Sign in to follow this  
elite

Chris Johnson 2017 Season Outlook

15 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

CJ?K was washed up in 2011.

Wrong.  He was leading the league in rushing at one point in 2015.

He looked bad Monday, but there was no blocking and he's always been soft, even in his heyday.  With a healthier OL against the 49ers, we'll find out if he has anything left in the tank.

10 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Wrong.  He was leading the league in rushing at one point in 2015.

He looked bad Monday, but there was no blocking and he's always been soft, even in his heyday.  With a healthier OL against the 49ers, we'll find out if he has anything left in the tank.

Leading the league in rushing "at one point?"  What does that even mean?  I believe Rex Burkhead was leading the league in rushing at one point of 2017--the first carry of the season on Thursday Night Football.

I had Johnson in 2011 and watched almost every one of his games that year.  He was HORRIBLE.  And that was six seasons ago.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Leading the league in rushing "at one point?"  What does that even mean?

It means you're wrong.

Johnson was re-signed after being let go at final cuts because he knows Arizona playbook.  And, before Monday night, he could present a plausible threat out of the backfield.  The Dallas game ended that concept.  Arians is a very stubborn man, though.  Arians has now doubled down and insisted that Johnson will start the next game.  It will not go well.  You have been warned.

9 hours ago, PolarBear said:

The Cardinals starting LT and LG were out.  Humphries and Iupati look like they will play this week.  Hold.  

Humphries and Iupati returning will help whoever mans the backfield (not to mention Palmer).

That said, what I saw against the Cowboys was very disappointing.  CJ looked way worse than just rusty.  Can't reach a conclusion based on a first game back after hibernating for a stretch, but I need to see some decisiveness and burst against SF, whose D-line won't be easy to manhandle.  On the plus side, Ray Ray Armstrong is a disaster filling in for Foster, Bo isn't the LB he used to be, and Reid is out, so CJ will have a shot at chunk plays if he can get to the second level.  We'll see soon enough.  

I think the rb to own here is ellington. especially in ppr. I think once chris starts off slow itll be the ellington show but what  do I know.. maybe just dreaming because I just grabbed ellington :)

15 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Humphries and Iupati returning will help whoever mans the backfield (not to mention Palmer).

That said, what I saw against the Cowboys was very disappointing.  CJ looked way worse than just rusty.  Can't reach a conclusion based on a first game back after hibernating for a stretch, but I need to see some decisiveness and burst against SF, whose D-line won't be easy to manhandle.  On the plus side, Ray Ray Armstrong is a disaster filling in for Foster, Bo isn't the LB he used to be, and Reid is out, so CJ will have a shot at chunk plays if he can get to the second level.  We'll see soon enough.  

I hear ya. This game will provide an indication to me whether he is worth a roster spot.  O-line basically healthy and back to full strength against a bottom-feeder team. I am starting him this week as my #2 RB cause I have been hit with RB injuries. 

If Humphries and Iupati are healthy, their OL is about league average. Iupati is still a monster in the run game. They run the old power behind him all day if they need a couple yards. Last week CJ had no chance at all, just like Zeke in Denver the week before. In PPR Ellington is the back to own. But in standard CJ can be a solid flex with a healthy OL.

Against San Francisco in week for Johnson had 13 carries for 32 yards rushing.  3 catches for 31 yards receiving.  No TDs.  Is that your idea of a SOLID flex?  Not mine.

44 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Against San Francisco in week for Johnson had 13 carries for 32 yards rushing.  3 catches for 31 yards receiving.  No TDs.  Is that your idea of a SOLID flex?  Not mine.

Let me start off by saying it's not my desire to defend Chris Johnson.

But in a standard league... I wouldn't say solid, but depending on league size and settings... Yeah, that's right in the ball park.

Perhaps you'd rather have Jay Ajayi, Demarco Murray, Mark Ingram, Tarik Cohen, Joe Nixon, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Marshawn Lynch?  CJ2K outscored them all this week.

Should I throw in Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Marshall, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin, TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Tyreek Hill, Golden Tate... should I keep going?

CJ2K is not a back you want to have to rely on, i get it, I agree, but take a look around.  This is the RB landscape.  He's a starting RB on an NFL team, and as long as he keeps scoring in the top 36 RBs then he's absolutely in the flex discussion.  No matter how ugly it is, this is the reality of the game we play.  This happens every single year.  

This is why zero RB exists.  By mid season we all hate our RB options, I might as well have stud WRs, TEs, and QBs.  

Not cool story bro, I have a 10 team league where I drafted DJ, Zeke, Cook, AP, Forte, Rawls, and Gillislee... There's a strong chance that by tomorrow, I'll have zero RBs worthy of starting for week 5 from my draft.

That's the reality of fantasy football and more importantly the reality of the running back landscape.

So, yes, CJ2K is absolutely on the radar of 'flex' consideration.

I watched some of the game, and saw a nice run that he started in the middle, showed some burst and bounced it to the outside for a nice gain.  It got called back by a holding penalty though.   

would be startable if more opportunity was there.....

11 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

This is why zero RB exists.  By mid season we all hate our RB options, I might as well have stud WRs, TEs, and QBs.  

Not cool story bro, I have a 10 team league where I drafted DJ, Zeke, Cook, AP, Forte, Rawls, and Gillislee... There's a strong chance that by tomorrow, I'll have zero RBs worthy of starting for week 5 from my draft.

That's the reality of fantasy football and more importantly the reality of the running back landscape.

So, yes, CJ2K is absolutely on the radar of 'flex' consideration.

The height of desperation which I would not wish on any man. Nevertheless, I think Ellington is the back to own. Getting those sweet targets and receptions.