FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

9 hours ago, AJJones said:

I am excited to see how many carries he gets and hopefully he makes me eat crow. We all miss old AP.

You can love old AP and still acknowledge the reality that he is currently nowhere near as good 

I have so much left,” Peterson said. “I look to play at least four to five more years, God willing. I have a lot left in the tank. Stay tuned and you guys will be able to see that first-hand.”

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Peterson is “a violent runner who still has it. He’s not 22 anymore, but he still pours it up in there and is very exciting.”

For the time being, Peterson will be staying with his friend, Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald offered Peterson use of his guest house.

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have so much left,” Peterson said. “I look to play at least four to five more years, God willing. I have a lot left in the tank. Stay tuned and you guys will be able to see that first-hand.”

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Peterson is “a violent runner who still has it. He’s not 22 anymore, but he still pours it up in there and is very exciting.”

For the time being, Peterson will be staying with his friend, Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald offered Peterson use of his guest house.

Imagine what a dump Fitz's guest house must be.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

LBNqrhI.gif

Maybe the Saints got him so fired up for not playing him that he will come out running like a Russian Bull.  Maybe. ??‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

An entire guest house? Does he pay utilities on that thing year-round?!

I'd assume so, but I'm sure his guest house's guest house only has utilities turned on seasonally.  

I don't understand why all the AP hate to the point where I read that people wont even spend their WW pick on him!  I get it, he's not he AP of old but he has 3 things going for him.   

Firstly He's determined - I don't think the Saints would have traded him if AP didn't have anything to do with it.  He was clearly unhappy there and was outspoken about it.  He wants to be the main guy.  Secondly an NFL team traded for him, so the cardinals must think he's worth something  and he can produce .  3rd, he's a starting RB in the 10th ranked offense in the league. Granted he won't be there on 3rd downs, but 15-20 touches a game with GL work is reasonable  What else could people ask for, for free!?

Edited by nk3323

9 hours ago, nk3323 said:

I don't understand why all the AP hate to the point where I read that people wont even spend their WW pick on him!  I get it, he's not he AP of old but he has 3 things going for him.   

Firstly He's determined - I don't think the Saints would have traded him if AP didn't have anything to do with it.  He was clearly unhappy there and was outspoken about it.  He wants to be the main guy.  Secondly an NFL team traded for him, so the cardinals must think he's worth something  and he can produce .  3rd, he's a starting RB in the 10th ranked offense in the league. Granted he won't be there on 3rd downs, but 15-20 touches a game with GL work is reasonable  What else could people ask for, for free!?

AP isn't mailing anything in, and AZ could not be happier to have him.  

It's simple.  AZ will get whatever AP has left to give.  Folks have fun bashing his capabilities currently because they resent his arrogance and past parenting decisions.  But looking past the personal stuff, I share Arians' view of the game tape.  I see a RB that can still do somethings effectively.  I have certainly seen far worse RBs make starts in 2017.

I am betting that the marriage of AP and AZ is going to be a successful one.  Each will benefit from it.  How much AP owners profit from that successful marriage remains to be seen.  

Edited by Rolling Thunder

On 10/13/2017 at 10:07 AM, lolcopter said:

LBNqrhI.gif

He's going to get Larry Fitz to stay in the game a few more years, and go on a recruiting drive to bring Brett Favre out of retirement to replace Palmer.

I wouldnt even start him thisweek, as he just got traded...

3 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

I wouldnt even start him thisweek, as he just got traded...

I'm not either but I'm really excited to see him play 

3 hours ago, nk3323 said:

I'm not either but I'm really excited to see him play 

Locked and loaded in my lineup.  They didn't cut Chris Johnson to ease AP into the offense.  Palmer will tell AP "off tackle to the right" in the huddle and trust AP can figure out where the hole is.

I'm curious as to how this all works out. A lot of people have written off Peterson, though I'd like to think there's still something left in the tank. His last few years have been so odd. Most of 2016 was injured. Most of 2014 was suspended. 2015 he was leading the league in rushing. The history of 32 year old backs isn't great, though  some have had  productive seasons before. And Peterson is one of the all time greats. We're really haven't seem him look bad for any extended period. I mean he's had 27 carries all season. That used to be one game's worth. Are we really writing him off based on a small amount of carries in a poor offensive fit? Maybe I'm optimistic, but he seems like he can be serviceable this year

I'm writing him off because of recent performance and because he fails the eye test, badly.  His clearest path to success is if Arizona gives him the ball 25 times or the offense heats up and produces a bunch of goal line opportunity, but neither scenario seems likely

On 10/13/2017 at 10:08 AM, Vendetta said:

An entire guest house? Does he pay utilities on that thing year-round?!

Are you saying that like you can’t believe ap can afford that orrrrr

lol tried to tell people payton just didnt give him a chance because he cant catch

in before thread lock and just wanted to say

lol to everyone saying he was done

I dont own peterson but it was very annoying seeing all these comments on this thread and i'm glad to see him proving everyone wrong.

Edited by RafiBomb

On 10/10/2017 at 10:27 AM, miasma16 said:

Nah. I won. In part because, unlike you, I have a bunch of good running backs and don't need to delude myself into thinking Adrian Peterson will save my season. 

Meh

Got my share of AP as well! Paid NOTHING for him and started Kamara over him to get a looksie. From where I sit, it looks pretty good! Thank you haters for keeping his value low!