Dugout Legend

2017 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

33 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Maybe because you don't live in the east and have to fight west coast guys for good pick-ups all the time.  It is indeed a major "thing" in real competitive leagues that use same day.  Most competitive leagues the owners set their teams easily for the next day and check line-ups right up until game time.  No problem. 

But the problem is you can't add players for the next day in advance unless you have totally flex or overnight hours (east coast and central) or suffer from insomnia.  Otherwise if you want to get a decent night's sleep you just have to raise the white flag and cede the championship to some of the west coast guys who happily stream every night.

Also it is only after 3 am that you can put in for a waivers guy while dropping a player that played that past day and it is guys that are on waivers and are coming off of them that next day that are usually large targets for owners.

If you can't make sense of why this is a major problem for owners I don't think you play in highly competitive leagues or you could imagine the mess it causes if you don't live on the west coast.  It becomes real life sleep versus fantasy baseball.  Fortunately I work at home so have total flex hours and am a night owl anyway but it gets pretty old even for me.

I didn't say I can't make sense of whether or not it is a major problem. I'm saying your explanation is pretty confusing.

3 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

I didn't say I can't make sense of whether or not it is a major problem. I'm saying your explanation is pretty confusing.

That's because of Yahoo's rules.  Sorry but I can't think of a better way to make it clearer since there are several problems with same day adds.  The coming off the waiver wire one is really weird in and of itself then add in the non-waiver wire stuff.  The time factor due to when overnight updates start and the advantage west coast owners have is another point.  It is a real mess so is a real mess to try and explain.  Especially since I am not writing posts to be submitted as research papers but just posting casually in a fantasy baseball forum.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Update on Yahoo's continued player eligibility mess.  Add Andrew Benintendi's missing CF eligibility to Eric Thames' missing 1B one.  From a mod on the Yahoo Message Board under the newly created Benintendi's thread:

The provider that supplies player updates is having a global issue with players earning eligibility.

Thames is in the same boat with 1B.

They are aware of the issue but the fix currently has no ETA.

Everyone that has ever been pissed off at Yahoo should maybe get out the pitchforks and go there and stick them one.  Get there via Baseball '17 menu, Message Boards, select first forum listed.  Because this problem is now 2 freaking days old.  People in money leagues should be demanding their bucks back at this point.

And this is on Yahoo.  Stop passing the damn buck.  You hired the data provider.  They didn't update prospects' teams last season at all keeping Anderson Espinoza with Boston instead of going to SD which was a pain in NL only dynasty leagues.  The same data provider who never gets all the prospects loaded the first time come spring including prospects that have been out there in leagues and on teams the past year.  They knew there was problems with this data provider since they heard about all this last year.  Still they didn't find someone who could do the job better? 

Also why can't they have the option to manually override bad or missing data?  They did just that up to about a year or two ago.  Not acceptable Yahoo.  Not acceptable.

Hi everyone, I'm the commissioner of a daily league where every non-rostered player is added through waivers on a daily basis. Meaning, if someone wants to add Eric Thames on April 11th, they put in a claim on April 11th, and the claim is run the morning of April 12th and they receive that player on April 12th.  For some reason, all the waiver additions that were awarded to teams this morning will not be on their given roster until tomorrow. This is problematic because managers have added two-start pitchers who are starting today but will, for some reason, not be on their team until tomorrow.

As you can see, the transactions section even states that these additions were made to each team this morning (April 17th):

WwcsirF.jpg

Yahoo also won't let me make any manual changes to help fix this system as my changes won't take effect until tomorrow. Any idea why this is happening? Can someone at Yahoo manually add these players for me?

Yahoo has a 'daily-tomorrow' setting, it means even if no games have started for today, any transaction after like 2 AM in the morning won't show up until your next day's roster. Basically you have to plan your pitching pickups a day ahead with that setting.

1 hour ago, Pernil said:

Yahoo has a 'daily-tomorrow' setting, it means even if no games have started for today, any transaction after like 2 AM in the morning won't show up until your next day's roster. Basically you have to plan your pitching pickups a day ahead with that setting.

The issue is that these moves were made yesterday and should be in effect today. All season long it has worked that way. Like if a waiver bid was made for a player on April 1st, at 4 am on April 2nd Yahoo runs through the waiver bids and adds all the players to their new teams. Here, the waiver bids were all made on April 16th, Yahoo ran through the waiver bids this morning (April 17th) and the transaction list shows that Yahoo has added each player to their new team (as you can see in the screen cap) but for some reason, the players weren't actually added to the teams this time.

