FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

I've come to the realization that Payton is living in the past and continues to mishandle many pieces on his offense. Maybe Brees is the issue, but I really think it comes down to the coaching staff and scheme/play-calling. Why did they even sign AP if they never planned to utilize him in the manner at which he excels? Payton has a history now of terrible signings of players that end up being miscast in his schemes and never pan out.

Cooks was criminally underused. Cooks should have been borderline Antonio Brown with Brees slinging it. Bush was always underused and miscast. Graham was the last player they really used well and got the most out of. Deuce before him? Have a hard time buying into anything Payton does these days. He needs to go imo.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I've come to the realization that Payton is living in the past and continues to mishandle many pieces on his offense. Maybe Brees is the issue, but I really think it comes down to the coaching staff and scheme/play-calling. Why did they even sign AP if they never planned to utilize him in the manner at which he excels? Payton has a history now of terrible signings of players that end up being miscast in his schemes and never pan out.

Cooks was criminally underused. Cooks should have been borderline Antonio Brown with Brees slinging it. Bush was always underused and miscast. Graham was the last player they really used well and got the most out of. Deuce before him? Have a hard time buying into anything Payton does these days. He needs to go imo.

While it can be a bit mind boggling watching Payton rotating RBs I have to disagree with you that Payton is "mishandling many pieces on his offense". Under Payton the Saints have always been a top offense, he and Brees are obviously doing something right on that side of the ball.

Payton likes adding new shiny "toys" to his offense and AP just happened to be the apple in his eye this offseason. They had a decent bit of cap space and the allure of Peterson boosting up the Saints offense is a gamble he wanted to take. Payton and company have no problem moving on from players not working out with the system, good or bad. Cooks, Graham, Spiller, Stills, etc..... all shipped out. With the way they have been steadily reducing Peterson's roll it is looking more and more to me that Payton is indirectly admitting to his mistake and is ready to move on. We shall see

1 minute ago, metalmat said:

While it can be a bit mind boggling watching Payton rotating RBs I have to disagree with you that Payton is "mishandling many pieces on his offense". Under Payton the Saints have always been a top offense, he and Brees are obviously doing something right on that side of the ball.

Payton likes adding new shiny "toys" to his offense and AP just happened to be the apple in his eye this offseason. They had a decent bit of cap space and the allure of Peterson boosting up the Saints offense is a gamble he wanted to take. Payton and company have no problem moving on from players not working out with the system, good or bad. Cooks, Graham, Spiller, Stills, etc..... all shipped out. With the way they have been steadily reducing Peterson's roll it is looking more and more to me that Payton is indirectly admitting to his mistake and is ready to move on. We shall see

At this point I think that has a lot more to do with Brees than it does with Payton. He keeps adding pieces they get underused and/or miscast. Did Payton think he could transform Peterson into a different kind of RB? Brees is bailing him out imo.

I know the NY Giants have no o-line but I would certainly love to see AP get traded there and get more consistent touches then be buried in NO and not at least get the shot to produce. He's shown flashes this year that he's still got it.

5 minutes ago, elite said:

I know the NY Giants have no o-line but I would certainly love to see AP get traded there and get more consistent touches then be buried in NO and not at least get the shot to produce. He's shown flashes this year that he's still got it.

Must've been quite the short flash because I watch their games and I missed it

I'd just like to see him go back to Minnesota and finish out his career.

6 minutes ago, Robrain said:

At least AD is finishing out his career well in my Madden '18 franchise. Don't have to worry about real life Payton getting in the way of that.

Why is this thread still being bumped?

Dude is worthless on this team. Drop him and move on. Odds are you used a late, late pick on him anyways. He's washed up and doesn't fit the team.

1 hour ago, Robrain said:

I really, really want you to update your team in your signature. That one is from 2015 but I am dying to know who is on your squad now.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

At least AD is finishing out his career well in my Madden '18 franchise. Don't have to worry about real life Payton getting in the way of that.

...Saints signed him in my Madden 25 franchise once his contract expired...

8 minutes ago, dsrich said:

I really, really want you to update your team in your signature. That one is from 2015 but I am dying to know who is on your squad now.

3 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

I saw a couple of strong runs. Not a lot of obviously but I wouldn't say he's done for. (<-- only true if he stays on NO)

5 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

He had a 9 yard run in week 1.

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He had a 9 yard run in week 1.

EPIC!!1!1111!

GIVE THIS FOO' THE ROCK!!1!

:lol::lol::lol:

20 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He needs a trade or force a cut

$2.5 million cap hit for the Saints with $3.5 million in cap space.

He should come to Washington.

Kelley is injured. Samaje Perine is a scrub. Chris Thompson could spell out AP. Skins have a good o-line and a strong passing game. 

What are the chances of this guy getting traded? Been reading a few rumblings.  Might be worth holding on your bench if he could he moved on soon?

19 minutes ago, Wrighty said:

What are the chances of this guy getting traded? Been reading a few rumblings.  Might be worth holding on your bench if he could he moved on soon?

Really depends on where he ends up I guess but not worth holding until then.

Serious question - Has anyone (besides those in really deep leagues) not cut ties yet?

3 minutes ago, hype said:

Serious question - Has anyone (besides those in really deep leagues) not cut ties yet?

only one reason for those who (inexplicably) haven't ...

mancrush-thumb.jpg

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

39 minutes ago, hype said:

me

Maybe they at least brought Peterson in as insurance for Ingram who played 16 games just twice in 6 years coming into this season...

Maybe they thought by adding defensive guys, getting Ginn to (lol) replace Cooks, Fleener with a year to get more assimilated into the offense,  Sinead and Michael Thomas' continued ascension that they had a real super bowl shot while Brees tries to squeeze out some more greatness before riding off into the sunset...

If Ingram were to go down and it became Peterson as the thunder and Kamara as the lightning maybe the Saints figured they would be ok without Ingram....

At this point I'd rather see Peterson get traded to a rb needy team who would use him, but I doubt the Saints would do that considering if Ingram were to go down I don't think Kamara could be a three down back, nor would they want to have him and his bright future absorbing so much abuse in a potentially lost season....

2 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

Maybe they at least brought Peterson in as insurance for Ingram who played 16 games just twice in 6 years coming into this season...

Maybe they thought by adding defensive guys, getting Ginn to (lol) replace Cooks, Fleener with a year to get more assimilated into the offense,  Sinead and Michael Thomas' continued ascension that they had a real super bowl shot while Brees tries to squeeze out some more greatness before riding off into the sunset...

If Ingram were to go down and it became Peterson as the thunder and Kamara as the lightning maybe the Saints figured they would be ok without Ingram....

At this point I'd rather see Peterson get traded to a rb needy team who would use him, but I doubt the Saints would do that considering if Ingram were to go down I don't think Kamara could be a three down back, nor would they want to have him and his bright future absorbing so much abuse in a potentially lost season....

All good points. Just seems the Saints could have gotten a cheaper alternative like De'Angelo Williams or one of the other FA RBs to come in for cheaper money that would have fit this offense better than AP. His style of playing doesn't fit.