elite

Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Welcome to the Jamaal Charles thread, Vance Joseph.

Thanks for the welcome Matthew Berry, tell me more about your 30 year old elite RB1 

Edited by lolcopter

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Thanks for the welcome Matthew Berry, tell me more about your 30 year old elite RB1 

Just don't get how you can be so confident he wouldn't see an uptick in usage if/when CJA gets dinged up, he's already pretty involved with CJA in the mix, and he has been effective with his touches.

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Just don't get how you can be so confident he wouldn't see an uptick in usage if/when CJA gets dinged up, he's already pretty involved with CJA in the mix, and he has been effective with his touches.

Because Denver knows that in order to be successful in December you need quality RB depth, which means not running your 30yo COP back into the ground when you have RBs that comp better with CJA already rostered. Will he be a productive fantasy asset? Absolutely. But all this elite RB1 talk is pie in the sky dreams that as a Denver homer I would definitely love but I just have a more prudent outlook re: ROS value

Edited by lolcopter

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Because Denver knows that in order to be successful in December you need quality RB depth, which means not running your 30yo COP back into the ground when you have RBs that comp better with CJA already rostered. Will he be a productive fantasy asset? Absolutely. But all this elite RB1 talk is pie in the sky dreams that as a Denver homer I would definitely love but I just have a more prudent outlook re: ROS value

Never said elite RB1, but if CJA were to miss time I think he would be a very solid RB2.

22 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He wont become the lead back. His role will stay exactly the same and they’ll just plug in Booker or bring Williams up from the practice squad

booker sucks

4 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Kind of on the fence about this. Isn't Charles on a one year deal? I'm not so sure Denver would be worried about his usage in the event of a CJ injury. If he is playing well and feels good one would think they would let him roll. Who knows.

We had this discussion all last season. Charles is not a workhorse running back, he’s never been a workhorse running back. He is at his best when he is a complimentary weapon out of the backfield. When he starts getting 20+ carries and blows another ACL you’ll see why that is

28 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

We had this discussion all last season. Charles is not a workhorse running back, he’s never been a workhorse running back. He is at his best when he is a complimentary weapon out of the backfield. When he starts getting 20+ carries and blows another ACL you’ll see why that is

But his ACL is still under warranty from the surgery, so no worries.

Liking the increase in usage and what Jamaal is doing with it... could become a geriatric Christian McCaffrey to CJA's Jonathan Stewart----50/50 split with high value PPR----if the Broncos figure how to develop this attack.

We had this discussion all last season. Charles is not a workhorse running back, he’s never been a workhorse running back. He is at his best when he is a complimentary weapon out of the backfield.

Yup, his career average is only 15.5 touches per game. 

You really hate jamaal huh? 

Alright:

- Jamaal Charles healthy - check

- Jamaal Charles looking good on the field - check

- Jamaal Charles outperforming CJ on the field - check

- Touches increasing every week - check 

draw whatever conclusion from the above, but these are facts and really positive for JC and JC owners. 

3 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

You really hate jamaal huh? 

no, I just have realistic expectations for his ceiling. I would love nothing more than for him to take over by producing on the field, because that would mean the Broncos are running the ball well

11 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Yup, his career average is only 15.5 touches per game. 

In 2013, his best fantasy season, he averaged around 17. Yeah, I agree he's not a workhorse, but he's certainly in need of more touches. I do understand Joseph wanting him to be healthy come playoffs, but man, he's looked good. 

2 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Alright:

draw whatever conclusion from the above, but these are facts and really positive for JC and JC owners. 

He doesn't look better than CJA on the field, fairly evident if you watch the game. JC's touches have remained almost exactly the same week after week, which many have commented is by design. 

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

CJA ....Jag.

JC...Playmaker.

CJ has a career* average of 12.5 ppg over 33 games. I'm curious as to how exactly you reconcile the belief that he's JAG with the fact that he has over two full seasons worth of RB1 per game production?

*starting from Week 9 2014--before then he was buried on the depth chart since he was drafted in 2013

3 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

Alright:

In what way is #3 a fact? 

CJ: 13.5 ppg, 0.66 points per touch

JC: 7.0 ppg, 0.70 points per touch

They have almost identical efficiency and CJ crushes JC in total production. Or is this one of those "truthful hyperbole" things, where the 0.04 per touch difference is supposed to amount to "outperforming"?

7 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

But his ACL is still under warranty from the surgery, so no worries.

Liking the increase in usage and what Jamaal is doing with it... could become a geriatric Christian McCaffrey to CJA's Jonathan Stewart----50/50 split with high value PPR----if the Broncos figure how to develop this attack.

He only has a high value in PPR if they actually target him in the passing game. So far, he's been marginally better in PPR and 1/2 PPR than standard. Hopefully, the targets will come. 

33 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

He was dropped in my league.  Is he worth a pickup?

Absolutely. Have a feeling he will be a league winner. Decent OL, good defense, and CJA gets always injured. It wouldn't surprise me if Jamaal becomes RB1b to CJA RB1a in the next couple weeks.

I picked him up on waivers yesterday as my RB5.  The same day, I decided to propose a trade to the Ertz owner involving Parker.  The Ertz owner rejected that trade, but immediately came back with JC for Ertz.  I almost broke my phone pounding the Accept button.

The moral of the story is, JC is absolutely worth picking up -- because some goober in your league may see the name value and think they're tricking you into giving up a potential RB1.  It's not going to happen, even if CJA and Booker are both hit by a truck tomorrow, but if JC has a few solid games on limited touches, someone will be willing to buy. 

Have CJ in both leagues and went ahead and cuffed him in one of them.  I wanted to cuff in bot but missed on a FAAB bid.  

He's probably just a decent PPR value flex right now, but I think he's got enough to warrant bench space in case something happened to Anderson