What is the deal with Familia in Yahoo?  He's flipped between SUSP and NA a few times.

LOL.  I got banned from the Yahoo Message Board for complaining about the Eric Thames 1B Eligibility snafu.  Wonder how many other people in that thread got banned as well. 

Yahoo is circling the wagons and throwing out free speech.  Though they did censor my last post when I used the word damn which apparently is still considered a no-no on that site since it came out *** there.  Who in the hell bans damn these days?  It isn't the 1950's. 

But then they ban people's email addresses even though they want people to post for league recruits and replacements there.  But they leave no way to communicate with an easy link unless you spell it out like BannedOnYahoo at yahoo dot com.  Half the people don't know that do they leave their email and exit not knowing their email addy got deleted so they never get any inquiries about their league, hah.

Well if they think I complain about them there wait to what I will say here during their next major screw up.  Because we all know it will come.  There are hundreds of people here to every one there anyway.  No one uses that message board other than maybe less than 50 people tops and then just for the endless problems threads and trying to recruit and losing their contact email in the process.

23 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL.  I got banned from the Yahoo Message Board for complaining about the Eric Thames 1B Eligibility snafu.  Wonder how many other people in that thread got banned as well. 

Yahoo is circling the wagons and throwing out free speech.  Though they did censor my last post when I used the word damn which apparently is still considered a no-no on that site since it came out *** there.  Who in the hell bans damn these days?  It isn't the 1950's. 

But then they ban people's email addresses even though they want people to post for league recruits and replacements there.  But they leave no way to communicate with an easy link unless you spell it out like BannedOnYahoo at yahoo dot com.  Half the people don't know that do they leave their email and exit not knowing their email addy got deleted so they never get any inquiries about their league, hah.

Well if they think I complain about them there wait to what I will say here during their next major screw up.  Because we all know it will come.  There are hundreds of people here to every one there anyway.  No one uses that message board other than maybe less than 50 people tops and then just for the endless problems threads and trying to recruit and losing their contact email in the process.

that does not surprise me

yahoooooo NA slots matter

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

that does not surprise me

yahoooooo NA slots matter

Yeah thanks for reminding me of the endless NA slots matter, haha.  You and others will have to carry the torch of annoying them there now.

Hilarious thing is that post that got me banned first got me one of those endlessly annoying Yahoo "medals" via an email to me that I got the Yahoo medal for being so helpful on Yahoo Message Board.  Their auto software didn't like Eric Thames but it liked me, heh. 

Then just a few hours later I went to see if they had the common decency to have apologized to all the owners they screwed over on the Thames thread and saw I was banned for the same post.  Well I will always have my, sniff, virtual medal to remember them with, lol!

You are not allowed to access this site

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

Return to my original page

The silver lining.  Well at least Yahoo finally used the word "sorry' for the first time ever in their entire history.  Though not for the NA problems, the Thames snafu, the prospects missing all over the place mess, the this and that endless stuff over the years etc etc.

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The silver lining.  Well at least Yahoo finally used the word "sorry' for the first time ever in their entire history.  Though not for the NA problems, the Thames snafu, the prospects missing all over the place mess, the this and that endless stuff over the years etc etc.

I'm shocked!  TBBT, you've been carrying the banner for yahoo for quite some time.

4 hours ago, jb_power said:

I'm shocked!  TBBT, you've been carrying the banner for yahoo for quite some time.

And thus they have rewarded me for my support.  It was so bush league Yahoo of them, haha.   :-)

9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

TBBT, are you done with yahoo now? I've watched you vouch for them, plead with them, stick up for them, hope they do this and that over the past year or so I've been around on this site...you still supporting them by participating in their leagues?  I can't wait for the day you jump to Fantrax :)

7 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

TBBT, are you done with yahoo now? I've watched you vouch for them, plead with them, stick up for them, hope they do this and that over the past year or so I've been around on this site...you still supporting them by participating in their leagues?  I can't wait for the day you jump to Fantrax :)

Well I'll probably never pay to play fantasy baseball on principle so won't be on Fantrax.  And I don't want to give up my dynasty teams I've had for years and years but should they start to fold and/or I have extra spare time I might nose around and get my feet wet some next year over on ESPN since that is free.  Definitely will never sign up for a new league at Yahoo.

