Dugout Legend

2017 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

 

you do know this is so wrong for this game we love

 

The one where the person who collects the best 1's and zeros wins?

 

DO NOT mess with the delicate atomic structure or we will have entropy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sour grapes about it happening because it will give RIzzo owners a slight advantage at all, I just don't really think it should happen. The definition of playing a position for fantasy purposes should be based off starts at a position, not "appearances", IMO. In fact that's what I always assumed it was based on. Turns out you can get it for just appearing at a position for even a single plate appearance?

Edited by Joesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Fantrax, they have a setting " Players are ONLY eligible at their initial Primary position (Beta)" This could cause issue with other players having dual eligibility so might not be something ever do but good to know at least we have the option in the Fantrax platform.

 

May have to construct a " Rizzo rule" in the near future. We shall see how this plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

In Fantrax, they have a setting " Players are ONLY eligible at their initial Primary position (Beta)" This could cause issue with other players having dual eligibility so might not be something ever do but good to know at least we have the option in the Fantrax platform.

May have to construct a " Rizzo rule" in the near future. We shall see how this plays out.

Rizzo rule, yes.   But not that beta option.  There are plenty of players who are super utility guys and should be respected for their talents.  There are regular players who have to shift and play at other positions for injured players even more than Yahoo and ESPN require and they earned those positions.

Appearances is fine if they switch in game and end in that position or come in off the bench.  Not switch for one batter then back to the position they started the game at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I can word this right but on a shift where the SS plays on the right side of 2nd and the 2nd baseman ends up in RF does the SS get credit for playing 2nd base and the 2nd baseman vet an appearance in RF? Or if a team had shifted into Brock's favorite 4OF shift against Conforto how would they determine RF, CF, and LF for those in leagues where that could be important?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do reckon ESPN owes us Aaron Judge owners a SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigfische1 said:

Judge has a SB on Yahoo but no SB on ESPN today, any idea on what the discrepancy could be?

 

Guessing they don't use the same stats provider and ESPN's hasn't counted it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS hasn't updated their ownership % in almost a week...That's usually a daily thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 3:18 PM, Low and Away said:

Not sure if I can word this right but on a shift where the SS plays on the right side of 2nd and the 2nd baseman ends up in RF does the SS get credit for playing 2nd base and the 2nd baseman vet an appearance in RF? Or if a team had shifted into Brock's favorite 4OF shift against Conforto how would they determine RF, CF, and LF for those in leagues where that could be important?

No.  They don't shift in position. Jjust where they stand.

The whole Rizzo thing is totally different and involves changing 1B glove for IF glove and Clint Hurdle's complaint and stuff like that. Read the article. 

if people shifting in general got "appearances" every single SS and 2B and 3B in baseball would all have multiple positions withing the first week or two of every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta admit something here..

 

As much as I pump the tires on Fantrax, I'm feeling a little disappointed this year thus far. Over the past week they've had several "infrastructure outages" causing severe delays in site accessibility. This has been a consistent issue since early April. They had a live scoring blackout occur as well. I know they going through wholesale upgrades with their Fantrax 2.0 version and I'm sure in the long run it's all for the better - but still does not help in current time. How are other Fantrax users feeling about the site this year? Are you seeing positive upgrades? I think as a whole I can see the long term positive side, just frustrated and venting and probably a case of the Mondays.

 

They are working on upgrading their Team Roster and Live Scoring sections which seems to be taking forever.

 

How are you feeling fellow Fantrax users?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPNs MLB Gamecast is absolutely terrible for balls and strikes.  Why even show where the pitch is supposedly going if it's going to be so inaccurate? 

 

Right down the middle is always a ball... 

 

I guess it's a metaphor for ESPNs analysis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN having the wrong start times and thus daily lock times is annoying. The Blue Jays / Yankee game starts at 7:05 EST but ESPN has it at 7:00 EST and thus locked 5 minutes early. Why do they make up their own start times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ESPN - does Johnny Cueto's player box (the one that comes up when you click his name) have a black box in it for anyone else? I noticed this like a week ago and thought they'd eventually sort it out. Not doing it with anyone else, just Cueto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First year Yahoo 6x6 Roto keeper league.  I'm still getting used to the platform and league rules.  I understand how the innings limit works but I'm a little confused about the game limit for each position.  For example, if I substitute someone in my lineup due to matchups, inactivity or something else, how does that equate to an extra game played?  

