Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

What was your absolute worst first round pick in the last 10 years?

I'm lookin at mine and one of the funniest and worst picks I've ever made in the first round was 2010, pick 8, I selected..... :drum roll: Pierre Thomas! :lol::unsure:   don't ask 

Actually I read some huge hype article and I just thought he was going to be one hell of a beast that year. Needlessly to say I came out at like 8th out of 12, was one of my worst picks ever tryin to be cute.  What about you guys, have any absolutely horribly first round picks? 

Jamaal Charles when he was out for the year right when the season started.

Jordy Nelson when he tore his ACL the day after my draft.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Jamaal Charles when he was out for the year right when the season started.

This was probably my worst too, but really that isn't a player evaluation failure...just bad luck.

Counting injuries seems silly.

Aside from those, Lamar Miller for me

17 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

This was probably my worst too, but really that isn't a player evaluation failure...just bad luck.

Not sure I can remember any major issues besides injuries then.  I'd have to go back and look at my past teams.

6 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Montee Ball

moreno-tears.gif

Ah mannn, I LOOOOOVED picking up Knowshon around Week 5 and taking me to my first ever Gold.

I would have to say, without a doubt, Lacy.

13 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

X2. Never again denver.

Denver or NE running backs in the first is death.   lol

My worst first rounder in the last decade was this year.  He was also one of my best picks a few seasons ago....Ah the cruel irony that is fantasy football

adrian-peterson.jpg

Dynasty rookie drafts, 10 team ppr

2010:

Trading up to take Taylor Price NEP WR 2.01

Taking Jermaine Gresham 2.03

Taking Damian Williams 2.04

All over Jimmy Graham who was taken 2.05

2011:

Taking Mikel Leshoure 1.07

Taking Titus Young 1.08 over Randal Cobb (2.02) since I had Greg Jennings at the time

2012:

Taking Brian Quick 1.09 over Alshon Jeffrey (2.02)

2013:

Made up for all those late 1st / early 2nd blunders by snagging OBJ at 1.09 in after getting Evans at 1.02 that year

2015:

Taking Nelson Agholor 1.09 while David Johnson fell to 2.04

2016:

Redeemed myself a bit in 2016 with Michael Thomas (1.06), Sterling Shepard (1.08), and Jordan Howard (2.02)

I've had some bad luck in round 1 but even more painful than AP getting suspended was Trent Richardson. Obviously what AP did was awful, but from a FF standpoint it was over as soon as he was suspended. Trent Richardson just kept sucking and sucking and sucking worse. For weeks you couldn't sit him, then you couldn't trade him and I think it was week 12 before I finally cut him. Yuck.

generally go safe rd 1 but last year i took K allen at 11 in ppr league and for one half I thought I was brilliant

My first year playing FF I grabbed Tom Brady in the 1st. He had an average season and didn't bust, but when I think of grabbing a qb in the 1st now, I just chuckle. Of course, two years later I took Trent Richardson at 1.10 soooo.....

7 hours ago, wonderbread said:

My first year playing FF I grabbed Tom Brady in the 1st. He had an average season and didn't bust, but when I think of grabbing a qb in the 1st now, I just chuckle. Of course, two years later I took Trent Richardson at 1.10 soooo.....

Not a draft league but in an auction that year Brady went down in the first series vs KC I paid $72 out of $200 for Tom who was not so Terrific :(

My first rounders I play fairly safe. I can't remember them all now but I'm on a 3 year streak of second rounders busting or getting long term injuries. 

First year in my current league I was given an expansion team (everyone kept six) and given the 1.01.  Knowing I wanted to go with a young RB, I went with the can't-miss RB coming out that year.

Darren McFadden.

And so began several years of looking at this:

b3931f05611f37102199184c8faab65a.jpg

I could I have gone wrong?  Seriously, who was I going to take with that pick -- Matt Forte?

I took Treadwell in a dynasty draft last year, that looks like garbage so far.  

Darren McFadden, probably was 2012?  I remember going in saying Calvin or DMC and it was my "1st rounder" in that it was my big auction purchase, so anyhow me and another owner basically had the same two targets, and DMC came first I was up over $60 and so was he, I think i got him for like 65?  He got Calvin about the same price and that was Calvins 122 1900 year.  Whole season swung on that buy...