FlashGordon401

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

People are dropping AP? What kind of joke leagues are some of you in? It was an awful game that many seen coming. Im not even an AP owner

3 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

People are dropping AP? What kind of joke leagues are some of you in? It was an awful game that many seen coming. Im not even an AP owner

I don't know what people were expecting.

Thursday after carrying 37 times and against a Seattle D.

I thought the floor would've been 5pts in this circumstance.

He would've been close if it wasn't for the fumble.

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

I don't know what people were expecting.

Thursday after carrying 37 times and against a Seattle D.

I thought the floor would've been 5pts in this circumstance.

He would've been close if it wasn't for the fumble.

We was dropped by someone in a “must win now” situation, or he stands a good chance of not making the playoffs.

AP has a few nice games coming up where he should put up good numbers....

I figure he’s thinking AP will never play in those games with DJ likely back.

Basically he’s streaming at his 2nd RB position.  I get that because I’m in a similar situation, but desperately training to find a guy I no longer need to stream.  I thought that guy was Aaron Jones, and looking forward Woodhead.  Unfortunately Jones is just as droppable as AP.

In a PPR league, AP becomes matchup dependent streamer...

Remembr AP was dropped before AP disappointed in the Seattle game.  In my opinion, he made a mistake dropping Crowell not for dropping AP.  Picking up Rawls was a desperation move that did pay off with a few more points than AP, but it’s a dead end going forward...

It looked like AP was ready to go off on the coaches again during the 4th quarter.  Tough to start the rest of the way, unless it's a cream puff matchup.  Looks like a ticking bomb to me.

DJ isn't coming back IMO.  This season is a wash for the Cards, so why rush their best offensive weapon this season back from injury if its not needed

Edited by nk3323

10 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

DJ isn't coming back IMO.  This season is a wash for the Cards, so why rush their best offensive weapon this season back from injury if its not needed

Rush? He’s going according to the time the doctors gave him.

7 minutes ago, almonte said:

How do you think he will do against Houston's Defense this week?

repeat of last week

Take a step over into the David Johnson Kidz Club Thread and DJ is already practicing according to "Dr. Chao". The writing is on the wall, DJ will be back and performing at a high level by week 13 winning fantasy titles for owners worldwide. Adrian Peterson will be in a retirement home by then. Sell sell sell. NOW!!!! Personally, AP started his last game for me last week as a bye week filler. Not going  along for this roller coaster ride. PASS!!!

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

1 minute ago, TommyKramer said:

repeat of last week

He isn't going to go 21 for 29 again.  Now how much better than that he does is anyone's guess, but 1.3 ypc is hard to repeat with that many touches.  I don't see game script changing too much from Stanton to potentially Gabbert, and Watson being out has to help some there too.  AD still has some juice.  Just gonna take some semblance of a passing game to open things up so they don't stack the box.

Great news for AP owners.  Doesn't look like DJ will be back this season.

David Johnson (injured reserve) said his surgically-repaired wrist is "still pretty weak."

"I’m pretty stiff. I’m still getting the range of motion," Johnson said. "But I'm making progress." Johnson had his cast removed this week, but he still has stitches in which complicate his rehab. Johnson said he hopes to return "soon," but it seems unlikely he will be back in time to help fantasy owners this season.

Thats his 5 games in ARZ ppr. JAX, Rams, Titans, @Wash, NYG left on his schedule. Is there a game left on his schedule where you would start him? Maybe week 16 if you having nothing left?

1 hour ago, Tax77 said:

Thats his 5 games in ARZ ppr. JAX, Rams, Titans, @Wash, NYG left on his schedule. Is there a game left on his schedule where you would start him? Maybe week 16 if you having nothing left?

Washington and NYG.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options as far as my RB2 is concerned. I definitely wouldn't start him against the Jags. A spot play would be a better option. I'd consider starting him against the Rams and Titans, but it totally depends what my other options are at that point in time. Washington and New York are pretty easy starts for me if David Johnson isn't back by then.

Statistically that was a BAD performance no doubt.  AP needs to do more, but I still don't think he is done.  He is kind of a dinosaur in that he is an old school RB and the game has changed, but I still feel his is in shape and still has ability to run the ball.  When the end comes for AP I think it will be more about him just not fitting anymore.  The other thing is the man has a tremendous ego.  He's done it the old way for so long and he doesn't understand.  I equate it to the real world when you have a company and you got a very good IT Programmer and than IT programmer just knows a language that is out of date.  They unfortunately will replace that IT programmer with a younger one that knows the new language.

1 hour ago, StuPitt said:

Statistically that was a BAD performance no doubt.  AP needs to do more, but I still don't think he is done.  He is kind of a dinosaur in that he is an old school RB and the game has changed, but I still feel his is in shape and still has ability to run the ball.  When the end comes for AP I think it will be more about him just not fitting anymore.  The other thing is the man has a tremendous ego.  He's done it the old way for so long and he doesn't understand.  I equate it to the real world when you have a company and you got a very good IT Programmer and than IT programmer just knows a language that is out of date.  They unfortunately will replace that IT programmer with a younger one that knows the new language.

First analogy ever to compare AP to an iT computer programmer. From what I've heard Peterson is only good for flicking a switch... Too Soon ? ...Too late ?

10 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Come on now, look at the bright side. AP's production is up over 50% from last week. Got that from the Dept. of Labor numbers crunchers / spin doctors.

This week will be interesting. Jags run defense hasn't allow much since week 6, but they also haven't faced much talent since week 6. They seem to get worked in the RB receiver game. 

Jags offense is bad so they'll never escape with the game so there will be a positive game script for the geezer. Volume will be there. Ellington will probably get a fair share of targets.

54 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

This week will be interesting. Jags run defense hasn't allow much since week 6, but they also haven't faced much talent since week 6. They seem to get worked in the RB receiver game. 

Jags offense is bad so they'll never escape with the game so there will be a positive game script for the geezer. Volume will be there. Ellington will probably get a fair share of targets.

Ellington got got yesterday

1 hour ago, HamMach1 said:

Jags offense isn't terrible. They're a ball control team that relies on controlling the clock. Peterson is a sit this week. 

4 hours ago, HamMach1 said:

There is so much wrong with this post.  AD has talent at this point?  He's a compiler, but only against horrifically bad defenses.  Ellington will get his share of targets?  Ellington was released by the team yesterday.  Try harder, Homer.

23 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There is so much wrong with this post.  AD has talent at this point?  He's a compiler, but only against horrifically bad defenses.  Ellington will get his share of targets?  Ellington was released by the team yesterday.  Try harder, Homer.

Find in my post where it said anything about Peterson having talent still.

And I'm certain I posted this before the Ellington news, dip****. 

20 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

Find in my post where it said anything about Peterson having talent still.

And I'm certain I posted this before the Ellington news, dip****. 

Oops I'm the dip****. Didn't realize when he got cut. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:25 AM, oliminator123 said:

Jags offense isn't terrible. They're a ball control team that relies on controlling the clock. Peterson is a sit this week. 

That's true. I won't say their offense is good by any means but like you mentioned their controlling of the clock is what works for them since their defense does the heavy lifting. I went to the Jags vs Rams game and it was brutal to watch because it was a battle of who could control the game longer, Fournette vs Gurley.

I agree with sitting. Volume will be there but that hasn't proved to mean much of anything.