 

I'm currently outpacing the league in games played and innings pitched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantrax users:

 

Just an FYI there is a new " beta" team rosters appearance link on our team rosters page. This gives you the new look to team rosters page that is forthcoming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

Fantrax users:

 

Just an FYI there is a new " beta" team rosters appearance link on our team rosters page. This gives you the new look to team rosters page that is forthcoming soon.

i wish they would add a way to remove stats that don't count in each league from the team view page... i don't care how many "hits" a player has, only those stats that are counting for the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

i wish they would add a way to remove stats that don't count in each league from the team view page... i don't care how many "hits" a player has, only those stats that are counting for the league.

 

Do you have your settings set to " tracked" on the "alerts / Preferences" section?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 3:26 PM, borindia said:

First year Yahoo 6x6 Roto keeper league.  I'm still getting used to the platform and league rules.  I understand how the innings limit works but I'm a little confused about the game limit for each position.  For example, if I substitute someone in my lineup due to matchups, inactivity or something else, how does that equate to an extra game played?  

 

I'm currently outpacing the league in games played and innings pitched.

its base on 162 games played at each position. If you keep substituting on when guys have off you will be projected to go over 162.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

 

Do you have your settings set to " tracked" on the "alerts / Preferences" section?

yep.

i'm in a 5x5 and pitchers, for example, still show G, GS, IP, H, BB along with the five that we score. while it's neat to see those other stats, i wish there was a way to remove them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 0:24 PM, Dugout Legend said:

I gotta admit something here..

 

As much as I pump the tires on Fantrax, I'm feeling a little disappointed this year thus far. Over the past week they've had several "infrastructure outages" causing severe delays in site accessibility. This has been a consistent issue since early April. They had a live scoring blackout occur as well. I know they going through wholesale upgrades with their Fantrax 2.0 version and I'm sure in the long run it's all for the better - but still does not help in current time. How are other Fantrax users feeling about the site this year? Are you seeing positive upgrades? I think as a whole I can see the long term positive side, just frustrated and venting and probably a case of the Mondays.

 

They are working on upgrading their Team Roster and Live Scoring sections which seems to be taking forever.

 

How are you feeling fellow Fantrax users?

Doesn't bother me too much. Still the best fantasy site for me and have always had good interactions with the support guys. They listen to customer feedback and I've had a number of ideas built into the redesigned site. That is something you aren't going to get with any other of the major sites. I have a friend who has worked on building fantasy sports/gambling websites and was pretty amazed at how quickly they can implement things. Sure, the 2.0 upgrade is dragging on but my understanding is that it's related to technology that is not under their control. Either way, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they've done a great job overall and they work pretty hard to make changes based upon the feedback they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Doesn't bother me too much. Still the best fantasy site for me and have always had good interactions with the support guys. They listen to customer feedback and I've had a number of ideas built into the redesigned site. That is something you aren't going to get with any other of the major sites. I have a friend who has worked on building fantasy sports/gambling websites and was pretty amazed at how quickly they can implement things. Sure, the 2.0 upgrade is dragging on but my understanding is that it's related to technology that is not under their control. Either way, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they've done a great job overall and they work pretty hard to make changes based upon the feedback they get.

 

I'm still a 100% on board with Fantrax. I was frustrated last week but overall i'm ok. I get impatient when they say " this" will occur later in the month and then the next month comes and still waiting. They do good at customer service for sure and their overall site is the best, just wish they'd " announce" more or keep us Fantrax users more in the loop with periodic emails on progress, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to start a mid-season league anywhere without stats up to this point in the season counting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before. It takes 10 games to gain position eligibility in ESPN. I believe most other platforms, the number of games is 5. 

 

A guy like Hernan Perez earned shortstop eligibility last week, and only needs 4 more games at 2nd base to earn that eligibility in Yahoo. In ESPN he needs 4 more appearances at short and 9 more at second. By the time he gets that (if ever), the season will be close to over. It would be nice if we could use these types of players in the same manner the real life teams do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 6:30 AM, Joesh said:

Is it possible to start a mid-season league anywhere without stats up to this point in the season counting?

Yes, Yahoo Pro Leagues are still running, along with free, public leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.