FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

how does that 2.2 pts feel?

Image result for larry david curb your enthusiasm

seriously dude? you dig through my posts last Sunday, yet somehow you think i have AP rostered on one of my teams?  his dud last night was no skin off my game, c'est la vie -

careful now, or i'll go into the Muscle Crampster thread and jinx his arse as well.

6 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

Wow,  I know it's common knowledge but man is Drew Stanton bad. His skittish accuracy drains APs value.

There's enough evidence to suggest AP is a clear match up dependent start going forward.. The volume is there but there is no need to get cute with putting him in your line up unless you have to

Starting to think this too but I have him as a flex and his upside is way to big to sit, even if he is boom or bust

Edited by nk3323

On 10/24/2017 at 8:57 PM, howlin' 2 said:

Welcome to Broke Running Back Mountain :-*  " AP ... I can't quit you "

Hopefully you have better options or you might not be in the playoffs.

Carson didn't get hurt till about 5 minutes left in the half I believe. Peterson had done nothing up until that point either. Gamescript got away from them AFTER Palmer went down but it was 6-0 up to that point then fell apart in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

Never said he was worthless, I said he was a middling option ROS after his big Cardinals debut. We will see and I'm sure he will get mega carries going forward so he will be viable via volume. Just not expecting RB 1 numbers most weeks. Definitely don't think "HE'S BACK"

That guy was pretty good at calling it ;)

I agree with everyone who said he is definitely matchup dependent.  With the huge volume he's still a must start against a lesser opponent.  Also a must sit against a good run D.

7 minutes ago, dschddny said:

I agree with everyone who said he is definitely matchup dependent.  With the huge volume he's still a must start against a lesser opponent.  Also a must sit against a good run D.

3 hours ago, nk3323 said:

Starting to think this too but I have him as a flex and his upside is way to big to sit, even if he is boom or bust

Bobby Wagner was tasked with keeping AP in check and he did so almost every play. With one of the best linebackers in the league, in his prime, vs a talented but aging RB, AP was bound to flounder; Wagner met him at the line of scrimmage, or behind it, often. "Matchup dependent" seems right-on... thing is, with the Texans, Jaguars, Rams, Titans, Redskins, Giants, and Seahawks (again), looks like only the Xmas Eve game vs. the Giants is tasty. I'd suggest keeping tabs on the Titans this weekend, and if they have trouble keeping Mixon in check (with the Bengals' inferior 0-line), then consider AP vs. the Titans at home a solid matchup.

1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

Bobby Wagner was tasked with keeping AP in check and he did so almost every play. With one of the best linebackers in the league, in his prime, vs a talented but aging RB, AP was bound to flounder; Wagner met him at the line of scrimmage, or behind it, often. "Matchup dependent" seems right-on... thing is, with the Texans, Jaguars, Rams, Titans, Redskins, Giants, and Seahawks (again), looks like only the Xmas Eve game vs. the Giants is tasty. I'd suggest keeping tabs on the Titans this weekend, and if they have trouble keeping Mixon in check (with the Bengals' inferior 0-line), then consider AP vs. the Titans at home a solid matchup.

True about not many good matchups there but that game vs the Giants in the fantasy playoffs is look great, could be a VERY nice last hurrah for AP on my fantasy teams!!

6 hours ago, chalupabatman713 said:

Started him over D Murray :wacko: . Fail

Remains to be seen... Just because AP only hit 42 yards last night doesn't mean DMurray won't do worse... so, you have that to look forward to...

15 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Remains to be seen... Just because AP only hit 42 yards last night doesn't mean DMurray won't do worse... so, you have that to look forward to...

They both can fumble too so maybe, just MAYBE, @chalupabatman713 can watch murray get 30 yards and a fumble lost.

2 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

AP was dropped yesterday (in my league), and rightly so.

He belongs home on the coach.

I dont think he will be great rest of the season, but having an RB dropped getting this much volume is kinda insane.

