FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

good thing i held .  :D

I think AP is determined to show that he's not some guy who has nothing left as evident by him being outspoken about playing time.  LT was willing to accept a backup role when he signed with the Jets  and i don't remember him complaining.   Some vets just know they're done.  AP doesn't, and I think (as someone here said before) that because he's the main guy now you'll see him run hard.  That alone i think is worth at least rb2 value here

Lol at anyone think he's not totally cooked. And even if he did have juice left he's got just about the worst possible run blocking line to work with.

Anyone have any insight on the poor Oline play? Heading into the season, pff had them ranked 17th. Are they just vastly underperforming or have they been decimated by injuries already?

1 minute ago, FinsUp24 said:

Anyone have any insight on the poor Oline play? Heading into the season, pff had them ranked 17th. Are they just vastly underperforming or have they been decimated by injuries already?

Arizona's line has sucked for years. 

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Arizona's line has sucked for years. 

Yeah I know they haven't been great in recent years, but they are ranked dead last in the league now

50 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Lol at anyone think he's not totally cooked. And even if he did have juice left he's got just about the worst possible run blocking line to work with.

Add this to the fact he’s never been an asset in a shotgun/pass receiving role - even when he was the best RB in the league - and ooooooh the upside 

4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Add this to the fact he’s never been an asset in a shotgun/pass receiving role - even when he was the best RB in the league - and ooooooh the upside 

Yeah and Ellington is very good at catching passes 

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

So much for the splitting carries.

All the hate is what is irrational (and I'm not AP fan, that's for sure).  It is ok to be pissed if you dropped him, but don't chastise folks who see AP as a big upgrade from CJ, which he absolutely is.  CJ has been awful since taking over the lead role.

AP isn't the AP of old, and he should be criticized for thinking he is, but if AZ really commits to him, some good things could happen.  Losing Iupati for the year certainly hurt, but they may get both Humphries and Boone back this week.  AP has had very little work so far this season, so he'll be fresh and fired up.  I would be very surprised if he fizzles.  More likely than not, he instantly becomes a clear positive for an AZ offensive unit that desperately needs a shot in the arm. 

I don't have him anywhere nor did I draft or drop him. He's not very good anymore I'll see you in three weeks to re quote you again. 

Some stats

Saints line avgs 1.61 yards before contact. 

Cards line avgs 0.68 yards before contract

72 of Peterson's 81 yards have come after contact. 

5 hours ago, Panthor said:

ARI may not have a great line but neither did MIN in a lot of the years he was there.

The year AP rushed for 2000+ yards, we had four good offensive linemen in CJ, Sullivan, Fusco and Loadholt. Loadholt was a huge reason to why AP did so well. Just wanted to defend my team, because that is the damn fact.

I can't wait until AP proves everyone wrong.  I mean, he might not obviously, but I'm not sure how people can be so certain.  Like, what are you basing that on?  His 6 carries a game in NO?  Or his 37 carries last year?  The year before that he was balling so it can't be that.

Sorry, just isn't enough of a sample size the past two years.  You basically have zero games from this year and 2 from last year.  Look how many backs have terrible games here and there.  Sorry, but I put zero stock into the past two years.  

He's AP, not some average RB.  I think he deserves a bit of the benefit of the doubt.  He's 32 (not that old though it is old in RB years) and still in awesome shape.  He should be rested, lol.  I want to see 15+ carries for a few games before I write him off.  At this point he's a WW pickup, so what are people risking?  Some of us need the help and if you do then he's probably worth a shot.

39 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

If you're willing to pick David Johnson #1 overall then AP is at least worth a waiver pickup. 

I'm not even desperate for RB help but I'm using my #1 waiver priority to grab him just in case. 

Definitely worth a speculate add. Who would have thought jerrick McKinnon would be a hot ww add? Football is weird sometimes

How are owners of David Johnson feeling about picking up Peterson? If Peterson can perform at all, it seems like an decent bridge to Johnson's return. If he does return, that is.

3 hours ago, leesanity7 said:

The year AP rushed for 2000+ yards, we had four good offensive linemen in CJ, Sullivan, Fusco and Loadholt. Loadholt was a huge reason to why AP did so well. Just wanted to defend my team, because that is the damn fact.

Word. I feel like most years AP performed well in spite of his line (something almost no other back was capable of) but there are definitely a few years that your line was really good. 

Edited by miasma16

2 hours ago, Dream On said:

I can't wait until AP proves everyone wrong.  I mean, he might not obviously, but I'm not sure how people can be so certain.  Like, what are you basing that on?  His 6 carries a game in NO?  Or his 37 carries last year?  The year before that he was balling so it can't be that.

Sorry, just isn't enough of a sample size the past two years.  You basically have zero games from this year and 2 from last year.  Look how many backs have terrible games here and there.  Sorry, but I put zero stock into the past two years.  

He's AP, not some average RB.  I think he deserves a bit of the benefit of the doubt.  He's 32 (not that old though it is old in RB years) and still in awesome shape.  He should be rested, lol.  I want to see 15+ carries for a few games before I write him off.  At this point he's a WW pickup, so what are people risking?  Some of us need the help and if you do then he's probably worth a shot.

Obviously he is worth grabbing off of waivers....the question is over who else and at what pick?

He looked terrible last year before he had season ending surgery.....he is well past the RB cliff in terms of age, carries, abuse.....the Arizona offensive line generates .77 yards before contact this season.

New Orleans obviously saw plenty of AP and decided to move on. So that is probably what people are basing their skepticism on.

2 hours ago, Dream On said:

Perfect user name. Figures you'd have faith in AP 

6 minutes ago, gus030 said:

The dump I take in the morning after a White Castle night > Adrian Peterson

+10 for the White Castle reference

I've been watching football for three decades. I've watched so many players get tossed around at the end of their careers. Sadly they usually think they can still do it because in their mind they can however physically they cannot anymore. They usually end up on some desperate terrible team and fade away to nothing. This is what A Football Life is made of.

It is now Peterson's turn in 2017.

23 minutes ago, montgrove said:

I've been watching football for three decades. I've watched so many players get tossed around at the end of their careers. Sadly they usually think they can still do it because in their mind they can however physically they cannot anymore. They usually end up on some desperate terrible team and fade away to nothing. This is what A Football Life is made of.

It is now Peterson's turn in 2017.

Sort of what happens to all great athletes in most sports.

He hasn't gotten a full workload yet.  If you judged Zeke by his first 6-8 carries each game this year I think it would be ugly.  Lots of upside if he is on ww but who knows how it will turn out.

Totally worth a speculative add. I'd burn an early waiver wire pick for him. Can't discount the importance of opportunity, there's literally no one there to challenge him for carries. Plus Palmer can at least keep defenses honest with Fitz, jaaron, john brown, and JJ Nelson. Tempered expectations but there's potential here.