And I'll never recommend them anymore I guess.  They just lost their biggest advocate here.

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well I'll probably never pay to play fantasy baseball on principle so won't be on Fantrax.  And I don't want to give up my dynasty teams I've had for years and years but should they start to fold and/or I have extra spare time I might nose around and get my feet wet some next year over on ESPN since that is free.  Definitely will never sign up for a new league at Yahoo.

And I'll never recommend them anymore I guess.  They just lost their biggest advocate here.

FanTrax is also free unless your league decides to go with "Premimum Features".

I have 2 5x5 roto leagues on FanTrax and they are 100% free

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Fantrax has Free Leagues.   Yeah too bad about Yahoo.  I should have seen this coming after the same types of things were happening during the fantasy basketball season.  Constantly late with eligibilities and and injury status's. 

Where is Bunt Cakes these days? He usually addresses some Yahoo issues in here. Did he leave for another site? Did BBT take him out after being lied to for years?;)

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yes they did....

I recommend you trying espn now, sign up make your own league get use to the features, join a random league, etc... . Since you are into the full-dynasty mode espn has stepped up and added so many more MiLBers to the system. Also you do not need to worry about NA spots. Make your roster size any way you want... one thing that I heard over n over is the way espn does the keepers....no such thing as round keepers. 

5 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Where is Bunt Cakes these days? He usually addresses some Yahoo issues in here. Did he leave for another site? Did BBT take him out after being lied to for years?;)

Haha.  Nay, Bunt Cakes at least tried.  Seemed an honest enough person who was getting lied to as well.  Maybe he/she left Yahoo cause they have been awol for a long long time here. 

Speaking of leaving I assume a lot of the employees at Yahoo will be cut with the merge coming.  The fantasy sports platform will be kept since it is their main gateway for cyber foot traffic to the site and their Pro leagues are probably the only money that comes in to them outside of the ads.  But I can see a lot of the software people who screw around with the endless graphic updates of rainbows and unicorns over substance and keep downgrading the latter and driving people away as a result may well be out the door.

6 hours ago, jb_power said:

FanTrax is also free unless your league decides to go with "Premimum Features".

I have 2 5x5 roto leagues on FanTrax and they are 100% free

6 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Fantrax has Free Leagues.   Yeah too bad about Yahoo.  I should have seen this coming after the same types of things were happening during the fantasy basketball season.  Constantly late with eligibilities and and injury status's. 

Thanks.  I had no idea there were free leagues there.  Now I can investigate both them and ESPN in the future.

In light of the Marte suspension, just wanted to post this here too. Suspended players are NOT eligible for NA in Yahoo leagues.

Familia was eligible during his suspension, was that a glitch?

On 4/18/2017 at 3:04 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Haha.  Nay, Bunt Cakes at least tried.  Seemed an honest enough person who was getting lied to as well.  Maybe he/she left Yahoo cause they have been awol for a long long time here. 

Speaking of leaving I assume a lot of the employees at Yahoo will be cut with the merge coming.  The fantasy sports platform will be kept since it is their main gateway for cyber foot traffic to the site and their Pro leagues are probably the only money that comes in to them outside of the ads.  But I can see a lot of the software people who screw around with the endless graphic updates of rainbows and unicorns over substance and keep downgrading the latter and driving people away as a result may well be out the door.

Thanks.  I had no idea there were free leagues there.  Now I can investigate both them and ESPN in the future.

I'm willing to guarantee that if you give Fantrax a look you won't be disappointed. You can use their free option leagues and also create a league to test it out a bit and then just delete it when you want too, at least prepare for next year or even start a half-season league or whatever. Let me know what you think of it. I'd love to see your feedback on your thoughts of Fantrax!

13 hours ago, Pap said:

Familia was eligible during his suspension, was that a glitch?

No Familia was SUSP then NA then SUSP on Yahoo. 

The switch to NA was when he was eligible to pitch in the minors according to MLB rules which is before a suspension is lifted so a suspended player can get a rehab assignment in before re-joining the club. That is what they do with all suspended players and all platforms, as far as I, know follow the formula that once he is active in the minors he becomes NA at that point because he is playing baseball professionally again.

Now I don't understand why he was changed back to SUSP later though.