51 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

AP was dropped yesterday (in my league), and rightly so.

He belongs home on the coach.

Crazy to drop a RB getting this many carries...I get not starting him but dropping seems extreme. He should worst case be a tradable asset if you don't need the RB depth. 

Edited by p0k
typo

He honestly doesn't look like he's lost that much explosion. He plays for a team with a bad QB, so teams can stack the box against him. Matchup dependent is right on. In games against mediocre to weak defenses, he can still eat. If anyone sees this guy sitting on their wire they should change that

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He honestly doesn't look like he's lost that much explosion. He plays for a team with a bad QB, so teams can stack the box against him. Matchup dependent is right on. In games against mediocre to weak defenses, he can still eat. If anyone sees this guy sitting on their wire they should change that

This is basically it. Stanton's absurd lack of accuracy played against the Cardinals almost more than the Seahawks' secondary did.. There's no need to respect the pass against the Cardinals if their QB can't hit a wide open receiver or even put it in a spot where the WR can make a play which in turn gives AP nothing but brick walls to run into.

AP still has "it" to a degree and that volume alone is worth hanging on to but you gotta keep him on the bench if the Cardinals play against a strong offense or strong run defense.

27 minutes ago, p0k said:

Crazy to drop a RB getting this many carries...I get not starting him but dropping seems extreme. He should worst case be a tradable asset if you don't need the RB depth. 

The guy that dropped him picked up Rawls, who had more points.  They probably saw that D. Johnson may be coming back soon.

I agree the guy should have tried to trade him first...

He also picked up Crowell.  I would have started Crowell.

Peterson has limited upside, unless he scores, or plays a terrible opponent, there are better options.

There isn’t a RB in the NFL that could’ve put up a decent stat line last night in the exact same situation.

The dude had literally nowhere to go.

12 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

There isn’t a RB in the NFL that could’ve put up a decent stat line last night in the exact same situation.

The dude had literally nowhere to go.

I disagree.  AP is no longer the old AP.  The old AP faced stacked boxes and still carried his team into the Playoffs.

Pass catching RB’s would be much more effective.  A RB that could block would also be helpful.

When AP was traded it made sense.  AP is no longer the right man for the job.  The best Arizona can hope for is for their important players not to get hurt.  They use AP just to fill up the minutes...

3 hours ago, seanismorris said:

I disagree.  AP is no longer the old AP.  The old AP faced stacked boxes and still carried his team into the Playoffs.

Pass catching RB’s would be much more effective.  A RB that could block would also be helpful.

When AP was traded it made sense.  AP is no longer the right man for the job.  The best Arizona can hope for is for their important players not to get hurt.  They use AP just to fill up the minutes...

IIRC Arizona doesnt have a FB on their roster which AP kinda needs.

Face it. He can still be good at times. But he’s  just not what he used to be. No fullback, h back, wingback or whatever else can change that fact. 

When's DJ projected to be back? Monday his cast comes off, means he can play exactly when? Before end of season seems likely to me, which means AP becomes worthless near the end?

i'm more concerned about that than him (not) producing. 57 carries in 2 games, sign me up coach

Edited by the holy one

4 hours ago, seanismorris said:

You won’t get an argument from me on whether or not AD is the same back he used to be. He obviously isn’t,  but that doesn’t have anything to do with the statement i made.

My point still stands and i think someone posted the exact stat a couple pages back but he was hit behind the line of scrimmage almost every single play. There are no healthy backs in the league right now that could’ve put up good numbers last night.

30 minutes ago, the holy one said:

When's DJ projected to be back? Monday his cast comes off, means he can play exactly when? Before end of season seems likely to me, which means AP becomes worthless near the end?

i'm more concerned about that than him (not) producing. 57 carries in 2 games, sign me up coach

I've handcuffed AP with DJ in both of my leagues. Never thought I'd say that, seems kinda backwards! :D