Dugout Legend

2017 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

fixed. good job yahoo, don't do that again.

CBS guys, this is my first year using. In the scoring matchup on the app, is there any way to see the stats for points scored or it only shows the points scored? A points scoring format if that helps.

Anyone have a yahoo draft today? The league settings state scoring starts today as well. Is this actually accurate?  

Edited by itaos

Can't change the roster for tomorrow in Yahoo.It's stuck in classic mode,even though the swap icons are showing also,but they're dead Jim.When you change players using classic mode,they change back when you leave the page,despite saving them.

^^^  That's in Chrome,Firefox works fine.

Edited by frankhoward

need a basic boxscore - i used to have the old yahoo boxscore bookmarked, maybe it was yahoo.ca but its not working anymore.  what do you all use?

I am looking into a cdm league, the salary cap roto style with 16 roster adds per season.  I am very confused as to what the added purchases are that can be made at the start tho.  You can buy more moves in order to have a better chance to win compared to people who just buy the start up $45 package?  What kind of level playing field is that???

can someone explain these extra purchases to me, please?

Help!!!  Had a draft today on CBS. None of the teams rosters showed up on the TEAM pages, but the players showed up on the roster grids and everywhere else. Did anyone else have this happen today, or in the past? Sent an email to CBS, still waiting for a response.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, aspen518 said:

Help!!!  Had a draft today on CBS. None of the teams rosters showed up on the TEAM pages, but the players showed up on the roster grids and everywhere else. Did anyone else have this happen today, or in the past? Sent an email to CBS, still waiting for a response.

Thanks.

Click on Monday. They wont be on todays page.

14 minutes ago, aspen518 said:

Been away from CBS for a few years. Will check tomorrow. Thank you for the response.

You can check today,  dont gave to wait til tomorrow.

Question about CDM sports....I am super confused about the additional offer of roster moves.  Has anyone played in the salary cap roto leagues?  Wouldn't it be unfair to offer people the chance to spend an extra $300 for an advantage vs those who only spend the $45 entry fee?

6 hours ago, Pernil said:

need a basic boxscore - i used to have the old yahoo boxscore bookmarked, maybe it was yahoo.ca but its not working anymore.  what do you all use?

I'd like to know too.  I hate all the bells and whistles pages that slow my computer to a crawl or just stall it out.  I want a handy basic page to bookmark as well and am pissed off the site above has been removed.

Have never played Yahoo fantasy baseball before. Do they seriously not do live scoring for roto leagues or am I just not finding it?

2 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Have never played Yahoo fantasy baseball before. Do they seriously not do live scoring for roto leagues or am I just not finding it?

What do you mean by live scoring?  If you mean the stats updating in your roto league in real time for your players, yes they do.

The league standings in roto as in all owners' teams stats being dumped into the various categories happens during the overnight update starting at 3 am eastern, midnight pacific and ending for any given league somewhere usually between 4 am eastern and 7 am eastern.

12 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What do you mean by live scoring?  If you mean the stats updating in your roto league in real time for your players, yes they do.

The league standings in roto as in all owners' teams stats being dumped into the various categories happens during the overnight update starting at 3 am eastern, midnight pacific and ending for any given league somewhere usually between 4 am eastern and 7 am eastern.

I want live updated points/standings. I found them in stat tracker.

yahoo and AOL are merging and will be called Oath. does that mean we will be playing Oath fantasy baseball. :unsure:

hey yahoo @The Big Bat Theory in your yahoo leagues are they set up as Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime?

if you pick up a player now since the Chic vs Det game started you pick said player up for tomorrows game?

do they have leagues where you can pick up players after the first game started and still use them in your lineup?

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

hey yahoo @The Big Bat Theory in your yahoo leagues are they set up as Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime?

if you pick up a player now since the Chic vs Det game started you pick said player up for tomorrows game?

do they have leagues where you can pick up players after the first game started and still use them in your lineup?

If you pick up a player after the game is started he cannot play today, only tomorrow period.  No settings allows starting a player already playing because that would lead to massive cheating.  Like wow this guy hit a grand slam in the first inning so I'm picking him up now to get those stats.  No way should that be remotely possible. 

If the last sentence means a double header no there are no setting for that in any Yahoo league.

Overall view:

It all depends on how your league settings are set by the commish in your league too.  The default is that any added player is added the next day in which case you can make any move say today and not get an error message preventing you from dropping and adding players.

But if the commish changed the setting to add the same day then yes you can but with a major restriction.  You can pick up another player up until his game time BUT only if you are dropping one that hasn't played (team hasn't played) as yet.  The reason is obvious.  It is to prevent anyone from gathering stats from that one slot from two players.  And since it is based on the team playing so even pitchers not pitching or the hitter on the bench that day you still cannot make that move.

It also makes it miserable if you want to add a player and the only expendable player you feel you can drop has already played (team) which means you have to wait until 3 am eastern (midnight pacific) to make the move and in the meantime someone else is liable to scoop that player up.

And even if you want to make a waivers move a couple of days out you can't set up the waivers in that situation above until after the times cited.  So you end up scribbling little notes to yourself to remember to do it the next day etc.  And if the day for waivers is the next day you are stuck waiting until 3 am to set that waiver really quickly before teh data updates processes your league's waiver claims.  Which is why I just prefer the default setting of adding the player the next day and going to bed at a decent time, heh.

PS:  One more negative about same day adds is in that made the "probable" pitching starts view showing that day and not the next day.  I tend to want to find pitchers starting the next day as in if I need a streamer to replace one starting today.  So the on site convenience of checking "probables" for the next day goes out the window.

One thing I like about ESPN better than Yahoo for leagues with daily changes is that ESPN shows the opposing pitcher.  This seems like a very simple enhancement that would be very helpful.  I have couple of positions where I select starers based on the opposing pitcher and it is so much easier to manage this on ESPN than Yahoo.  

2 minutes ago, por said:

One thing I like about ESPN better than Yahoo for leagues with daily changes is that ESPN shows the opposing pitcher.  This seems like a very simple enhancement that would be very helpful.  I have couple of positions where I select starers based on the opposing pitcher and it is so much easier to manage this on ESPN than Yahoo.  

Sorry I meant probable pitchers starting the next day in the Players page to use as adds.  Opposing pitchers are shown on Yahoo for as long as the teams have their starters named.  Usually most of the week.  Also individual hitters have their individual match-ups vs a particular pitcher shown by clicking on the hitter's name on My Team or the Players page for free agents.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Sorry I meant probable pitchers starting the next day in the Players page to use as adds.  Opposing pitchers are shown on Yahoo for as long as the teams have their starters named.  Usually most of the week.  Also individual hitters have their individual match-ups vs a particular pitcher shown by clicking on the hitter's name on My Team or the Players page for free agents.

Thanks.  This is the first year in about five years that I have a team on Yahoo.  I just needed to click on opponents.  I feel stupid. 

2 minutes ago, por said:

Thanks.  This is the first year in about five years that I have a team on Yahoo.  I just needed to click on opponents.  I feel stupid. 

You shouldn't feel that way.  Yahoo could do a lot better job of formatting these tools so they stand out more.  Or are placed in a more logical place to click on them.  It seems at times they almost try to hide the stuff you need most to see there. 

Meanwhile they have stuff like "% Started" that no one cares about.  And yes I said "started," not even "owned" which is also useless enough.  Why do they have this column cluttering up the stats page all the time when having the opponent faces every day right out front is far more important then having to click on Opponents and back and forth.