reporters have been getting louder. I would compare him to Hightower but.... Hightower was actually a far better fit. AP has no burst left, is no help in pass protection and not involved in the passing game. He is just not helping the team out and it is painfully obvious, there is no reason Payton should be wasting touches on Peterson that should be going to Ingram or Kamara.  Loomis has no problem flushing that AP contract down the toilet and taking the loss.

Even if Ingram does happen to get injured, which is an obvious possibility given his history, I'm not sure how much Peterson would offer if he took over Ingram's roll. I sure have not seen anything in 4 games to amount to any shred of optimism 

22 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

The reason is pretty simple imo. 

The Saints (Payton) hate Ingram. They hate him for whatever reason. So the Saints sign AP on April 25th, just two days before the NFL draft starts. Then they end up drafting Kamara. Maybe they didn't think/know they would get the RB they wanted, but it seems clear they wanted some insurance behind Ingram. 

Just weird they hate Ingram and even weirder they would sign AP who doesn't fit their offense. At all.

I don't think they hate Ingram i think it's more like payton is dissatisfied or feeling like he settled with him Sort of like when you buy a new car and u don't get the upgrade with the better handling, heated seats and wood and leather trim. Same car gets you back and forth but as long as u own the car u  think about how you should have bot the upgrade because those heated seats would be real nice in the winter. You don't hate the car but you know you could have been happier with the upgrade. . .:D

Just now, dashoe said:

I don't think they hate Ingram i think it's more like payton is dissatisfied or feeling like he settled with him Sort of like when you buy a new car and u don't get the upgrade with the better handling, heated seats and wood and leather trim. Same car gets you back and forth but as long as u own the car u  think about how you should have bot the upgrade because those heated seats would be real nice in the winter. You don't hate the car but you know you could have been happier with the upgrade. . .:D

Are you saying Kamara is that upgraded car with heated seats and nice leather trim?

Just now, burninglegs said:

Are you saying Kamara is that upgraded car with heated seats and nice leather trim?

Remains to be seen, right now I think Karma is the new waverunner that everyone on the lake wants to use becuase it looks like so much friggin fun